ADVERTISEMENT

Advice on Visiting Marshall

Mar 26, 2018
Hi, I have a high school senior who is thinking about applying to Marshall. Was just curious as to when the best time to visit would be? Is football game day a good time or bad time, because of traffic, etc. I know the school offers many tours. Anything you can tell me about Marshall would be great. Pros and Cons. We are from PA and have never been there. It looks like a very pretty campus judging from the website.

Thanks!

Hello, and welcome...

I enrolled at Marshall, originally from the great state of Pennsylvania, all the way back in 2003.

Marshall has a beautiful campus. Visiting on a football game day would probably be the most fun, especially if your student is a sports fan at all. Traffic on game days isn't terrible with the exception of roughly an hour before the game and about an hour afterward. Typical of major events in urban areas.

I know tours are done every day during the week and on certain Saturdays. When I came down for a visit when I was a senior in high school I took a tour on a Saturday (we were driving down from our home near Erie). We were actually a little late because we got stuck in road construction and the tour guide was very accommodating and waited for us since we called ahead.

Here is the link to the tour info.
https://www.marshall.edu/recruitment/tour-our-campus/

As for pros and cons of coming to Marshall, all I can speak from is my experience, but I consider getting away from my hometown and coming to Huntington one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was able to get involved with campus activities while living in the dorms, made friends quickly and got a part-time job shortly after getting to Marshall. There are so many clubs, organizations, student groups and activities that it's very easy to integrate into the college experience.

Hope that helps!

Hello, and welcome...

I enrolled at Marshall, originally from the great state of Pennsylvania, all the way back in 2003.

Marshall has a beautiful campus. Visiting on a football game day would probably be the most fun, especially if your student is a sports fan at all. Traffic on game days isn't terrible with the exception of roughly an hour before the game and about an hour afterward. Typical of major events in urban areas.

I know tours are done every day during the week and on certain Saturdays. When I came down for a visit when I was a senior in high school I took a tour on a Saturday (we were driving down from our home near Erie). We were actually a little late because we got stuck in road construction and the tour guide was very accommodating and waited for us since we called ahead.

Here is the link to the tour info.
https://www.marshall.edu/recruitment/tour-our-campus/

As for pros and cons of coming to Marshall, all I can speak from is my experience, but I consider getting away from my hometown and coming to Huntington one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was able to get involved with campus activities while living in the dorms, made friends quickly and got a part-time job shortly after getting to Marshall. There are so many clubs, organizations, student groups and activities that it's very easy to integrate into the college experience.

Hope that helps!

Panther - follow Rhino's link to register for one of the two Green and White Days remaining: Nov. 12 (Monday) and Dec. 1 (Saturday). It is anticipated that the Nov. 12 G&W Day will include about 1000 visitors (students + parents).

If one of the two remaining G&W Days are not feasible, contact the recruitment office to set up an individual visit.

Hope you enjoy regardless of when you get a chance to visit.

I would definitely recommend Green and White day. It is much more in depth than just a tour and you will meet with faculty of the college the future student wants to go into. If you have any other questions, I use to be a tour guide and can help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT