ADVERTISEMENT

All C-USA Team Announced

Jackson is feast or famine, and has been fo two years... One week he looks like Daryl Revis and the next week he looks like my uncle Daryl out there.

Perfect case in point was our last two games – Against Charlotte he had a pick off a batted ball on the 3rd defensive play of the game, but then gave up three huge pass plays and was called for two PI's, looked absolutely awful. The next week against FIU, locked up his man, batted away a potential touchdown pass, looked like a All-CUSA player.

Go back and look at the May prediction from Athlon. They predicted 2 first teamers for MU and a total of 9 on their 4 team selection. We ended up with 8 1st teamers. Pretty good results

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Jackson is feast or famine, and has been fo two years... One week he looks like Daryl Revis and the next week he looks like my uncle Daryl out there.

Perfect case in point was our last two games – Against Charlotte he had a pick off a batted ball on the 3rd defensive play of the game, but then gave up three huge pass plays and was called for two PI's, looked absolutely awful. The next week against FIU, locked up his man, batted away a potential touchdown pass, looked like a All-CUSA player.
Point well taken.

Go back and look at the May prediction from Athlon. They predicted 2 first teamers for MU and a total of 9 on their 4 team selection. We ended up with 8 1st teamers. Pretty good results

Really, all this means is that John continues to squander talent. If we had that many players make 1st team, then one could safely assume we would have done better than 2nd place in a division which is found in the worst conference.

Absolutely agree, this talent was in some instances wasted because of our deficiency at QB. In all likelihood we will be saying the same thing next year, Doc has a propensity that once a decision is made he will not change his decision.

Reactions: Elkview
Impressive, as a UCF fan what concerns me the most is that 3 were on special teams and in some regards that may be the weakest part of our game.....

Eight 1st team all-conference selections, C-USA MVP, C-USA special teams POTY, and STILL no division title. Not gonna have many seasons with that many high-caliber players. This was a big missed opportunity.

Eight 1st team all-conference selections, C-USA MVP, C-USA special teams POTY, and STILL no division title. Not gonna have many seasons with that many high-caliber players. This was a big missed opportunity.
Underachiever.

Reactions: Elkview
To some extend, the idea that we had a QB that tied for freshman of the year last year and isn't even mentioned this year tells a lot.
Doc has not recruited well at QB. Even with Chase Litton their were serious leadership issue. As I have said many times. Doc recruits talent not character. When you don't recruit kids with some leadership or character you have teams that don't play at a high level all the time

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT