ADVERTISEMENT

Another Big Conference Win for Basketball

Herd keeps getting good results while having to shuffle the lineup....again! Wait until George is back in a month or so. Watson shows flashes already. West plays lock-down D!!! Very pleased so far where #10 (circa 1968) has this team headed.
Go Herd
p.s. Jon Elmore is hard to handle

Couldn't be happier with this team's performance! Saw the Xavier game - which was obviously a loss, but was impressed by the fact that in spite of shooting terribly in the first half there wasnt a hint of quit in them. Considering that Danny D had to be counting on having the big kid that got declared ineligible, he has managed the roster very well. I love it that we have a system, we stick to it come hell or high water, and the kids have bought into the idea. It would be great to do some recruiting outside of "The 304" or a neighboring Ohio/Kentucky county, but hopefully that will come with time. Lost quite a bit of talent from last year's roster and to be at 11-4 at this point in the season is honestly a pleasant surprise.

Couldn't be happier with this team's performance! Saw the Xavier game - which was obviously a loss, but was impressed by the fact that in spite of shooting terribly in the first half there wasnt a hint of quit in them. Considering that Danny D had to be counting on having the big kid that got declared ineligible, he has managed the roster very well. I love it that we have a system, we stick to it come hell or high water, and the kids have bought into the idea. It would be great to do some recruiting outside of "The 304" or a neighboring Ohio/Kentucky county, but hopefully that will come with time. Lost quite a bit of talent from last year's roster and to be at 11-4 at this point in the season is honestly a pleasant surprise.
I understand the want for players outside the state/region, but 73/78 points tonight were scored by WV players.

I’ve been saying it for a few years now and i’ll continue to say it. The problem isn’t having so many from WV. I’d take another Elmore, Burks, Watson, or West. Throw in Browning and I’d say the in-state players are more than holding their own.

However, looking at some out of state talent...I really like what I’ve seen from Darius George and Jannson Williams. Throw in an Iran Bennett and a Cameron Brooks next season along with two more in-state players in Levi Cook and Jeremy Dillon...the future is looking good.

Basketball isn't like football... In-state kids are an asset on the hardwood. If coach Dantoni can recruit two of the five best kids in the state each year that would theoretically be 8 WV kids on the team. It's pretty safe to say that there are at least 4-5 Division I hoops players coming out of WV high schools (not counting the basketball factory at Huntington Prep) each year so those numbers are realistic.

It's not like football where there are 100 guys in every D-I program and West Virginia high schools are producing 10 or so legit D-I kids per year.

Can we get any huntington prep players?
Not often. Those kids are 4 star players. They came to an elite HS program in hopes of playing basketball at the Dukes, NC of the world. Only way we get one is if they are non qualifiers or get a Huntington girlfriend while here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT