ADVERTISEMENT

Another college murder - this time in KY

Just about your argument about homosexually being unnatural also applies to blowjobs. Would you like to ban blowjobs?

Nice retort. Couldnt think of anything better?

I'll just let the statistics speak for themselves.

"Men who have sex with men are more likely to develop anal and oral cancers."

Nice retort. Couldnt think of anything better?

I'll just let the statistics speak for themselves.

"Men who have sex with men are more likely to develop anal and oral cancers."
Can’t think of a response to it?

A lot of human activities lead to higher cancer rates. Want to start banning them? I don’t think an anti-booze anti-blowjob party is going to make a lot of hay but give it a shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Can’t think of a response to it?

And yet you are the one coming up with the strawman arguments...

Your argument about Christians killing non-believers was particularly weak.

Who has killed more people in the course of history? Christianity or governments (especially Godless 'isms...)?

Let's look back over the last 100 years and look at the genocides committed by not the Church but rather various governments committing them not in the name of Christ...

• The twentieth century has been regarded by many scholars as 'the century of genocide', in which state-sponsored mass murder of civilians in the First and Second World Wars set a pattern that was to be repeated many times across the world in the fifty years that followed.

A lot of human activities lead to higher cancer rates. Want to start banning them? I don’t think an anti-booze anti-blowjob party is going to make a lot of hay but give it a shot.

Don't forget anti-smokong and anti-gay while you're at it...

Have you been on both sides of the debate? I have. For the first 27 years of my life I was anything but a Christian. In hindsight I was lucky to have survived. Several of my running buddies didn't, some with violent ends. The Christian life isn't easy but it is rewarding, much more so than the alternative. One way brings life, one way brings death. I want others to experience the same change that have.

Are there bullies in Christianity? Absolutely. There are bullies in all areas of life. I've never liked bullies. I have stood up to bullies picking on gays and would again today. However I don't condone or support their political movement.

And yet you are the one coming up with the strawman arguments...

Your argument about Christians killing non-believers was particularly weak.

Who has killed more people in the course of history? Christianity or governments (especially Godless 'isms...)?

Let's look back over the last 100 years and look at the genocides committed by not the Church but rather various governments committing them not in the name of Christ...

• The twentieth century has been regarded by many scholars as 'the century of genocide', in which state-sponsored mass murder of civilians in the First and Second World Wars set a pattern that was to be repeated many times across the world in the fifty years that followed.

Don't forget anti-smokong and anti-gay while you're at it...

Have you been on both sides of the debate? I have. For the first 27 years of my life I was anything but a Christian. In hindsight I was lucky to have survived. Several of my running buddies didn't, some with violent ends. The Christian life isn't easy but it is rewarding, much more so than the alternative. One way brings life, one way brings death. I want others to experience the same change that have.

Are there bullies in Christianity? Absolutely. There are bullies in all areas of life. I've never liked bullies. I have stood up to bullies picking on gays and would again today. However I don't condone or support their political movement.
Yeah when I was a kid (up till probably 22) I was Christian and even raised a minor kerfluffle for keeping a Bible on my desk in high school for a minute. I just eventually didn’t believe in it anymore. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t earnestly say tomorrow “I literally believe the Bible is true.” Any more than you could say the opposite.

That realization was, fwiw, the beginning of the end of religion for me. When I came to realize that actually yes, Muslims and Jains and atheists and Hindus all believe and feel just as absolutely sure as I do that they’re right. And I had to kind of look at it from another perspective then and I just lost faith. I liked being Christian more, death was less terrifying, but I can’t just choose to be. I don’t believe it.

As far as who has killed more people, the distinction between Christianity (or religion, pre-Christianity) and government hasn’t really existed through a lot of Western history. The King was chosen by god, of course, so he could order you to kill in the name of it. That’s one of the (many) reasons America happened. I love history and will talk about it all day but I don’t remember even mentioning Christians killing anybody, or comparing Christians killing people to governments killing people.

Damn bro, you Cornbread Mafia?

No. Just ran with some party animals back in the day. Most of the time I was the responsible one but not always. Couple died in car accidents. HS best friend was a tough guy. He was jumped by three thugs. He beat up on 2 of the 3 and went after the third who shot him point blank in the neck. My next best friend was like Ferris Bueller - everyone liked him. He (RIP), maturity and God were (are) great influences on me.

When I came to realize that actually yes, Muslims and Jains and atheists and Hindus all believe and feel just as absolutely sure as I do that they’re right. And I had to kind of look at it from another perspective then and I just lost faith. I liked being Christian more, death was less terrifying, but I can’t just choose to be. I don’t believe it.

The rational man in me gets that, to a point. But Christianity to me is different and set apart from the other religions you mentioned for a variety of reasons.

You later mention King. Jesus was King, but His strength was in weakness. He overcame both the Kings and religious leaders (religion) of His time on earth not by power, but by weakness. He championed the poor but was not impressed by the wealthy. He talked about empowering your neighbor more than self. All of these are counter to every other religion. Plus His grave is empty.

I've learned from Him and His Word that human nature is the same now as it was then and the Word is just as relevant today as it was then. I can still read the Bible and relate it to current events.

That said I've felt like you have had an experience with Christianity that left you somewhat empty and unfulfilled. That is one reason why I try to engage you. My responses may be tough at times but I try to be fair and respectful (though tone doesn't seem to type well...). I hope you do have a prodigal moment sometime in your life and come back to the faith of your youth.

I love history and will talk about it all day but I don’t remember even mentioning Christians killing anybody, or comparing Christians killing people to governments killing people.

I love history but my life and work (not necessarily in that order ☹️) don't allow me to study it as much. I have heard some outlandish numbers of deaths and murders being attributed to Christians at various times.

A couple of years ago I was checking out at Kroger's and one of the young male employees (a pseudo-intellectual type) was holding court at the front of the store saying Christianity has been responsible for more deaths in the last 100 years than anything. I pressed him for details that he couldn't provide. I mentioned the millions of deaths attributed to Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler and others over the last 100 years to support my beliefs. (Funny how Hitler likely killed the fewest of the ones mentioned but they seem to get a pass while he continues to be vilified, and rightfully so). It is out there, primarily among the younger generation.

A&E’S ‘SECRETS OF’ FRANCHISE EXPANDS WITH NEW DOCUMENTARY SERIES “SECRETS OF POLYGAMY” EXPLORING THE SHOCKING INNER WORKINGS OF EXTREME POLYGAMIST GROUPS THROUGH IN-DEPTH INTERVIEWS WITH INSIDERS INCLUDING WARREN JEFFS’ DAUGHTER AND ONE OF HIS FORMER WIVES

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT