ADVERTISEMENT

Another One

400k isn't even close in many areas here. I am not sure NC is even a wealthy state but there is some money here.

the amount of money in this country is amazing. $400 k.a year around here wouldn't even remotely put you in thr.big neighborhoods.

Reactions: 30CAT
It's....fine. There's "fancy" items at Kroger we can't get at Walmart.

I've heard people say Walmart beef isn't the best. We don't buy beef there. We bought a cow and had it processed. When it runs out, we will buy another. This is the way, higher quality and less money.

So you have the option of Kroger? Not bad at all.

Very good move on buying a cow. I do the same thing. The flavor of your own butchered beef versus store-bought is no contest. Especially on the grill.

Charcoal, not gas.

Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, Giant Eagle and some farmer's markets near by. I have plenty of reasons not to go to Walmart.

I remember when Walmart first opened and prided themselves as selling American products only. Oh, how that went awry.

That said, I do shop Sam's club once in a great while. I don't like to admit that.

@Raoul Duke MU spotted at walmart over the weekend:

people-at-walmart-dressed-bad.jpg

i absolutely abhor that place. honestly, can't remember the last time i set foot in one, but i've already discussed my memory issues in another thread.

we use to get half a beef from a local grower but we'd get more burger than we could ever eat and would end up giving a bunch away, so stopped it. have been buying our beef at the local shop-n-save, which surprisingly has pretty damn good fresh cut/ground beef. we 're considering getting beef from smoke hole caverns moving forward, believe it or not. daughter of the owners married into a large (for WV) cattle raising operation in hardy co; they raise beef, butcher and sell locally. she brings it to the caverns and we can pick it up there. that way we can get fresh raised beef from a local farmer and not have to put 1.5 years worth in our freezer. might cost a bit more in the long run, but what the hell, because, ya know, poor as hell.

get all of our pork from the neighbor across the ridge. i help them with whatever, they in turn have told me to raid their fridge/freezer at the butchering operation whenever i need to. hell, he gives me two cured hams in feb/mar every year. and, ho-lee-shit, best ham i've ever had.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
In the Land of the Blind, the one eyed man is king.
What about in the land of the obese, depressed, unhealthy, lazy, uneducated, poor, unable to access wifi, addicted, and everything else that west virginia leads the country in?

Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, Giant Eagle and some farmer's markets near by. I have plenty of reasons not to go to Walmart.
That's cute. That must be the west virginian version of being elitist. "By gosh, you won't catch me meandering around at THE Walmarts. I like them quality cuts of meat down there at the Piggly Wiggly."

That said, I do shop Sam's club once in a great while. I don't like to admit that.
As do we, but it is an hour away in Joplin, so we go there maybe every two months. And then it's more for something to do while in Joplin, we don't really stock up like the typical Sam's hoarders. We do have Sam's deliver our dog food, it's significantly cheaper and we get free shipping from Sam's.
i absolutely abhor that place.
As do I. But I'll be damned if I drive 40 miles for groceries when I can get groceries 3 miles away.
Is the market in Beverly still open? They had really good beef.

What about in the land of the obese, depressed, unhealthy, lazy, uneducated, poor, unable to access wifi, addicted, and everything else that west virginia leads the country in?
I don’t fit in any of those categories except for slight seasonal depression. Still the king!

That's cute. That must be the west virginian version of being elitist. "By gosh, you won't catch me meandering around at THE Walmarts. I like them quality cuts of meat down there at the Piggly Wiggly."

Dumbass

Is the market in Beverly still open? They had really good beef.
we had that market butcher for us once, but it was one that a couple buddies had raised. not sure if it's still in operation, or not. if they're not, with the price of beef, they're likely taking turns kicking each other in the nuts.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Welp, we are needing to go back to destroying the board again (though Crispy Lips already has done that). He has started six different threads today about Fox News articles. Six! And we are only halfway through the day. He has also posted about 30 times today halfway through the day.

The Chemour Company and their HR team will not take kindly to him doing this again during the work week. So, Crispy Lips, nice job on ruining the board. This is all because you can't control yourself.

Crispy Lips -

Stop ruining the board by posting Fox News threads and start doing your job at The Chemours Company. You're stealing from them while on the clock!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT