ADVERTISEMENT

Another Suspension

No. His violation was known. His specific punishment wasn't fully known; only assumed.

Wrong, this is something that Doc and Hamrick have known since they brought him in. Like I said old news. Personally I think it's BS he still needs to sit out but that is what the NCAA ruled.

Reactions: 19MU88
Wrong, this is something that Doc and Hamrick have known since they brought him in. Like I said old news. Personally I think it's BS he still needs to sit out but that is what the NCAA ruled.

No. His violation was known. His suspension was unknown at the time he signed with Marshall.

He was kicked off of Miami last summer. Less than two months later, he signed with Marshall, which was before the NCAA dealt its punishment.

He never signed lol, he transferred and one of the provisions was to serve a 4 game suspension. A suspension he would have served at Miami if he never lied about what happened and was dismissed.

What's your point idiot ?

I'm glad you didn't call me "stoopid" [sic] this time like you did last week. I felt so bad for your level of dumbness, that I couldn't force myself to mock you for it.

It wasn't an arrest I don't believe so why are the Eerdiots out in full force?

I despise wvu. I bleed green far more than you do. This is what happens when people listen to morons. Samantha fabricates a story (much like how he fabricates comments in many of his posts), greenhouse is too dumb to realize the truth, and then others believe his comments.

He never signed lol, he transferred and one of the provisions was to serve a 4 game suspension. A suspension he would have served at Miami if he never lied about what happened and was dismissed.

He did sign. Again, you're clueless of how things work. In order to be on scholarship, like he is, he had to sign papers.

He wouldn't have served it at Miami since they suspended him indefinitely and urged him to leave while they continued their investigation. The football program didn't suspend him; it came from Miami's compliance office.

One of us went to high school with Miami's Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance. One of us was the high school's QB while he was the JV QB. The other ones in this thread, like usual, have no clue what they are talking about.

I don't know if it was known at the time of his transfer (although I'm sure it was expected), but we've known this was the case since mid-November so the staff has known at least since then.

Which wasn't being contested. What Fever said (that the suspension was known since his transfer) was incorrect.

Why for gosh sake is this being argued. The kid broke an NCAA rule of accepting a gift while at Miami. He, Miami and Marshall all knew there would be consequences. Like what was said above, he didn't steal anything, hurt or kill somebody. I'm sure there are many on here that would have done what he did. Not to condone it but how many 18 year olds would accept a Ferrari for the weekend to tool around town?

Reactions: ToesMU
Holy shit what an intense thread over a transfer player on a team coming off a 3-9 season. Oh sweet baby jesus, he's suspended for the first four games what ever will we do? Probably lose the majority of those games like we were gonna anyway.

People need to find new hobbies. Or a hobby.

He wasn't on Scholarship last season so once again, he didn't sign.

You said this was known "when he first transferred in." That's entirely false.

He transferred in less than two months after Miami started investigating the situation. At the time, Miami hadn't even settled on a punishment yet for the players involved let alone provide their findings to the NCAA. So, no, Marshall wasn't aware of his punishment when he transferred in. As I said, your statement was entirely false.

And for those of you who claim it isn't a big deal and that most of us would have done the same thing . . . that's a bullshit excuse. These kids have it drilled into their heads from day 1 what can and can't be done pertaining to impermissible benefits. At a place like Miami, where they just had a huge scandal regarding it, it is drilled into their heads on a daily basis. It isn't some regular 18 year old college kid. It was a student-athlete who had repeatedly been told what he couldn't do, yet he did it anyways. Then, when confronted about it, he lied to Miami's compliance office. The plan was for these athletes to get free use of the vehicles, then to pay those costs back when/if they become NFL players. It wasn't simply the case of a neighbor being friendly and saying "hey, I'm out of town this weekend, can you car-sit my luxury cars for me?"

There are tons of student-athletes who have these types of opportunities presented to them every year. The majority don't take the risk of doing the illegal (by NCAA definition) action. An even lower amount then lie to their compliance office when confronted about it like Juwon did.

For a head coach to dismiss those things and claim any other 18 year old would have done the same thing is absurd. Then, again, when you hired one of the biggest cheaters in college football over the last decade to mentor these student-athletes, how can you not also take cheating athletes?

Reactions: sistersville
Get a life eerbilly Dave.
You ever find yourself listening to an IT dork tell a joke, and you just feel so uncomfortable having to stand there, and pretend to laugh? That's how I feel each and every time you attempt to be humorous.

To make things worse, the guy you keep insisting to be a WVU fan, has likely put on a Herd athletic uniform and competed on the playing field more times than everybody else on this forum combined, and that includes the many times ToesMU has put on the uniform for photo-ops.

Reactions: mufan08
Rifle, you have coached at 3 schools all who are known to take in kids who have either committed NCAA infractions or Real Crimes. Don't throw glass stones.

Rifle, you have coached at 3 schools all who are known to take in kids who have either committed NCAA infractions or Real Crimes. Don't throw glass stones.

That's false. One of them had a history of doing that. Name the number of players at the other two who committed NCAA infractions or "real crimes" that we took. Hell, at one school, we dropped the #1 ranked JUCO DT after he kept demanding me to get him money in order for him to commit.

Worse than that, even the one school that did accept those types of players didn't have their rogue head coach make excuses and claim anyone else would have done the same thing.

On the surface, I have no problem taking this kid based on his indiscretions. But it's much deeper than that. Marshall's depth chart is depleted and void of talent after the first group because taking these kids has resulted in high attrition. I also have an issue with this kid being from a school that just went through a major scandal relating to this, so he was well aware of the repercussions. Then, he doubled-down and lied to his own compliance about it. It all culminates in Doc claiming that any other 18 year old would have done the same thing. That's bullshit. Coaches and athletic departments spends countless hours and money making sure players don't do this when they have the opportunity. Don't discredit the majority of athletes who choose to do the right thing just to try to cover for those you sign who have done the wrong thing.

I'm glad you didn't call me "stoopid" [sic] this time like you did last week. I felt so bad for your level of dumbness, that I couldn't force myself to mock you for it.

I despise wvu. I bleed green far more than you do. This is what happens when people listen to morons. Samantha fabricates a story (much like how he fabricates comments in many of his posts), greenhouse is too dumb to realize the truth, and then others believe his comments.

He did sign. Again, you're clueless of how things work. In order to be on scholarship, like he is, he had to sign papers.

He wouldn't have served it at Miami since they suspended him indefinitely and urged him to leave while they continued their investigation. The football program didn't suspend him; it came from Miami's compliance office.

One of us went to high school with Miami's Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance. One of us was the high school's QB while he was the JV QB. The other ones in this thread, like usual, have no clue what they are talking about.
Craig Anderson?

Reactions: Herd Fever
Why for gosh sake is this being argued. The kid broke an NCAA rule of accepting a gift while at Miami. He, Miami and Marshall all knew there would be consequences. Like what was said above, he didn't steal anything, hurt or kill somebody. I'm sure there are many on here that would have done what he did. Not to condone it but how many 18 year olds would accept a Ferrari for the weekend to tool around town?
The kicker is that Will Grier, who was supposed to be suspended for 6 games once eligible to play after transferring has been ruled eligible to play immediately by the NCAA, while Young had a 4 game suspension in place once he was eligible to play for his new school and the suspension id being upheld. Then again, Grier transferred to a P5 school while Young transferred to a G5, so it is easy to put 2-and-2 together and see the bias in NCAA decisions. Young will be a big loss in the 1st 4 games as he is definitely one of our top defenders and players on the team.

Reactions: oldeherd
Fever has gotten much, much better with his obsession. I'm trying to avoid laughing at him as much as I see his maturity and character grow (albeit slowly) . . . even if that means throwing glass stones at rock houses.
Be careful. He has hands of glass.

ADVERTISEMENT