ADVERTISEMENT

Another thing politics has ruined.

I have always enjoyed seeing all of the work you have accomplished with your hoe.

This board. I always enjoyed coming here to see how others lived and worked, what they had accomplished in life, and the pictures they posted. Now it is mostly bitching about Trump and Harris.

I’m about done here.
It's why I did what I did. Crispy Lips ruined it. I gave many warnings, but he was and still is obsessive with starting threads always about the same very few topics and from the same source. He's too socially inept to take a hint when nobody responds to his threads, but his fellow deplorables didn't hold him accountable like we did to dherd.

As a last gasp resort to try saving the board and not pushing away valuable posters like you, E.T. and I had to counter the attack by doing the same thing in order to prove a point. Unfortunately, the deplorables have no morals and refuse to hold their own accountable.

It's why I did what I did. Crispy Lips ruined it. I gave many warnings, but he was and still is obsessive with starting threads always about the same very few topics and from the same source. He's too socially inept to take a hint when nobody responds to his threads, but his fellow deplorables didn't hold him accountable like we did to dherd.

As a last gasp resort to try saving the board and not pushing away valuable posters like you, E.T. and I had to counter the attack by doing the same thing in order to prove a point. Unfortunately, the deplorables have no morals and refuse to hold their own accountable.

You're a dumbass. The ignore button solves all of that. You two idiots weren't/aren't doing the same thing. Not even close.

You're just a whiny bitch with a scratched ego.

greengeezer is a fine poster. I don't see him bitching about my posting of articles. What you and your little puppet are doing is what's ruining the board, not me. Also your extra account.

I'm one person. One person is easy to put on ignore, not multiple posters with multiple accounts.

Stop being a dumbass, dumbass.

Reactions: SBAP74 and 19MU88
Did you build the boxes? And do I see green peppers back there?
Moron, you're the one who sparked what he is complaining about. Don't try and suck his dick now, just stop doing what I called you out for doing months ago.

Moron, you're the one who sparked what he is complaining about. Don't try and suck his dick now, just stop doing what I called you out for doing months ago.

STFU you self-proclaimed board-ruiner.

You may wish, but I don't suck dick. We are actually planning on doing some growing in our back yard next year, now that we have a lot of remodeling done.

When I need shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head, numbnuts.

Now mind ya business, nobody.

STFU you self-proclaimed board-ruiner.

. We are actually planning on doing some growing in our back yard next year, now that we have a lot of remodeling done.

When I need shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head, numbnuts.

Now mind ya business, nobody.
This sounds like a really bad 80s kid movie, when the kid who has been picked on his entire life tries to finally stick up for himself, only to get beat up and stuffed in his locker.

You may wish, but I don't suck dick.

The only reason I wish that is so Kati could take a break and cook me some dinner while you service the rest of her regulars. Spend the $15 wisely!

I bought the boxes years ago. Yeah, a couple pepper plants and a cherry tomato. I call my garden the $500 salad. Enough vegetables for one salad and it costs me about $500 in seeds, plants, fertilizer, garden soil, and such. Next year, I’ll probably go all flowers.

$500? Damn. Seems pricey.

I was thinking green peppers and strawberries. From what I can see, the peppers look great. I happen to love cherry tomatoes too. (who doesn't) I might give those a try to.

My grandparents had two huge gardens on their farm. We used to help them when we visited. We all always went home with fruits and vegetables. I got mostly strawberries. So good!

The only reason I wish that is so Kati could take a break and cook me some dinner while you service the rest of her regulars. Spend the $15 wisely!

You must think you talking about your fantasies with my son's wife bothers me.

How old are you?

Reactions: 19MU88
You should first try proper grammar. It’s “too,” moron.

Typo, dumbass.

45, but yes, I know I look an astonishingly handsome 35.

I'm not attracted to men, but I can admit when a fella is handsome. From what pics I've seen of you, you definitely can't pass as a 35-year-old. You're quickly going bald.

Kati doesn’t believe it either.

Why, as a middle-aged male, do you act like a teenager? We'd talk that garbage in Junior High.

Reactions: 19MU88

the really pathetic part is you actually believe in your little movement . . . at 45 fvcking years old.

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
You're a dumbass. The ignore button solves all of that. You two idiots weren't/aren't doing the same thing. Not even close.

You're just a whiny bitch with a scratched ego.

greengeezer is a fine poster. I don't see him bitching about my posting of articles. What you and your little puppet are doing is what's ruining the board, not me. Also your extra account.

I'm one person. One person is easy to put on ignore, not multiple posters with multiple accounts.

Stop being a dumbass, dumbass.
Excellent post.

Reactions: 30CAT
Excellent post.
Dp-jJX.gif

I bought the boxes years ago. Yeah, a couple pepper plants and a cherry tomato. I call my garden the $500 salad. Enough vegetables for one salad and it costs me about $500 in seeds, plants, fertilizer, garden soil, and such. Next year, I’ll probably go all flowers.
Sounds like us. I don't know why, but man our tomato plants didn't do jack shit this year. But neither did our neighbor's. Yeah it's been hot and dry, but they were watered daily. I'm going to have to figure out the soil and climate here.

Reactions: greengeezer
Sounds like us. I don't know why, but man our tomato plants didn't do jack shit this year. But neither did our neighbor's. Yeah it's been hot and dry, but they were watered daily. I'm going to have to figure out the soil and climate here.

Does direct sunlight or lack thereof have an effect or is it just soil?

Same here as well.

We have some raised beds my wife "built"....as in I bought pre-fabricated kits you had to construct. We do vegetables (tomatoes and peppers mostly but some herbs and cucumbers in there as well) and flowers. We had to water a ton but had a nice yield this year. Some flowers were used in arrangements for weddings or events.

It reminds me of home brewing beer - you can get "good" but you'll never beat the pros and it is not cost effective.

Still a nice thing to do if you have the time and money.

@Raoul Duke MU @-CarlHungus-

around these parts, we take a sample of the soil to the local southern states and they can test it to see what precisely needs added to the soil to make it grow whatever you want. i'm sure the local SS doesn't have a monopoly on that tech, so it'd be worth a shot to find someplace of the sort that can test your soil.

i screwed up years ago and had them test the soil in my yard. they told me what to do and i followed their direction one fall. the next year i was mowing approx 2 acres three to four times every two weeks. didn't take long to put up a fence on each side closer to the house and turn the part fenced out into pasture, limiting the mowing to around an acre, maybe a bit more. that was just before i added onto my 15,000 sqft deck.

3 years ago after wearing out my 2nd riding mower, i was about to go buy another and was talking to a guy that contracts mowing services. i was looking at either one of the larger john deere lawn tractors (pto with various attachments) or a larger zero turn. one of them was going to cost me somewhere between $7K & $10K. i opted to hire him to mow for $35 per cutting; figured i could pay him several years for what i was going to spend on a mower. he raised it to $45 per cutting last year, then he pawned it off to another mowing contractor for this year and i'm paying him $50/cutting.

i'm hiring a landscaper in the spring (since @greengeezer doesn't seem interested) to get everything in order after the various construction projects i've done over the past two years and will have everything setup so that no trimming is required. told the new guy yesterday i was thinking about buying a new tractor and doing it myself, and in the same moment it hit me why i didn't 3 years ago. so, told him scratch that, make sure i'm on the schedule for next year, it'll be easier with no trimming required.

moral of the story: i'd rather drink beer and watch someone mow my grass than drink beer and mow it myself.

around these parts, we take a sample of the soil to the local southern states and they can test it to see what precisely needs added to the soil to make it grow whatever you want. i'm sure the local SS doesn't have a monopoly on that tech, so it'd be worth a shot to find someplace of the sort that can test your soil.
Yeah, I'm thinking about taking a sample to the extension agent office here.

@Raoul Duke MU @-CarlHungus-

i screwed up years ago and had them test the soil in my yard. they told me what to do and i followed their direction one fall. the next year i was mowing approx 2 acres three to four times every two weeks. didn't take long to put up a fence on each side closer to the house and turn the part fenced out into pasture, limiting the mowing to around an acre, maybe a bit more. that was just before i added onto my 15,000 sqft deck.

3 years ago after wearing out my 2nd riding mower, i was about to go buy another and was talking to a guy that contracts mowing services. i was looking at either one of the larger john deere lawn tractors (pto with various attachments) or a larger zero turn. one of them was going to cost me somewhere between $7K & $10K. i opted to hire him to mow for $35 per cutting; figured i could pay him several years for what i was going to spend on a mower. he raised it to $45 per cutting last year, then he pawned it off to another mowing contractor for this year and i'm paying him $50/cutting.

i'm hiring a landscaper in the spring (since @greengeezer doesn't seem interested) to get everything in order after the various construction projects i've done over the past two years and will have everything setup so that no trimming is required. told the new guy yesterday i was thinking about buying a new tractor and doing it myself, and in the same moment it hit me why i didn't 3 years ago. so, told him scratch that, make sure i'm on the schedule for next year, it'll be easier with no trimming required.

moral of the story: i'd rather drink beer and watch someone mow my grass than drink beer and mow it myself.

We just have raised beds, so we have so little we can buy good topsoil and fertilized soil to fill it in, so haven't had to have the soil tested. We'rea small operation here :)

I have a small yard (about 3/4 acre at best) and I really love to mow it. I just push mow it with an electric mower.

What I don't like is landscaping and pulling weeds. I would gladly pay someone but my wife likes that and she loves to grow flowers and use them at her part time job. so she handles all the land scaping/flower beds.

I do pay some guys once a year to mulch and thoroughly weed, but she goes out there and marks where her bulbs are, etc so they don't dig those up.

===

As an aside, we have been looking (a little bi tmore) seriously at land. I want forest with mountain views +/- and existing small house on it and minimal meadow/flat land. The wife wants some flat parts for crops and fruit trees. We looked at some properties in western NC (there are some really cool apple orchards there) but haven't taken a really serious look yet to the point of making an offer.

Last edited:
Haha, I love weeding. It is so satisfying.
you apparently wasn't made to do it as a child. our asses was in the garden once a week pulling weeds. i'd rather take my chances at carrying a 5 gallon open bucket of gasoline through hell than pull weeds.

on the flip side, once i get through the construction and landscaping, i'm considering putting out a garden. might make weeding a bit easier to deal with as i'll take pride in growing one.

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I just play garden. Usually give anything I grow to neighbors. Biggest problem with gardening and landscaping here is the the deer. I have tried everything to get rid of them.

The garden area has 6’ fence, but that is impractical for my whole yard. Just this week the devils ate a $300 hydrangea tree I planted. It was supposed to be deer resistant, but it didn’t resist very hard.

I just play garden. Usually give anything I grow to neighbors. Biggest problem with gardening and landscaping here is the the deer. I have tried everything to get rid of them.

The garden area has 6’ fence, but that is impractical for my whole yard. Just this week the devils ate a $300 hydrangea tree I planted. It was supposed to be deer resistant, but it didn’t resist very hard.

That is beautiful!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT