ADVERTISEMENT

another win for the 2A crowd

WV-FAN

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 12, 2007

In his 71-page ruling, Payne wrote that many of the rights and responsibilities of citizenship are granted at the age of 18, including the right to vote, enlist in the military without parental permission and serve on a federal jury.

“If the Court were to exclude 18-to-20-year-olds from the Second Amendment's protection, it would impose limitations on the Second Amendment that do not exist with other constitutional guarantees,” Payne wrote.

“Because the statutes and regulations in question are not consistent with our Nation’s history and tradition, they, therefore, cannot stand," he wrote.

let the liberal tears begin continue.

While I agree with this, I would also argue 18 year olds should be able to buy booze and weed. Just understand that more 18-20 year olds will shoot people and wrap their cars around trees....Taco Bell might make more money though.
I had my concealed weapon permit in WV while i was still in highschool when you could get it at 18. I didn’t carry it at school cause I’m not an idiot but I still had it at that age. I think they changed the law in 2000 to 21. Booze we still had to rely on black market means in those days. I didn’t smoke the ganja so didn’t have to worry about that but it was easily had if one desired to.

I had my concealed weapon permit in WV while i was still in highschool when you could get it at 18. I didn’t carry it at school cause I’m not an idiot but I still had it at that age. I think they changed the law in 2000 to 21. Booze we still had to rely on black market means in those days. I didn’t smoke the ganja so didn’t have to worry about that but it was easily had if one desired to.

But you were bragging about how you keestered bottles of Bud Light® every morning to school. And how always you hid the evidence by keestering the empty bottle the rest of the day, after you drank it just before homeroom bell?

They changed the drinking law to 21 in the early 80s. I remember, because they gradually raised it year by year, to grand father in punks like myself that were impacted by the change. FWIW, I predominately drank Stroh's, mixed on occasion with whatever else was in whoever's f'ing cooler.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
But you were bragging about how you keestered bottles of Bud Light® every morning to school. And how always you hid the evidence by keestering the empty bottle the rest of the day, after you drank it just before homeroom bell?
It was like one of those beer helmets only inserted rectally

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT