ADVERTISEMENT

any news on tyre brady

He was on the field holding his ribs after a hit. I don't have any inside info, but if it is a rib issue he could be back next week, or out a week or three, depending on the severity. Hopefully it's just a bruise and he can deal with the pain. I only missed one college football game as a D3 RB - for bruised ribs that wouldn't stop spasming. Hurt to breathe.

You should know by now that we lowly fans aren't privy to top level information like injury reports.

I still fail to understand why fans believe the staff owes them explanations in regards to injuries and/or dismissals.

Reactions: ToesMU
I still fail to understand why fans believe the staff owes them explanations in regards to injuries and/or dismissals.
perhaps it's due to keeping fans updated in regards to players they cheer for week after week after week? Did you notice that many other teams announced injuries to players? Keeping fans in the dark is not good for the program. Fans will turn on the program, which many have already done. You cannot continue to snub your nose at the fans, and then turn around and ask them to support you. It simply doesn't work that way.

perhaps it's due to keeping fans updated in regards to players they cheer for week after week after week? Did you notice that many other teams announced injuries to players? Keeping fans in the dark is not good for the program. Fans will turn on the program, which many have already done. You cannot continue to snub your nose at the fans, and then turn around and ask them to support you. It simply doesn't work that way.

Yes, but they also need to understand that by holding information of that nature it gives them an edge in gameplanning. Opposing coaches won't know what to expect.

Comments like this are what makes Chris' decision to let you interact with the fans on this site puzzling. You have the same pompous attitude as the athletic department and the previous site owner.

Here's some reasons:

The fans provide the majority of the funds to have athletics at Marshall University. This includes the cost of scholarships for these players and the salaries of the staff. They are never bashful about begging, or forceably requiring, ever more money from the fans.

Many fans have a vested interest in the kids that play, not just because they hope they're available for action, but also because they don't want them to be seriously injured. They worry about them.

We have been told repeated by the head coach, from the speech he gave the day he took the job to comments in the paper this summer, that the program doesn't belong to him, it belongs to the fans. We were here long before him and we will be here long after he's gone. In college football only two things are constant, the name on the front of the jersey and the fans. Everything else comes and goes.

No one expects to be handed a kid's medical chart, but comments letting fans know if a kid is going to be okay, is wait and see, or will most likely be out are not too much to expect.

Comments like this are what makes Chris' decision to let you interact with the fans on this site puzzling. You have the same pompous attitude as the athletic department and the previous site owner.

Here's some reasons:

The fans provide the majority of the funds to have athletics at Marshall University. This includes the cost of scholarships for these players and the salaries of the staff. They are never bashful about begging, or forceably requiring, ever more money from the fans.

Many fans have a vested interest in the kids that play, not just because they hope they're available for action, but also because they don't want them to be seriously injured. They worry about them.

We have been told repeated by the head coach, from the speech he gave the day he took the job to comments in the paper this summer, that the program doesn't belong to him, it belongs to the fans. We were here long before him and we will be here long after he's gone. In college football only two things are constant, the name on the front of the jersey and the fans. Everything else comes and goes.

No one expects to be handed a kid's medical chart, but comments letting fans know if a kid is going to be okay, is wait and see, or will most likely be out are not too much to expect.

And like I later stated, by holding information of that nature, it gives us an advantage.

I'm no legal expert by any means but I do believe there are laws pertaining to releasing specific information on someones medical condition. My daughter works in health care and one of the conditions of her employment is that she doesn't divulge any information to the public about the condition of any of her patients.

Reactions: Josh Stowers
it is for the players protection.

if the opposing team knows a players injury they can go
after the injury during a game. a bad ankle - twist it on a
tackle or in a pile up, bad ribs - put a helmet on it.

I just thought some student that has a class with him
might know something.

Keep him out of NC State game and get him healthy for Kent, and more importantly Cincy.

Here's some reasons:

Not to mention it insulates them from any outside judgement In regards to decision making.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
it is for the players protection.

if the opposing team knows a players injury they can go
after the injury during a game. a bad ankle - twist it on a
tackle or in a pile up, bad ribs - put a helmet on it.

I just thought some student that has a class with him
might know something.

You're missing his point. He's not asking to disclosure the nature of the injury.

I'm no legal expert by any means but I do believe there are laws pertaining to releasing specific information on someones medical condition. My daughter works in health care and one of the conditions of her employment is that she doesn't divulge any information to the public about the condition of any of her patients.

You are referring to HIPPA. This only applies if someone involved in his health care shares his personal medical history without his consent. If he (or any patient for that matter) gives consent, there is no issue.

In theory, this only applies to healthcare workers involved in his care, not football coaches, or the average fan, because it should never leak to any outside source without the patient's consent.

Yes, but they also need to understand that by holding information of that nature it gives them an edge in gameplanning. Opposing coaches won't know what to expect.
give me a break. opposing coaches know exactly what to expect almost every single play.. holding out info only disses our fans

Reactions: Elkview
give me a break. opposing coaches know exactly what to expect almost every single play.. holding out info only disses our fans

Let me ask you a question then. If you were coaching, would you want to let opposing coaches know which players to game plan for?

By now, most coaches, especially those in CUSA, have Legg's one and a half page playbook memorized, I'm sure!!

Reactions: Elkview
I'm not talking about forming a game plan against Marshall's scheme. I'm talking about forming a game plan against individual players.

For instance, if you don't think opposing coaches identify Ryan Yurachek on a weekly basis as a player they need to plan against, then you're sorely wrong.

Anyone heard what the injury was to the Maryland player that was carted off the field the other day?

The whole advantage thing is just a straw man. You always game plan for an opposing team's best players to be on the field. As in your example of Yurachek, if you are an opposing coach and hear that he likely won't play, what are you going to do, plan on putting your worst cover LB on the TE and gameplan all safety help somewhere else? Of course not, because if he does play then you had a bad week of prep.

Maybe you believe what you are told, but you should think a little more critically.

Here's a question you can answer that's not confidential.

Since we have the advantage of taking unlimited props, have a head coach who is a super recruiter, and have the advantage of holding all info concerning the program so close to the vest, how have we managed only one conference championship in seven years and only managed 3 wins last year? I mean, we have so many advantages, it's puzzling.

Since we have the advantage of taking unlimited props, have a head coach who is a super recruiter, and have the advantage of holding all info concerning the program so close to the vest, how have we managed only one conference championship in seven years and only managed 3 wins last year? I mean, we have so many advantages, it's puzzling.

Stuff happens. Ask Mark Dantonio (Michigan State) or Mark Helfrich (Oregon) what happened to them last season.

actually, I was o.k. with first half...we needed to execute better on a couple of things. Didn't care for the late game offensive plan butt that may be as much Doc as Legg. I just wish Legg would coach him to keep it a few times on the read option..we just have to do that if we are going to run this O.

Reactions: Josh Stowers
Stuff happens. Ask Mark Dantonio (Michigan State) or Mark Helfrich (Oregon) what happened to them last season.

That only addresses one aspect of my comment and sounds eerily similar to the Kayo Marcum style defense of Mark Snyder. You going to start carry around a list of coaches who had a bad season the way Marcum carried around Frank Beamer's career record?

Reactions: ThunderCat98
That only addresses one aspect of my comment and sounds eerily similar to the Kayo Marcum style defense of Mark Snyder. You going to start carry around a list of coaches who had a bad season the way Marcum carried around Frank Beamer's career record?

I don't need to. There are teams and coaches that have down years, every year.

Nick Saban comments on players injuries following Florida State game

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/09/nick_saban_provides_updates_on_2.html

Now Nick Saban can provide comments and updates but Doc Holliday can't. Maybe Nick could win a few more games if he would follow Doc's super secrecy.

Give me a break.

How is that any different than what Doc did/does?

He commented on Brady in the post-game and he usually gives the same type of "coach speak" answer to the media that Saban gave to the Alabama media there.

I dunno, ask Oregon, Michigan State, or Notre Dame...they had the same problem last year, and dare I say, have several advantages over other schools/programs.

You are referring to HIPPA. This only applies if someone involved in his health care shares his personal medical history without his consent. If he (or any patient for that matter) gives consent, there is no issue.

In theory, this only applies to healthcare workers involved in his care, not football coaches, or the average fan, because it should never leak to any outside source without the patient's consent.

Didn't ole Chuck Landon absolutely screw this process up when he attempted to break open reporting on Devon Johnson's injury? He even botched it by labeling the injury a name that doesn't even exist? He then tried to stir up controversy from it as well?

I actually wouldn't be shocked if, because of idiot Landon, that the coaches are more reserved when discussing injuries than normal.

A Maryland spokesman said he was moving and alert in the hospital.
That's not what I asked. More than likely everyone that's injured will be fine. The point of my question was to show that we aren't the only team that doesn't release injury info

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT