ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody Want to Talk Football?

HerdFan73

Platinum Buffalo
Jul 4, 2008
I'm sick of talking about attendance, and past wins/losses, bothersome poster drama. Believe me i participate in all of that, but does anybody want to talk about the actual game tomorrow?

MU Total Offense – 57th @ 434 YPG

Scoring Offense- 60th @ 32 PPG

MU Total Defense – 68th @ 377.3 YPG allowed

Scoring Defense- 41st @ 20.7 PPG allowed

Cincy Total Offense – 95th @ 370 YPG

Scoring Offense- 117th @ 19.7 PPG

Cincy Total Defense – 34 th @ 311 YPG allowed

Scoring Defense – 53rd @ 23.00 PPG allowed

Looks to me on the surface we have a very average to slightly above average football team so far offensively and defensively. Cincy looks to have a very poor offense, but a solid defense. Based on that and being at home, i'd probably give us an edge. But, when you look at SOS, sagarin thinks the Bearcats have played a much tougher schedule than us:

Sagarin SOS

MU- 87
Cincy - 29

So when you factor that in, on paper Cincinnati does appear to have the edge and the betting lines are reflecting that a bit.

However, defensively where we've struggled is against running/scrambling QB's (boise, Ohio), and power running game (Ohio). And on third downs. Cincinatti doesn't appear to have that power running game, averaging less than 4 YPC and their QB only has about 40 yds rushing on the season.

Also, we're 109th in 3rd down defense, and Cincinatti is 98th in 3rd down offense which seems to help mitigate our weakness there.

Offensively, i REALLY like where we're going with the Xavier Gaines package. If we keep that up, Gaines actually catches the ball when he has the opportunity, and we get a health Knox (the Knox from Boise and the first half of OU), i think we have a great chance to take this game down. And really SHOULD take this game down. We OWNED them 2 years ago in their house, they havent advanced that far past us in that time.

I'd love to go deeper, but i took time out of work to try and get the ball rolling on some football talk in the hopes you guys will give me something actually interesting to read later ;) .

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News