ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone on here besides me trade options?

johns1124

Gold Buffalo
Aug 13, 2004
Looking for options on good symbols.

The last two that's worked out for me were:

BLDP - Ballard Power
LAZR - Luminar Tech.

Looking for options on good symbols.

The last two that's worked out for me were:

BLDP - Ballard Power
LAZR - Luminar Tech.

Hey, Stephens. I was in Newport Beach for the day. I came over to say hi, but your sidewalk stopped in the middle of your yard, so I wasn’t able to make it to your front door.

Hey, Stephens. I was in Newport Beach for the day. I came over to say hi, but your sidewalk stopped in the middle of your yard, so I wasn’t able to make it to your front door.

Not sure what you are talking about. What are you doing in Newport? Looking for an upgrade from the public housing you are living in inner-city Utah?

Image3.jpg

Let's see you have a bike rack in front of your pad, a wall that has not been painted in years, 10-year-old gum stuck to the walkway, cast-in-place concrete walls; this screams Section 8 to me. I'm sure if the camera would have panned over you would have seen the bus stop.

A big jump from inner-city SLC to Newport.

Think concentric zoning.

Last edited:
Let's see you have a bike rack in front of your pad, a wall that has not been painted in years, 10-year-old gum stuck to the walkway, cast-in-place concrete walls; this screams Section 8 to me. I'm sure if the camera would have panned over you would have seen the bus stop.
Have you ever ventured outside of the sticks or 'burbs? Downtown living in just about every good-sized city is the most expensive real estate in the region. Properties downtown almost always have a significant urban element to them in regards to their structure and features. That includes significant concrete, glass, steel, and brick, all elements these townhouses have.

"Painting concrete" takes aways the selected aesthetic - the urban appearance. A new merchant faced many complaints from our owners due to a sign they erected outside of their business because it took away that appeal. They were forced to change the sign.

Bike rack? Uhh, yeah. That's a good thing. Again, have you ever been to a city? There are a plethora of high-end merchants and restaurants directly next to, across, and behind these townhouses. Having a city with such an extensive biking population and paths allows people to be active and pedal to their activities. Want to compare that to having to drive to an hour for every errand in LA?

Are you trying to use cast-in-wall as a negative? These buildings are highly rated against earthquakes, which cast-in-wall also helps promote. It's why a significant earthquake last year only resulting in damage to the tile in a bathroom. The other alternative (block walls) is cheaper than cast-in-wall. Your attempt makes no sense. But since you mentioned concrete, what concrete was used for the sidewalk that stops in the middle of your hard? Did you run out?

As I said before, these places range from $650K - over $1 million. They look nothing like what you'd expect section 8 housing to look like. Section 8 housing doesn't have 30' ceilings, private rooftops.

What are you doing in Newport? Looking for an upgrade from the public housing you are living in inner-city Utah?

A $750 million company flew me out Friday morning for the day to meet with their COO and CFO. The COO had an unexpected medical issue that morning, so I only spent the day with the CFO and some senior VPs. Their final questions were "what will it take for us to get you here" and "would you have a preference of working out of this office or our [state where other major office is located] office"? They also have a major office in another state, but they'd prefer me at one of the two other major locations. They want to fly me back next Sunday night so I can spend the evening and next day with the CEO and COO. I'll let you know exactly what day I'm there to see if you can extend the sidewalk that ends in the middle of your yard with some plywood or something so I don't have to walk through the grass. They currently have a sales team of about 105 outside and inside reps along with eight regional sales managers and a VP of Sales. They recently demoted their Senior VP of Sales and want me to come in and build the team up to 150 outside and inside reps and add another five to six regional managers all within one year. I think their structure is a bit of a mess, and I told them that,

It was a long day. On Wednesday, I was flown out to Baltimore and then driven an hour north to Pennsylvania to meet with an investor of a company that has put me through a long hiring process as their CEO. That particular investor is a serial entrepreneur. He currently has five companies. I was brought up there for two days so he could put in his vote for or against me as CEO, but there was an unexpected turn. The company they had been recruiting me for as CEO was very small: just over $2 million in revenue, 11 employees, and they ended up $300K in the red last year (when I met with their current CEO/founder and two other investors last week in Colorado Springs, after hearing that they lost $300K last year, I made the joke that they had a hobby and not really a business. The joke didn't go over well). On the second day in Pennsylvania, he and his CFO asked if my partners and I would be open to them buying our company. I told him that one partner wants to hold out until we hit $50 million before entertaining offers while the other two want to hold out until we hit $100 million. We are significantly away from both of those numbers, so I didn't think my partners would be receptive to offers at this point. That led them to asking me if they were to dump $1 million to start it up, would I be open to replicating what I have done the last couple of years with my company. In other words, they want me to build the exact same company along the east coast that I have done the past two years in the Mountain West region, then, at the same time, lead the entire inside and outside sales teams for four of his other five companies. I told him that I could do it for half of his $1 million offer and that it would be profitable within six months.

He was supposed to have an offer for me by COB yesterday, but I haven't received it yet. Before being taken to the airport, he claimed that his desire is to fund it and then have me run wild with it, then pass all of the companies down to somebody like me so he can retire years from now.

When I went through their books, one company was doing $25 million annually, two others were around $5 million each, another was barely breaking even, and the fifth had just started. He'd rather buy companies and improve them instead of starting them, but he believes the difficulties of starting a copy of a company I had just built would be much easier than starting something new.

A local sports company that has been around for 30 years has requested to talk to me Tuesday. A competitor of my company which has been around 15 years and has a national presence also requested to talk to me Tuesday. It's amazing how floodgates open when just one person hears of my openness to other opportunities.

I know that you're old, but I hope that you get to experience feeling desperately wanted by multiple entities at least once in your life before it expires.

I flew back from Baltimore Thursday night, landed in SLC around 2 am, then had an 8 am flight to Orange County to meet with the executive team at the Newport Beach company. I'll see if my HOA has an additional bags of concrete mix, and I will bring some out with me so you can finish that sidewalk if you'd like.

Oh, and to answer your question, I just bought $35K of Bitcoin. I'm probably going to put another $15K in today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT