ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone use the Walmart app for pickup shopping?

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
I have to go to Walmart about once a week for supplies I use in my business. It’s really a pain in the tail with time consumption and waiting in long lines because four out of thirty-two registers are all that’s open. So my wife and I downloaded the Walmart app and bought my entire list of supplies in about five minutes while sitting on the couch at home. We scheduled a pick up time for the next day. They send you both a text and an email when the orders ready and all you have to do is touch a link while you’re on the way and it sends your gps coordinates to them and automatically calculates how far away you are and estimates your arrival. You pull into a row of 12 pickup spaces behind the store and they bring out your entire order and load it for you in youth vehicle. It took me literally 3 minutes to complete what normally takes a half hour. I tried to tip the kid who loaded my order and he wouldn’t/couldn’t accept it. This is really convenient. I might start doing this for personal shopping as well.

Yeah but you don’t have to drive to walmart

True...but I guess I’m still basking in the euphoria of actually not having to step foot in the place. I’m not a big fan of having to go there myself. But this was really easy.

We do Kroger clicklist which is essentially the same thing minus gps tracking which I find a little creepy. It works pretty well, except occasionally they don’t have a specific item and have to exchange for something else.

ADVERTISEMENT