ADVERTISEMENT

Apple helping Make Things Great Again

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
JUST IN: Apple said it will create 20,000 new jobs and establish a new U.S.-based campus as part of $350 billion in new "direct contribution" to the economy. Apple's announcement came weeks after the passage of a GOP tax bill that slashed the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%.

the sun rose this morning, and herdman put on clean underwear -
and all because republicans took money from hard working middle
class americans - the people who make America great - and gave
their money to republican billionaire campaign contributors.

dherd, in your own words, can you tell me how a hard working middle class American got his money taken? Here, tell me how a hard working man or woman, making $27.50 an hour, got his/her money taken.

JUST IN: Apple said it will create 20,000 new jobs and establish a new U.S.-based campus as part of $350 billion in new "direct contribution" to the economy. Apple's announcement came weeks after the passage of a GOP tax bill that slashed the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%.

Greed takes the plunge.
headinsand_getty_crop_nov_2014_0.png

Remember Steve Jobs told Obama those jobs are not coming back.

Well, they are now

Good job Mr President, Donald J Trump and thank you Apple

We all win.

Reactions: ohio herd
Don't forget Apple is also awarding a $2500 worth of restricted stock units. How will Nancy "crumbs" Pelosi spin this one?

What jobs are coming back from overseas?

Well, for starters they're building a second US campus and hiring 20,000 people. That site may have been built in Asia or Europe if the former tax structure had remained the same. Of course, you're so stubborn and ideological that no evidence that the tax cuts are helping America will change your mind. Just continue to wallow in your miserable existence while America is being made great again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-apple-second-campus-20180117-story.html

Much of the money being talked about by Apple reflects their CURRENT spending. They've promised to hire 20,000 over a 5 year span. Over the last several years they've been hiring about 3700 per year, so that amounts to an extra 300 employees per year over a 5 year period. And the repatriation tax is what , 12%. It's a steal for the corporations. They'll use most of it to buy back stock I suspect, just like Bush's great repatriation experiment. That deal COST the federal government money.

Well, for starters they're building a second US campus and hiring 20,000 people. That site may have been built in Asia or Europe if the former tax structure had remained the same. Of course, you're so stubborn and ideological that no evidence that the tax cuts are helping America will change your mind. Just continue to wallow in your miserable existence while America is being made great again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-apple-second-campus-20180117-story.html

Much of the money being talked about by Apple reflects their CURRENT spending. They've promised to hire 20,000 over a 5 year span. Over the last several years they've been hiring about 3700 per year, so that amounts to an extra 300 employees per year over a 5 year period.

You know what's funny? This is exactly what Trump said would happen, and it is happening right before our eyes. And liberals are losing their minds over it, trying any way they can to diminish, rationalize another reason why, or simply deny that this tax bill is having an immediate, positive, and huge impact on our country.

Every argument you make is proven wrong. What bullets do you have left in the holster, libs? Oh I forgot, you don't believe in gun rights either. Arguing over Trump's weight is all you have left.

You know what's funny? This is exactly what Trump said would happen, and it is happening right before our eyes. And liberals are losing their minds over it, trying any way they can to diminish, rationalize another reason why, or simply deny that this tax bill is having an immediate, positive, and huge impact on our country.

Every argument you make is proven wrong. What bullets do you have left in the holster, libs? Oh I forgot, you don't believe in gun rights either. Arguing over Trump's weight is all you have left.

You are not able or are unwilling to see through that tax cut fog in front of your eyes. We've told you before these press releases are PR stunts. Apple itself has stated that it's pretty much a report of CURRENT spending. I've told you that 20,000 jobs they've promised over 5 years is only slightly more than what they've been hiring on average the last few years. Apple is counting on people like you reading more into it than what's there. They've succeeded with every con on the board who's mentioned it so far. All you have to do is read the article murox linked. If you would do that you'd read this:

"But most of the $350 billion reflects money that Apple planned to spend with its suppliers and manufacturers in the U.S. anyway, even if corporate taxes had remained at the old 35 percent rate."

Greed, just keep it simple and stick with your usual arguments.

In the case of Apple, either 1)they were planning to do this already when Obama was in office or 2)it's just a publicity/marketing stunt

i've already switched from chevrolet to chrysler. guess i'm going to have to do away with windows and android products and move on over to apple.

Greed, just keep it simple and stick with your usual arguments.

In the case of Apple, either 1)they were planning to do this already when Obama was in office or 2)it's just a publicity/marketing stunt
don't forget he will credit the move to add 20,000 jobs to some policy of Obama. LOL , you can'y make this stuff up!

Last edited:
Reactions: mlblack16.
let me know how that works out for you.
i'm fvcking with bucky. still have my silverado and plan to put another 140K on it. ;) on the flip side, i do have a friend that just bought an '18 dodge 1/2 ton and loves it. selling his '12 silverdo.

and, no way in hell i'm switching to anything apple. those products won't work for me in my position nor in my side practice. and, i'm too stubborn to switch from android to apple after telling all my friends and family that apple phones are for old people, kids, women, and retards.

i'm fvcking with bucky. still have my silverado and plan to put another 140K on it. ;) on the flip side, i do have a friend that just bought an '18 dodge 1/2 ton and loves it. selling his '12 silverdo.

and, no way in hell i'm switching to anything apple. those products won't work for me in my position nor in my side practice. and, i'm too stubborn to switch from android to apple after telling all my friends and family that apple phones are for old people, kids, women, and retards.

Rams and Jeeps are pretty good. FCA cars scare the crap out of me. I wouldn't mind driving a Charger, but my cop friends all tell me they are garbage.

Much of the money being talked about by Apple reflects their CURRENT spending. They've promised to hire 20,000 over a 5 year span. Over the last several years they've been hiring about 3700 per year, so that amounts to an extra 300 employees per year over a 5 year period.

Even using your math, that's a net gain of 1500 jobs. Only in your world (and dtard's, i suppose) is job creation and paying less taxes a bad thing.

Even using your math, that's a net gain of 1500 jobs. Only in your world (and dtard's, i suppose) is job creation and paying less taxes a bad thing.

No where that I've read did apple state they are hiring more people than they would have without the tax break. Furthermore you can't count it as job creation until those numbers ACTUALLY happen. Only in the con world does paying over a trillion dollars in tax cuts for nonexistent jobs make sense.
6th place in 6 years.

Greed is in the thread where he says companies are handing out bonuses as a PR move because most Americans are against tax cuts.

Liberals, especially younger ones, loved Apple when they were known for child labor, Irish tax maneuvering, their overly-expensive products, and a reputation for skimping on philanthropy. But now, because there's positive news during the Trump administration, libs are shitting on them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT