ADVERTISEMENT

Are any of you persuaded by celebrities or athletes?

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
When people like Lebron, Jennifer Anniston, rifle, George Clooney, and Cher tell you how to think and how to vote, do any of you listen to them? I know I don't. Normally, I would even take the exact opposite approach as to what they're whimpering about.

Watch this video, if you have 17 minutes to spare.

Damn, I don't Know LeBron so can't say he is a racist. But do agree about 2 things that was said.

1. Many of the celebrities recently discussing police are mostly wrong. Are there police that don't need to be police, YES, but is not a high percentage. Do some number of police hide those issues, I would guess yes. There does need to be better accountability with police departments but burning down is not the answer. Involve the communities - the real people who live in those communities to find out what they want and involve them in the solution to fix the problems. Including figuring out how to dump those who should not be a police officer as quickly as possible.

2. Gang violence in black communities is a much bigger problem than police problems. If what Jason said is true of 300 black people killed by police each year nationwide is accurate, there have been more killed in black communities just in Chicago this year.

If celebrities want to truly help, involve themselves in their communities to help fix both of the above issues. If all you do is talk and complain you are part of the problem. Offer help, offer your voice in proactively discussing the problems and how to work to solve them.

^^^^Yore thoughtful, reasoned, and objective post says you have no idea how things work around here. To paraphrase Silent Sam “maybe Pullman Square is not for you”.

I’m in awe of the Hollywood elite. I mean...how can they even find time for politics while they’re knee deep in a child sex trafficking?

• Haha
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
I try to do the opposite of what hollyweird, pro athletes, and the msm say and (1) it generally means I'm at least intellectually honest, and (2) tends to work out pretty well for me.

I’m in awe of the Hollywood elite. I mean...how can they even find time for politics while they’re knee deep in a child sex trafficking?
You've made a comment on this board before implying there's not actually well-connected child-sex rings. You don't honestly belive that, do you?

Reactions: ohio herd
you doubt there are those not involved in it? My neighbor is a former actress, was an actor in Hollywood, made it somewhat big at a young age but then got out of acting . National show, a soap opera. She says it is rampant and if people only knew. I think Weinstein thing was the tip of the ice burg. Who was that guy, Corey Fieldman, said he was abused as a child actor all the time. They have covered that shit up for years out there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT