ADVERTISEMENT

Athlon Sports Updated Preseason Bowl Projections

Athlon must not think much of our squad this year... The New Orleans Bowl vs. a Sun Belt team that is already on our future schedules would not exactly be a dream scenario.

My goodness. You've got to be absolutely desperate for some college football to watch some of these match-ups. FAU vs. Northern Illinois; SMU vs. Army; UAB vs. Fresno State; USF vs. Georgia Southern; Tulane vs. Ohio; Western Michigan vs. Troy; Cincinnati vs. FIU. I'm not one of these people who say there are too many bowl games, because, if these games can't make money from TV, they would not even be played. Better than nothing. But really, I can't see anyone, other than the fans of these teams, or people that can't find anything else better to watch, that could get interested in these bowl games.

It's too early for these sort of predictions.

giphy.gif

But it apparently is a dream scenario by many who would want Appy State to be in the same conference?
Both Marshall fans and Appy State fans might find a game played with each other to be interesting. And people across America who are just looking for some football to watch might tune in. And that is why there are so many bowl games. If people didn't watch such games on TV, these games would not be played. If these games can generate some profit from the broadcast, the game will be on TV. But, unless your team was involved, or, if you had nothing else to do but watch any college football game on TV, I don't see how you could tune in to any of these games. Unfortunately, this is, to a certain extent, what has happened to the Bowl game teams that are not involved in the 4 team playoff. So, you are in a bowl game, an access bowl vs. a power five team. No one even cares anymore about such a match-up. The two playoff games and the one championship game are all that 95% of college football fans care about anymore. Let's say, Marshall wins CUSA and then wins the Peach Bowl verses an ACC team. Result? No one cares. Perhaps a top 10 ranking.

My goodness. You've got to be absolutely desperate for some college football to watch some of these match-ups. FAU vs. Northern Illinois; SMU vs. Army; UAB vs. Fresno State; USF vs. Georgia Southern; Tulane vs. Ohio; Western Michigan vs. Troy; Cincinnati vs. FIU. I'm not one of these people who say there are too many bowl games, because, if these games can't make money from TV, they would not even be played. Better than nothing. But really, I can't see anyone, other than the fans of these teams, or people that can't find anything else better to watch, that could get interested in these bowl games.

Uh oh, Sam is going to tell you MU sports aren’t for you. :)))

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
So the herd could make the Peach bowl and no one would care? Seriously? I personally like watching all the bowl games. You get to see good teams from conferences that you may not get to see during the season. Plus, it’s the last college football of the year, and people are going to drink it up.

Reactions: CarolinaZilla69
There's a new bowl game...the Exasperation Bowl, featuring the two worst teams in the country to see who really IS the worst team...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT