ADVERTISEMENT

AW Hamilton picks up another...

Looks like EKUs AW Hamilton picked up a JC super star which was rated a 4 star out of high school. 6'5" point guard Taelon Martin. I don't see DD doing this. He needs to drop the hillbilly ball crap and get some serious recruiting done!
I agree somewhat, but EKU isn’t the comparison to make. They also took a couple of Marshall players and are one of the few teams we beat last season.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
I agree somewhat, but EKU isn’t the comparison to make. They also took a couple of Marshall players and are one of the few teams we beat last season.
I agree as well and understand where AW is going to get some scoring punch. DD not so much.

I wonder if AW Hamilton is considered a candidate to fill the upcoming coaching vacancy.

to me...the writing has been on the wall for Corny to take over..factor in Tamar Slay now..id say thats our next coahing staff
If that’s true, I would be incredibly disappointed. I appreciate them being MU guys but we have got to get a better coach. Sorry.

to me...the writing has been on the wall for Corny to take over..factor in Tamar Slay now..id say thats our next coahing staff
Not calling him out but Horsman is obviously a huge Dan fan and that’s fine. But he/she has to realize MU needs more than Corny or Tamar. Unless we just want to be average or below. I doubt Smith ot Spears want that.

Reactions: bbneutralfan
Once again, there is no upcoming coaching vacancy. It has been announced that DD and CS are working on a "series of contracts". DD will be here as long as he wants to be. Agreeing to this was the price CS paid for the job. When DD decides to leave, he will be replaced by one of his staff.

This is a token effort.

Once again, there is no upcoming coaching vacancy. It has been announced that DD and CS are working on a "series of contracts". DD will be here as long as he wants to be. Agreeing to this was the price CS paid for the job. When DD decides to leave, he will be replaced by one of his staff.

This is a token effort.
Sorry, post on another site seems to indicate that 2022-23 will be Danny's last. Wants to go out on his on and atone for this past season. More of the same, a career winning % of about 53, just above .500 is not going to do anything but lose more and more fans, lower game attendance, and certainly won't be tolerated by BOTH our new AD and President!!

Sorry, post on another site seems to indicate that 2022-23 will be Danny's last.

NIce. A post on another site certainly trumps the STATEMENT from the AD. The AD said that he and DD were working on a “series of contracts”. But, heck, some poster on another site knows more about it than the AD.
Wants to go out on his on and atone for this past season.
Everyone wants a do-over on some aspect of their life. Problem is that, like most people, DD is simply not capable of doing better, no matter how many chances he is given.
More of the same, a career winning % of about 53, just above .500 is not going to do anything but lose more and more fans, lower game attendance, and certainly won't be tolerated by BOTH our new AD and President!!
Well, they both did, when they resigned DD and publicly announced they would be working on a “series of contracts” with him. CS understands that toleration of DD, for as long as DD wants, was the price he had to pay to get a mid-major AD job; BS has 1000 other things to worry about beside sports. Both thus accept mediocrity.

I don't follow EKU basketball, so really don't know how good (or bad) A.W. Hamilton is as a basketball coach, but if he's a decent coach, one would have to think moving to Marshall would be viewed by an up & comer as a step down, seeing as Marshall hasn't provided any reason for wanting to significantly perform at a much higher level. If there's a good coach out there for the hiring, it will be a tough 'sell' to get him onboard, knowing the program is simply putting forth a token effort.

I don't follow EKU basketball, so really don't know how good (or bad) A.W. Hamilton is as a basketball coach, but if he's a decent coach, one would have to think moving to Marshall would be viewed by an up & comer as a step down, seeing as Marshall hasn't provided any reason for wanting to significantly perform at a much higher level. If there's a good coach out there for the hiring, it will be a tough 'sell' to get him onboard, knowing the program is simply putting forth a token effort.
Maybe that's been the case in the past. Everyone knows MH was all about football; knowing his history I guess that was to be expected. I would find it hard to believe Smith and Spears are of that same mindset. I think they both see the value in a good basketball program - at least I hope they would. Keeping DD for another year gives them time to formulate an exit plan for DD, get a list of potential coaches together and plan for the future. jmo

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Well, they both did, when they resigned DD and publicly announced they would be working on a “series of contracts” with him. CS understands that toleration of DD, for as long as DD wants, was the price he had to pay to get a mid-major AD job; BS has 1000 other things to worry about beside sports. Both thus accept mediocrity.
I might suggest you make a token effort and actually watch/listen to AD Spears quotes on the series of one year contracts. You might find it beneficial to the statement you keep making isn't exactly the words that he used. To summarize, he wants results. If results are not met, then there will not be another one year contract. What are the results, IDK, but I trust our new AD until proven otherwise.

So a “series of contracts” is not really a series of contracts and CS wants “results”, but not next year, but boy, after that it all comes to tall.

I get the blind faith. Really, I do. Everybody wants the new AD to be this savior and correct all of the problems, from DD to dirty restrooms to whatever else people find to bitch about.

Reality?

CS signed DD and announced that he would be working with him on a series of contracts. Long into the future.

CS has made NO statement about DD’s historically bad performance. Therefore we must assume that is is acceptable.

This is a token effort. They don’t care.

Maybe that's been the case in the past. Everyone knows MH was all about football; knowing his history I guess that was to be expected. I would find it hard to believe Smith and Spears are of that same mindset. I think they both see the value in a good basketball program - at least I hope they would. Keeping DD for another year gives them time to formulate an exit plan for DD, get a list of potential coaches together and plan for the future. jmo
Let’s hope

Let’s hope
I have to believe Dan is gone unless he produces an NCAA appearance with the 22-23 edition of Herd hoops. I give that no chance whatsoever of occurring, better chance we finish sub .500 again! If he runs another team out there like he did last year and we keep him beyond 2023 then I'll join Sam's position that we truly don't care and basketball at MU is only a token effort!

I might suggest you make a token effort and actually watch/listen to AD Spears quotes on the series of one year contracts. You might find it beneficial to the statement you keep making isn't exactly the words that he used. To summarize, he wants results. If results are not met, then there will not be another one year contract. What are the results, IDK, but I trust our new AD until proven otherwise.

Apparently Sam swallows every pronouncement from everyone in some official position at MU "hook, line and sinker"! Spears can say they are working on a series of contracts, but if DD decides, on his own, to call it quits after next season, then whole issue is moot.

Sorry Sam, but source on another board included some info from someone who had been in some discussions, apparently, with D'Antoni's brother, and in that discussion the possibility of him calling it quits after 22-23 came up, especially if the Herd turns it around on the floor and rights the ship, so to speak, from the 21-22 disappointing "disaster".

Apparently Sam swallows every pronouncement from everyone in some official position at MU "hook, line and sinker"! Spears can say they are working on a series of contracts, but if DD decides, on his own, to call it quits after next season, then whole issue is moot.

Sorry Sam, but source on another board included some info from someone who had been in some discussions, apparently, with D'Antoni's brother, and in that discussion the possibility of him calling it quits after 22-23 came up, especially if the Herd turns it around on the floor and rights the ship, so to speak, from the 21-22 disappointing "disaster".
How? By beating up what will no doubt be the single greatest collection of D-2 and D-3 and NAIA teams that will be meaningless.

Reactions: The Real SamC
If DD were ASSURED of being here beyond next year, he would have been given a multiple year contract. Pretty simple to see what the plan is.

If DD were ASSURED of being here beyond next year, he would have been given a multiple year contract. Pretty simple to see what the plan is.

Let me preface what I’m about to say….

A) I don’t think Dan will be retained after next season.

B) I think you’re reading into the 1-year deal too much. I can’t really discuss as to why, but just go with it. Again, I don’t think he’ll be back unless he does something really special.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

B) I think you’re reading into the 1-year deal too much. I can’t really discuss as to why, but just go with it. Again, I don’t think he’ll be back unless he does something really special.
Agree. I've always felt this would be his chance to go out a winner and everyone is happy. Then Spears can turn his attention to hiring another HC.

but source on another board included some info from someone who had been in some discussions, apparently, with D'Antoni's brother
What is this, middle school? Some guy said he heard from some other guy who heard from the guy’s brother that….

DD will be here as long as he wants. This is a token effort.

Reactions: rvntx

Come on, this Goddamn Sam you're dealing with here.
He fights so hard for the integrity of CUSA.

What does Perseverative behavior mean?

Perseveration is the uncontrolled repetition or continuation of a response (e.g., behavior, word, thought, activity, strategy, or emotion) in the absence of an ongoing occasion or rationale for that behavior or emotion (e.g., the topic or task requirements have changed).
Speaking of psychological evaluations. I notice you have been absent from discussions on the other board but were very quick to make psychological posts a couple years ago.

You been hiding in the laundry baskets again?

As long as he wants, Sam? Based on what? Your Momma's Ouija Board??
No, facts and logic.

Fact. DD’s contract expired. CS could have hired anybody he wanted as coach. He hired DD. 12-21, 10-21 vs. DI opponents. 140-120 overall, two games over .500 vs. DI.

THAT is who CS believes is the best person to lead MU basketball in 22-23. That.

Now, another fact. DD’s entire family is involved with the state education bureaucracy in one way or another. He is very powerful.

IMHO, CS understood that keeping DD as long as he wants to be here was the price he paid to get the job. But I KNOW that CS thinks that DD’s performance last year was good enough for a renewal. It is physically impossible to do more poorly than DD did last year. Any random student could coach this team to 10 DI wins. Thus it is certain that DD’s performance next year will likewise be acceptable.

That is why CS and DD announced they are working on a “series of contracts”.

This is a token effort.

No, facts and logic.

Fact. DD’s contract expired. CS could have hired anybody he wanted as coach. He hired DD. 12-21, 10-21 vs. DI opponents. 140-120 overall, two games over .500 vs. DI.

THAT is who CS believes is the best person to lead MU basketball in 22-23. That.

Now, another fact. DD’s entire family is involved with the state education bureaucracy in one way or another. He is very powerful.

IMHO, CS understood that keeping DD as long as he wants to be here was the price he paid to get the job. But I KNOW that CS thinks that DD’s performance last year was good enough for a renewal. It is physically impossible to do more poorly than DD did last year. Any random student could coach this team to 10 DI wins. Thus it is certain that DD’s performance next year will likewise be acceptable.

That is why CS and DD announced they are working on a “series of contracts”.

This is a token effort.
If CS and DD were so confident he would be here beyond 22-23, why would it only be a series of contracts being considered? Surely if mediocrity were acceptable, just lock him up for another 3-4 years and get that out of the way.

If CS and DD were so confident he would be here beyond 22-23, why would it only be a series of contracts being considered? Surely if mediocrity were acceptable, just lock him up for another 3-4 years and get that out of the way.
Sam is pushing his agenda, don't apply logic.

ADVERTISEMENT