ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

We should bring that guy on board to spearhead the drive for the baseball stadium. He could probably suck blood out of a dead turnip. Then, when the stadium's built, he could be the coach. I have herd he had a rifle of an arm to throw out runners at second base.
I might have swerved into something I didn't intend to haha.

This is who I was thinking of:

I could have sworn it was longer than two years ago that he was a senior...

Anybody remember a year ago when every program in the country was talking about what sports it was going to have to drop? Some schools did drop some sports, but looking back now, it almost seems like they used the pandemic as an excuse to do something they already wanted to do.

Facing a year without revenue, I honestly thought college athletics as we knew them were over, but here we are a year later and plenty of schools with limited finances are still fielding teams in sports they have no real ability (and limited desire) to compete in.

Anybody remember a year ago when every program in the country was talking about what sports it was going to have to drop? Some schools did drop some sports, but looking back now, it almost seems like they used the pandemic as an excuse to do something they already wanted to do.

Facing a year without revenue, I honestly thought college athletics as we knew them were over, but here we are a year later and plenty of schools with limited finances are still fielding teams in sports they have no real ability (and limited desire) to compete inHat
That's because most of them are tax payer based and they play with funny money...aka tax money(our money). They are not worried about profit and loss. They also know the bailouts are coming.

Facing a year without revenue, I honestly thought college athletics as we knew them were over, but here we are a year later and plenty of schools with limited finances are still fielding teams in sports they have no real ability (and limited desire) to compete in.
"still fielding teams in sports they have no real ability (and limited desire) to compete in."
You mean like those teams in CUSA basketball that Sam talks about all the time?

This post couldn't be more wrong. But thats expected, 1 really bad season, combined with the BS the world is still currently facing, and people around here are already throwing in the towel.
Check the previous post, Dummard! Baseball has been mired in mediocrity at MU for decades. How many coaches have just given up in total disgust? Remember former Herd player, later coach, Piepenbrink (sp.), a local from Huntington? Believe he just threw up his hands and went off to the Eastern Panhandle to sell insurance. MU administrations have been telling fans, prospective players, coaches and the general public that a "stadium is in the works" since the days of Jack Cook in the early 60s. Hammy has just been continuing the party line, aided, of course, by the ever eager publicity seeker, "Hizzzoner" Mayor Williams! Waggoner can have a winning percentage of about .200 but as long as he doesn't "squawk" about the lack of a legitimate field/stadium too much, his job is pretty much "safe", regardless if the HERD is in or near the CUSA cellar year after year!!

Check the previous post, Dummard! Baseball has been mired in mediocrity at MU for decades. How many coaches have just given up in total disgust? Remember former Herd player, later coach, Piepenbrink (sp.), a local from Huntington? Believe he just threw up his hands and went off to the Eastern Panhandle to sell insurance. MU administrations have been telling fans, prospective players, coaches and the general public that a "stadium is in the works" since the days of Jack Cook in the early 60s. Hammy has just been continuing the party line, aided, of course, by the ever eager publicity seeker, "Hizzzoner" Mayor Williams! Waggoner can have a winning percentage of about .200 but as long as he doesn't "squawk" about the lack of a legitimate field/stadium too much, his job is pretty much "safe", regardless if the HERD is in or near the CUSA cellar year after year!!
I'm not so sure Wags is safe after this year. Especially IF we have an AD change

Reactions: GreenDuke
ADVERTISEMENT