ADVERTISEMENT

basketball insight

Getting psyched! West, Jahnsen,George,IB & Kinsey may start, but there is a lot of bench support, starting w/ Byers. The newbies I am not familiar with, but sounds like a ton of potential. Arguably more depth this season than last. Go Herd!!

Danny told us yesterday that if the season started today, he would start the 4 juniors and Kinsey. As he said, starting means very little because we are so deep, nobody is going to get Elmore minutes this year

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Getting psyched! West, Jahnsen,George,IB & Kinsey may start, but there is a lot of bench support, starting w/ Byers. The newbies I am not familiar with, but sounds like a ton of potential. Arguably more depth this season than last. Go Herd!!
I think Williams starts over IB

Reactions: chuck1069
Obviously, we want to win the league this year but some there are some good teams to get through. I'd like to finish in the top pod, make a deep run in the league tourney and get an NIT bid. That sets us up nicely for an expected league title in 21 and NCAA bid.

Reactions: 5150
I think Williams starts over IB
One of the benefits of our added depth is the fact that Williams will not have to play the 5 position this year. I'm not saying we won't run out some lineups that feature him as the 5 when we go small against certain matchups, but he will not be starting at the 5. It will either be Bennett or Beyers. Sounding like Beyers is the early favorite.

Im really interested to see what combinations DD comes up with... We have a lot of parts that seem to be both capable and interchangeable.

The two young guys I want to get a look at are Sarenac and Rucker. Skilled guys and both 6'7 and 200+... Added in with Bennett, Byers and Williams we could have some really big lineup possibilities over the next couple years. Throw in a tall PG like Kinsey at 6'5 and we could length some teams to death in CUSA.

Im really interested to see what combinations DD comes up with... We have a lot of parts that seem to be both capable and interchangeable.

The two young guys I want to get a look at are Sarenac and Rucker. Skilled guys and both 6'7 and 200+... Added in with Bennett, Byers and Williams we could have some really big lineup possibilities over the next couple years. Throw in a tall PG like Kinsey at 6'5 and we could length some teams to death in CUSA.
Expect Dajour to redshirt

Reactions: 5150
we had an officiated scrimmage yesterday,. It was a ton of fun to watch. Believe me, we are deep.
The starting 5 were the 4 juniors and Taevion.
They played many 5 minute periods with different combinations in each one. Danny really got his eyes full yesterday. As he said, being a starter with this much depth only means you get to hear your name over the loudspeaker.
Markp made countless no look passes that dazzeled the crowd on hand and Jannson, Darius and Mikel made shot after shot.
Mark has the "it factor" He sees the floor so well and makes great basketball decisions. We are very fortunate to have him. He is better that Danny imagined when he signed him.

we had an officiated scrimmage yesterday,. It was a ton of fun to watch. Believe me, we are deep.
The starting 5 were the 4 juniors and Taevion.
They played many 5 minute periods with different combinations in each one. Danny really got his eyes full yesterday. As he said, being a starter with this much depth only means you get to hear your name over the loudspeaker.
Markp made countless no look passes that dazzeled the crowd on hand and Jannson, Darius and Mikel made shot after shot.
Mark has the "it factor" He sees the floor so well and makes great basketball decisions. We are very fortunate to have him. He is better that Danny imagined when he signed him.
How did IB and the transfer from Furman looking?

Last edited:
How did IB and the transfer from Furman looking?
Taylor is VERY solid. He is a very good passer and runs the offense well. He will get a lot of PT.
Iran is as you know, a different person in that he is much more mobile. He has become a better rebounder, for sure. He still sometimes want to play too soft offensively. He needs to be more aggressive to the hole. He is better but can still improve in that area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT