ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball rankings

Thankfully for us, the pre-season KenPom rankings do not/can't factor in strength of schedule...

Here are a few highlights from our nonconference schedule this season (out of 362 DI teams) --

Queens -- 227
Tennessee Tech -- 340
Coppin State -- 315
Miami Oh -- 262
Chicago State -- 359
Moorehead State -- 223
Ohio -- 205
Akron -- 110
Duquesne -- 133
UNC Greensboro -- 103
Robert Morris -- 293
Toledo -- 86 (our best opponent of the season)

• Sad
Reactions: mufan08
Thankfully for us, the pre-season KenPom rankings do not/can't factor in strength of schedule...

Here are a few highlights from our nonconference schedule this season (out of 362 DI teams) --

Queens -- 227
Tennessee Tech -- 340
Coppin State -- 315
Miami Oh -- 262
Chicago State -- 359
Moorehead State -- 223
Ohio -- 205
Akron -- 110
Duquesne -- 133
UNC Greensboro -- 103
Robert Morris -- 293
🤮

Reactions: RhinoD
Thanks for sharing. This is how truly AWFUL the SBC is in men’s basketball. JMU, MU, and ODU. And that is it. This year, next year, every year.

And we play these cupcake joke schedules, get out worked by the two Virginia schools, keep DD, and in a few years it will be just ODU and JMU.

Thanks for sharing. This is how truly AWFUL the SBC is in men’s basketball. JMU, MU, and ODU. And that is it. This year, next year, every year.

And we play these cupcake joke schedules, get out worked by the two Virginia schools, keep DD, and in a few years it will be just ODU and JMU.
I'd throw in Texas State since they have won the league regular season title the last two years and went to the NIT... But otherwise totally agree, the SBC is awful.

Reactions: The Real SamC

Queens -- 227
Tennessee Tech -- 340
Coppin State -- 315
Miami Oh -- 262
Chicago State -- 359
Moorehead State -- 223
Ohio -- 205
Akron -- 110
Duquesne -- 133
UNC Greensboro -- 103
Robert Morris -- 293

I find Miami @ 262, Morehead @ 223, and Ohio @ 205 seemingly incorrect. All 3 of those teams are better than that on a near yearly basis. We'll see but I think their off on these numbers.

I find Miami @ 262, Morehead @ 223, and Ohio @ 205 seemingly incorrect. All 3 of those teams are better than that on a near yearly basis. We'll see but I think their off on these numbers.
Miami has been dreadful for a long time. They’ve finished below .500 12 out of the last 13 years. They haven’t won 20 games in a single season since Wally S was playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RhinoD
Miami has dreadful for a long time. They’ve finished below .500 12 out of the last 13 years. They haven’t won 20 games in a single season since Wally S was playing.

Wow I didn't know that. Guess I haven't been paying close enough attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT