ADVERTISEMENT

Bench Litton

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
I know its not all his fault but lets find out. Play Morrell. He will transfer,, He wont play behind Litton for 2 years. heck I wouldnt do that. MeMe has been out played by every other usa qb.He makes wku's qb look like a first round draft pick.2 more years of the same will mean 3 straight losing seasons.

no u cant burn his redshirt but Doc should never been stupid enough to start a season with 2 qb's

cocky that would only happen if Doc let's Legg go. Oh that's right. He won't. Guess Gaines transfers!

cocky that would only happen if Doc let's Legg go. Oh that's right. He won't. Guess Gaines transfers!
I doubt it. When he got redshirted he knew it was to save him a year and that he probably wouldn't play unless the other two got hurt. If he's smart, he sees what a mess we're in at QB right now and realizes he has a really good shot to take over.

Reactions: westfall19
Check his urine. Boy what a rat. What a stinkin rat. You assume he needs tested,,Why? Cause he is not white. treadmill you need a WINDMILL smack upside the head

It's funny how many of you guys were the same ones who were ready to tar and feather Birdsong last year. And you kept saying "Chase is the QB of the future!" Now a year later and we're giving up on the kid when he has one of the worst receiving corps in a decade and a terrible OLine.

I'm not saying chase is the guy, but why are there not posts about how disappointing McManus has been? Or the other receivers?

Chase is far from our biggest problem.

I expect to see the last of BL and CL this saturday. Legg will be fired and Litton will be run off. He simply is not good enough to play D I-A football. Look for him to quietly clean out his locker and move on. He can find an nice DII or NAIA slot and play out his elligiability.

Check his urine. Boy what a rat. What a stinkin rat. You assume he needs tested,,Why? Cause he is not white. treadmill you need a WINDMILL smack upside the head

He made the transition from WR to TE and it didn't work. He came here as a WR. Maybe if Legg knew how to use his personnel correctly. All they do is run him deep. He's a WR more in the mold of Anquon Boldin and Legg wants to use him as Larry Fitzgerald.

As far as Litton is concerned if you cannot run the ball the passing game is not going to open up. Go back and watch the game and just look at Legg's playcalling.

Run, Run, Ru, Run then the next series it's Pass, Pass, Pass Punt. He never layers his playcalling and sets one play up with another.

Anthony Anderson broke off two solid runs and we came back and ran it again instead of going play action like we should have.

Gaines, Morrell, or the new kids coming in are not going to be any better than Litton as long as Bill Legg is still the OC/QB Coach.

As far as Birdsong is concerned last season when he was the QB he had a run game, and OL, and a defense and he couldn't do anything with it. This year Litton has no OL, been saddled with Keion Davis and Hyleck Foster at RB all season, and a terrible defense. Davis would do good to start on the FCS level.

There's a reason we were able to open it up against MTSU. We could run the ball. did you know that up until last week it has been since October 24, 2015 since we had a 100 yard rusher? That's 14 games without one RB posting 100 yards in a game.

If you cannot run the ball your offense cannot successfully put together drives because it allows the defense to just sit on the routes and blitz all night long.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Ya great idea bench a guy who has these stats:

Passing Efficiency: 137.9 Rank #49 in the country
Passing Yards: 2612 Rank #36 in the country
Passing TD's: 24 Rank #16 in the country

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Ya great idea bench a guy who has these stats:

Passing Efficiency: 137.9 Rank #49 in the country
Passing Yards: 2612 Rank #36 in the country
Passing TD's: 24 Rank #16 in the country

3-9 record is the tale of the tape. That and reports that his teammates do not care for him make the idea of change necessary. jmo

Reactions: munotwvu342
3-9 record is the tale of the tape. That and reports that his teammates do not care for him make the idea of change necessary. jmo

and when you consider 2 of 10 games he's had really good numbers, one against a horrendous team, kind of skew his stats. other than the morgan state and mtsu games, he's thrown for just over 200 yards per game with 14 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.

Reactions: munotwvu342
Those are not bad stats Indy EXCEPT they go with a losing, poorly coached, bad decision-making QB. Other than that interesting stats.

Remember we won 10 games with Litton as a Freshman. He isn't perfect but he did win after Birdsong went down.

Strange year indeed.

Still I'd like to see more of Morrell. Might be good for Chase to understand he's got to improve.

Legg isn't creative as an OC that much is certain. But can Chase throw the "touch pass" Rakeem threw? I haven't seen it yet. He seems like he wants to fire it every time.

We beat 10 bad teams even with Litton. Go lay down Greenhouse he is pitiful and if he stays at qb the next two years I hope they fire doc. Clark acts like litton I mean MEME,, when litton stands away from the whole team on the sideline I would send him to the locker room.

Litton is just one of 3 major problems but he is in the middle of this whole mess. The line and receivers are horrible. Our backs are a good example that if a kid is 225 to 240 that does not make him a football player. How many passes has litton thrown to his pals in the backfield? Seriously, hell maybe they cant catch. Foster can catch

Those are not bad stats Indy EXCEPT they go with a losing, poorly coached, bad decision-making QB. Other than that interesting stats.

That's why I don't understand everyone wanting to bench him. You state he is poorly coached and makes bad decisions but he is able to put up these numbers. He is also responsible for 154 points which is 29th in the country in 1 less game than everyone else. Thats pretty good numbers for a bad QB IMO

That's why I don't understand everyone wanting to bench him. You state he is poorly coached and makes bad decisions but he is able to put up these numbers. He is also responsible for 154 points which is 29th in the country in 1 less game than everyone else. Thats pretty good numbers for a bad QB IMO
Like you I am not ready to throw him under the bus. Our problems are way bigger than him. That being said I am shocked we haven't allowed Morrell more snaps. If for no other reason to develop him. We are always one snap away from being #1 guy again. In games were we are getting beat there is no reason not to play him a few series IMO.

Reactions: pdbailey

32.9% Third Down Conversion ranked 117th in the nation. That's reason enough.

Remember we won 10 games with Litton as a Freshman. He isn't perfect but he did win after Birdsong went down.

Strange year indeed.

Still I'd like to see more of Morrell. Might be good for Chase to understand he's got to improve.

Legg isn't creative as an OC that much is certain. But can Chase throw the "touch pass" Rakeem threw? I haven't seen it yet. He seems like he wants to fire it every time.
Unfortunately, the veteran QBs left in the summer and the FR QBs coming in just weren't ready to push Litton for the job. I believe it made Litton become complacent and not improve as he should have his SO year. This Spring could be different with Morrell more seasoned while Gaines and White getting looks. Hopefully we will have a QB competition that helps them all improve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT