ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Legg Appreciation Thread

wait... i thought Larry Keuck was calling those plays...

next you'll tell me Jimmy Skinner wasn't the QB......................

Jimmy Skinner wins tonights game by two touchdowns... That is how bad it was under center.

You guys want to blame legg but agree that the dude under center was terrible? His play packages are dictated by the person under center executing, and that execution lacked, last week and today. Think about it, Cato had his trust and it was shown through success and execution. I would say he doesn't trust Ole birdcrap right now, and neither would you. Now comes coaching next week to see if ole gunner can run this offense the way he wants, I believe he can from what little we have seen, just hope they give him the chance. This is the only coaching error I will agree to, wrong guy under center, he can not sustain a drive and when or if he does, it's his surrounding cast who rescues him like last week.

Reactions: ThunderStruck1992
The guy under center is coached by Legg too..... cato learned from petterson before he left. I said last week that we would keep it simple until he was comfortable but i didnt think it would take this long for a transfer player.second half last week i was talking with another fan about him locking onto the short routs and not seeing his outside receivers running wide open sometimes bc they all knew he wasn't throwing deep. I thought it would've been worked out this week.

Can't blame Legg for:

A) Bad starting field position
B) When your QB holds the ball too long, locks in on his targets too long, and otherwise does all the things he shouldn't do.

Can blame Legg and coaching staff for who is under the center ! If he's so inept that have to cut the play calling down so much with a redshirt junior then go with Gunnar or pull the redshirt off chase and let's take our lumps . Make no mistake all the blame isn't on the shoulders of birdsong but he played horrible and locks on 1 receiver from the snap . Also all we heard all summer was the touch on his deep balls that is a farce looks like crap when he throws them through 2 games . He doesn't read the defense or see what's coming . Everything is coming from presnap and locks in .

Reactions: beefcake0520
sorry, but when you have "Quarterbacks" under your bio yes, you get blamed for the Quarterback not being able to function in a manner resembling a Quarterback....

also, Birdsong didn't just materialize out of thin air and declare himself the Quarterback..........

Capture.png

Can't blame Legg for:

A) Bad starting field position
B) When your QB holds the ball too long, locks in on his targets too long, and otherwise does all the things he shouldn't do.

Bad starting field position.. Like the time we started at the Ohio 12 yard line? We had a few drives with bad starting field position.. But, look at each drive from last night and you'll see we had 3 drives start in Ohio territory and had 3 more start at our own 35 or better.. We scored 3 points on those 6 drives

Reactions: tradebait
Bad starting field position? 3 of the first 4 drives of the 2nd half started in Ohio territory and we came away with 3 points (on the one that started at the 17).

Reactions: Trebel06
Wouldn't have mattered if we had started at the Ohio 35 everytime. We still wouldn't be able to move the ball. It was just bad. QB play was one of the worst performances I have seen for a long time.

Reactions: Trebel06
So is there any play in the playbook besides read option? That makes me think that he doesnt want to read a defense and set plays up atound what they are showing/giving. We go out and run the same plays we have over past few years with little variation and leave the pressure on the qb to read it all and run the best option from what he is set up in.... not saying the plays cant be successful bc cato made it successful but why cant we have a few different plays or even a new formation or something? We arent executing what we have now but couldnt part of that also be because there is plenty of footage of our 3-4 different plays? When was the last time we seen something new? Most excitement we het from plays now comes from our players making good plays or improvising but never because of a creative play being called. These complaints are the same as they were about 3 years ago before cato became an upperclassman and i don't think it will get much better. I am happy that we won but i have been extremely frustrated with the playcalling every single game even when birdsong was in there. I mean we get the ball down in overtjme and we run the same play as the rest of the season on 1st down... run up the middle. It just seems like a wasted play when we do it over and over and over again every 1st down.

Legg has no creativity on offense. They do no change a thing in the game when it is needed.

Reactions: MUman06
Hand the ball off and run up the middle....Hand the ball off and run up the middle....Hand the ball off and run up the middle....Hand the ball off and run up the middle....Hand the ball off and run up the middle.....

Need we say more?

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
The real issue is that the O-Line and Receivers are performing way below expectations. Add in we are playing a true freshman at QB and a RB who would have been #3 or 4 on the depth chart at the start of the season, you have what you have. Teams are going to blitz and play us man until we make them pay, and the way things are looking that is not gonna happen. Could we counter this better...... um yes, will we......doubtful based on last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT