ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Ross

How many years does he have left? And how much games experience did he play at NC?
After redshirting his first season on campus, he started 11 games and played 587 snaps at right guard in 2018. Ross appeared in nine games at several positions along the line last season, seeing limited action except for a 56-snap outing against Appalachian State.

h Ross is the first to announce a transfer out of the program since training camp began earlier this month. Student-athletes typically have to sit out a year upon transferring to a new program unless they meet certain criteria, such as finishing their degree and departing as a graduate student. Given the council’s eligibility recommendation, it seems as though Ross will not have to jump through any hoops to maintain his eligibility this season.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
After redshirting his first season on campus, he started 11 games and played 587 snaps at right guard in 2018. Ross appeared in nine games at several positions along the line last season, seeing limited action except for a 56-snap outing against Appalachian State.

h Ross is the first to announce a transfer out of the program since training camp began earlier this month. Student-athletes typically have to sit out a year upon transferring to a new program unless they meet certain criteria, such as finishing their degree and departing as a graduate student. Given the council’s eligibility recommendation, it seems as though Ross will not have to jump through any hoops to maintain his eligibility this season.
Thanks

Reactions: sluggo72
How many years does he have left? And how much games experience did he play at NC?
Started all 11 games as RS freshman. 9 last year with new coach. He will be a junior. Most players now get an exemption. If so he pays next year with 2 years to play

Reactions: ohio herd
This is a really good pickup... I would be shocked if all of our linemen come back (Id be mildly surprised if any of them do) there will be a spot for him next year to come in and compete. No matter what happens, you can never have too much offensive line depth/experience.
Real glad to see him coming to MU. Sure hopes he becomes a starter.

we all know Doc is not high on building depth/experience,..only the 5 starters on OL got action against WKU

Real glad to see him coming to MU. Sure hopes he becomes a starter.

we all know Doc is not high on building depth/experience,..only the 5 starters on OL got action against WKU
Agreed. You would think however that an ACC starter could start in CUSA

Reactions: 31Herd55
Never play 2nd team if only ahead 38-7 last in 4th quarter...might hit that 31-point pass and find yourself all tied up...sarcasm
Well if you watched he was never second team. He rotated with the other 2 tackles as there was a three man rotation.

Well if you watched he was never second team. He rotated with the other 2 tackles as there was a three man rotation.
So just how many times did you SEE him rotate into the game for one of the other 2 tackles.

Are you sure you know how a three man rotation even works?

So just how many times did you SEE him rotate into the game for one of the other 2 tackles.

Are you sure you know how a three man rotation even works?
He didn’t play at all Saturday that I saw. Mod says he was banged up. Prior to that Ball and Will started. It seemed they would get 2 series, then Tarik would come in and get 2 series Ball went out and Will went to LT. Then I think Will would come out a series with Tarik and Ball in. Then Tarik would go out and Ball and Will would be at their original spots.

So how do you think they did it??

He didn’t play at all Saturday that I saw. Mod says he was banged up. Prior to that Ball and Will started. It seemed they would get 2 series, then Tarik would come in and get 2 series Ball went out and Will went to LT. Then I think Will would come out a series with Tarik and Ball in. Then Tarik would go out and Ball and Will would be at their original spots.

So how do you think they did it??
The five 1st team starters got all reps throughout the game ...no rotation, no substitution, no building experience for future games nor future seasons...and no sugarcoating the facts.

The five 1st team starters got all reps throughout the game ...no rotation, no substitution, no building experience for future games nor future seasons...and no sugarcoating the facts.
I said that. The kid was hurt. The other games they rotated. What’s the problem??? Maybe some of the young guys are hurt, idk. But I do know, the whole line will be back next year, if they choose to. Let’s play this year And worry about tomorrow tomorrow

Reactions: Herdsavedme
Ross will have 2 years of eligibility left. Plus watch out for another possible 'BIG' name to transfer! Go Herd!

Reactions: 19MU88
I said that. The kid was hurt. The other games they rotated. What’s the problem??? Maybe some of the young guys are hurt, idk. But I do know, the whole line will be back next year, if they choose to. Let’s play this year And worry about tomorrow tomorrow
Those that fail to plan for the future are planning to fail in the future.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Those that fail to plan for the future are planning to fail in the future.
Logan Osburn, Dalton Tucker, Kendrick Sartor and Zack Ferris all played quite a bit against EKU. I don’t know for sure why our starters played every snap against WKU but I would guess it was because A.) Tarik Adams didn’t travel, B.) We had not played since September 19th and the starters needed reps and C.) Grant needed reps so Doc and Adkins decided to keep the starters in to protect him and keep him upright.

It kills me to do this, but I can admit to seeing some logic in the idea of keeping the line in.

If you've played video game football, and you get up big on the computer and want to get your younger players reps, you have to leave your starting lines in, otherwise everybody behind them gets the wrong kind of experience.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
ADVERTISEMENT