ADVERTISEMENT

Bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol) COVID Buster?

It looks like this is a trial request that was never actually run?
This is what it says:
warning.png
The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government...... So it was a study that has already been conducted and apparently waiting for the Govt to weigh in on it

This is what it says:
warning.png
The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government...... So it was a study that has already been conducted and apparently waiting for the Govt to weigh in on it
I read over the page and don’t see any results, just the design of the study, so I don’t think it was ever actually conducted. Or at least the page isn’t updated with the results, as far as I can tell.

Reactions: ohio herd
Typically to get on clinicaltrials.gov (I've done studies myself on there) you have to have passed IRB and have a trial you plan to enroll patients.

All this says is that someone approved the trial to be done. It says nothing about efficacy of the intervention (that's why you run the trial).

Someone (like an IRB committee) has signed off that the trial design is reasonable and safe.

Typically to get on clinicaltrials.gov (I've done studies myself on there) you have to have passed IRB and have a trial you plan to enroll patients.

All this says is that someone approved the trial to be done. It says nothing about efficacy of the intervention (that's why you run the trial).

Someone (like an IRB committee) has signed off that the trial design is reasonable and safe.
I've participated (as a provider) in HSR. Fortunately, I wasn't the one responsible for getting things submitted to the IRB for approval.

Just the headache of doing all those damn CITI modules was enough for me to know research isn't an area of particular interest for me.

I've participated (as a provider) in HSR. Fortunately, I wasn't the one responsible for getting things submitted to the IRB for approval.

Just the headache of doing all those damn CITI modules was enough for me to know research isn't an area of particular interest for me.

The CITI modules and regulatory red tape is an astronomical pain in the as*. The pendulum has swung so far Tuskegee to inane never ending "modules" that it discourages clinical trial participation from the provider standpoint IMO.

Never ending un-reimbursed modules and time spent just to check boxes, not protect patients or improve the research. We have a whole giant industry dedicated to it.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT