ADVERTISEMENT

Bowe Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion

wvkeeper(HN)

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
Muswell Hillbilly
"Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by enemy forces in Afghanistan for five years, will be charged with desertion, senior defense officials told NBC News. The officials say the charges could be referred within a week."

Link

Curious, I know nothing of military justice, is that about the max charge he could have been facing?

Refresh my memory. This is the guy who everybody said from day one was a deserter, enemy sympathizer, lives were risked looking for him & Obama traded five Taliban commanders for, right? Didn't Obama assume everyone would herald the swap?

Desertion during wartime is punishable by death or lifetime imprisonment. If this was simple AWOL or desertion during peacetime its a dishonorable discharge and between 1-5 years imprisonment. This case is weird though, I would bet his punishment will be time served during his capture and either an other-than-honorable discharge or dishonorable. It'll be interesting to see this all play out.

Eisenhower had a man put before a firing squad for desertion in WW2. Today, POTUS, parades the parents around the White House in a publicity stunt. Parents of a damn traitor.

The WH defines the Taliban as armed insurgents, not terrorists. So negotiating with them is, like, totally legit.

Originally posted by HerdFan76:
The WH defines the Taliban as armed insurgents, not terrorists. So negotiating with them is, like, totally legit.
1)White House staff is full of political correctness

2)Their boss is a radical muslim sympathizer. That is the background he was raised in.

B8XZ2gcCMAAcWNw.jpg

Remember how dumb Obama tried to make everyone feel for questioning him on it. Like, "Do you think I would have made this move if I thought these guys were a risk? How dare you question me? I obviously know what's best". Well, looks like those "assurances" he gave us were about as believable as everything else he's ever said......

One of the Five is again a militant.

Obama knew what he was doing. He wanted to slap the military in the face. 6 Men gave their lives looking for this guy. 6 of his own men, his fellow soldiers and comrades. And, Obama holds a parade for his parents in the house of the Commander In Chief.

What a dick.

And he sent Susan Rice out to tell us Bergdahl served with honor and distinction. Another slap in the face.

Originally posted by HerdFan76:
And he sent Susan Rice out to tell us Bergdahl served with honor and distinction. Another slap in the face.
Slap in the face of the American people .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT