ADVERTISEMENT

Brandyn Sittinger

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
I don't remember this kid when he played baseball for Marshall in 2013 and 2014. Does anybody know why he transferred to Ashland for his final two years? He didn't perform much or well as a freshman/sophomore at Marshall.

He made the big leagues and pitched in five games for the Arizona Diamondbacks a few years ago. He is still playing in independent ball. Pretty impressive that from 2017-2021, Marshall had five former players play in the Big Leagues.

I thought the way I asked it was implied. So for what reason was he fired. And ‘ trust me he needed to go’ is not a reason.
Rumors were that some players were complaining about issues on the team and the coach refused to address when asked to do so. Insubordination will get you fired every time.

Rumors were that some players were complaining about issues on the team and the coach refused to address when asked to do so. Insubordination will get you fired every time.
sounds like a bunch of horse poo poo to me. again rumors.

Rumors were that some players.... but it is ok for the University to publish RUMORS? I dont get it?
I dont remember the university publishing rumors. But I admit not living in Htgn and seeing the news. My rumors came from inside the university from people I know and spoken with over the last couple of months. Do they know exactly?? Dont know. Thats why I said "rumor".

What do you have? What details did you have beyond Spears is a big ole meanie?

I dont remember the university publishing rumors. But I admit not living in Htgn and seeing the news. My rumors came from inside the university from people I know and spoken with over the last couple of months. Do they know exactly?? Dont know. Thats why I said "rumor".

What do you have? What details did you have beyond Spears is a big ole meanie?
that's about the only detail there is, Spears did it to throw his weight around, and prove he could ruin someone's life just because. It's why I always speculate, Spears did it because his ego could not handle the new stadium spotlight with with Waggoner. Look at the time line.

that's about the only detail there is, Spears did it to throw his weight around, and prove he could ruin someone's life just because. It's why I always speculate, Spears did it because his ego could not handle the new stadium spotlight with with Waggoner. Look at the time line.
Yeah...sure. Ok. Your "speculation" makes absolutely no sense.

The timeline says Waggoner got canned long before the stadium opening. What "spotlight"?? Why would a coach be given a "spotlight" he too played no real role in? What are we missing? Have there been tickertape parades celebrating Spears/baseball stadium in downtown?

Yeah...sure. Ok. Your "speculation" makes absolutely no sense.

The timeline says Waggoner got canned long before the stadium opening. What "spotlight"?? Why would a coach be given a "spotlight" he too played no real role in? What are we missing? Have there been tickertape parades celebrating Spears/baseball stadium in downtown?
there was an article in the HD about them getting the funding for the stadium, the HD quoted Wags more than Spears, shortly there after Wags is fired. Ego

Since he’s such a hot coaching commodity and should never have been let go from here where is he coaching now?
That's a straw man. I don't recall Sluggish or anybody else claiming he's a "hot coaching commodity." It's reasonable to be given an explanation as to why a long-time head coach was released 6+ months after the end of a season, hamstringing the program for at least a year. Nobody has been able to answer that.

For what it's worth, Waggs is working for a private instructional baseball company out of Akron.

why would Wags want that?
$$$ going out the door.
there was an article in the HD about them getting the funding for the stadium, the HD quoted Wags
1 story? 🤣 🤣 🤣 I thought you said the University was "publishing rumors"?

IMO it wasn't a story in the HD quoting Wags that got him tossed. I'm going with internal rumors related to insubordination.

Reactions: Herdguy04
$$$ going out the door.

IMO it wasn't a story in the HD quoting Wags that got him tossed. I'm going with internal rumors related to insubordination.
2 things
1) you said the school published rumors. Go read the posts again
2) who is the AD to tell a coach how to handle his team? But that’s Spears fires people for messy desks

$$$ going out the door.

Has there ever been a head coach fired, in any sport, because they were quoted more in the local paper than their boss?

there was an article in the HD about them getting the funding for the stadium, the HD quoted Wags more than Spears, shortly there after Wags is fired. Ego

So Spears fired Wagg because a local paper had more quotes from the coach than the AD? Do you hear yourself?

You mean make up stuff and hoping they stick, sure.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
So Spears fired Wagg because a local paper had more quotes from the coach than the AD? Do you hear yourself?

You mean make up stuff and hoping they stick, sure.
I feel it’s as good a reason as any one else’s. You figure someone would not get fired for living in Ohio but they did

I feel it’s as good a reason as any one else’s. You figure someone would not get fired for living in Ohio but they did

So let's see, from you...
Someone was fired for a messy desk
Someone was fired for living in Ohio (even though Spears himself lives in Ohio; oh and what were those comments he made about living in Ohio?)
Someone was fired because they had more quotes in the HD than Spears
Someone was fired because they were too close to retirement age (oh and how is that lawsuit coming along?)
Spears lied on his resume (and he is lucky the President was being let go because he was going to get fired; and what did he lie on his resume about?)
Spears paid Caldwell 2 and 3 X more than the previous coach (which was wrong/a lie by you, and that was easy to show with open the books website of WV employees of the base salaries of the previous coach and compare to Caldwell's base salary of $200,000; Caldwell did get around a $30,000 base salary increase)
Spears doubled the women's basketball staff (which is wrong/ a lie by you, the NCAA approved 2 additional coaches when Caldwell started here. We would have had those 2 additional coaches regardless of who was head coach)
Spears is hiding overspending from the baseball stadium with concession stand money
He is over spending in football with frivolous travel to JMU
The athletic budget is in disarray

Scorn, all because he fired your track and field buddy.

Last edited:
So let's see, from you...
Someone was fired for a messy desk
Someone was fired for living in Ohio (even though Spears himself lives in Ohio; oh and what were those comments he made about living in Ohio?)
Someone was fired because they had more quotes in the HD than Spears
Someone was fired because they were too close to retirement age (oh and how is that lawsuit coming along?)
Spears lied on his resume (and he is lucky the President was being let go because he was going to get fired; and what did he lie on his resume about?)
Spears paid Caldwell 2 and 3 X more than the previous coach (which was wrong/a lie by you, and that was easy to show with open the books website of WV employees of the base salaries of the previous coach and compare to Caldwell's base salary of $200,000; Caldwell did get around a $30,000 base salary increase)
Spears doubled the women's basketball staff (which is wrong/ a lie by you, the NCAA approved 2 additional coaches when Caldwell started here. We would have had those 2 additional coaches regardless of who was head coach)
Spears is hiding overspending from the baseball stadium with concession stand money
He is over spending in football with frivolous travel to JMU
The athletic budget is in disarray

Scorn, all because he fired your track and field buddy.
It’s amazing we hired someone like that, isn’t it?
btw you lied when you said Spears lives in Ohio. He doesn’t he lives in Huntington. I’ve been to that house many times

It’s amazing we hired someone like that, isn’t it?
btw you lied when you said Spears lives in Ohio. He doesn’t he lives in Huntington. I’ve been to that house many times
I didn't say he lived in Ohio, you did (know it is kind of hard with all your lies).

Your post #5, or it is just from your poor sentence structure that is hard to keep up from all the crap you make up.

2 things
1) you said the school published rumors. Go read the posts again
2) who is the AD to tell a coach how to handle his team? But that’s Spears fires people for messy desks
1) You misinterpreted. My rumors came from people inside the university. Not the university the university itself. I didn't say the school published rumors.....go read again.

2)Uhhhhh, the AD has ultimate authority over the coach and players. If there is an issue of misconduct by a coach that is detrimental to players/school......yes, the coach can be terminated and yes it's the AD's responsibility. IMO this was an insubordination issue and he was terminated. End of story.

I’ve been to that house many times

Oh I have zero doubt you have been to Spears house many times

lips-lipstick-on.gif

• Haha
I didn't say he lived in Ohio, you did (know it is kind of hard with all your lies).

Your post #5, or it is just from your poor sentence structure that is hard to keep up from all the crap you make up.
so who said this? even though Spears himself lives in Ohio; from your post above

1) You misinterpreted. My rumors came from people inside the university. Not the university the university itself. I didn't say the school published rumors.....go read again.

2)Uhhhhh, the AD has ultimate authority over the coach and players. If there is an issue of misconduct by a coach that is detrimental to players/school......yes, the coach can be terminated and yes it's the AD's responsibility. IMO this was an insubordination issue and he was terminated. End of story.
what was his misconduct? Spears: 'you know coach some players dont like you, you need to address that'. Wags-'what are you serious?' Spears' you are fired'

what was his misconduct? Spears: 'you know coach some players dont like you, you need to address that'. Wags what are you serious? Spears' you are fired'
Considering you can transfer at the drop of a hat these days for any reason, IMO it was something a little more serious than a player "liking" his coach.

There was a reason Wags did not appear to fight being let go too. He's gone. Get over it.

Considering you can transfer at the drop of a hat these days for any reason, IMO it was something a little more serious than a player "liking" his coach.

There was a reason Wags did not appear to fight being let go too. He's gone. Get over it.
are you sure he's going quietly into the night? We let a good man go for no reason, to be replaced by someone who is leading a downward spiral.

are you sure he's going quietly into the night? We let a good man go for no reason, to be replaced by someone who is leading a downward spiral.
Is there a lawsuit filed somewhere no one knows about?

Step up then. Give more $$ and get on the inside, so you can tell all the facts.

He doesn’t he lives in Huntington. I’ve been to that house many times

Good to know you're likely on some kind of watch list.

This type of response is exactly why dumb fans like you, will never be in a position to run an AD.

I didnt say I've been to Spears house many times. I've been to that house many times.

Do you also carve little symbols in trees in the backyard while you watch his house?

Sluggo: "AD Spears in human form, do you see?"
Sluggo: "AD Spears changing, do you see?"
Sluggo: "AD Spears reborn, do you see?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT