ADVERTISEMENT

Briles was never even considered

I'd say Briles never ran in Doc's circle, he probably has someone in mind that has. Question is, who is it? Tony isn't coming back so you can scratch him off the list.

It's hard not to be excited about any change given what the status quo looks like.

But, it does seem that Briles has some baggage whether legit or not.

Probably the reason he wasn't considered is the same reason I didn't ask the homecoming queen to the prom. I knew she would say no. It seems that some think that we could have anybody we want. All we have to do is offer and they will jump at the chance.

Probably the reason he wasn't considered is the same reason I didn't ask the homecoming queen to the prom. I knew she would say no. It seems that some think that we could have anybody we want. All we have to do is offer and they will jump at the chance.

Ahhh yes. The self defeating Loser mentality.

This is the kind of mindset that wanted Marshall Football to fold up permanently in Nov 1970.

Too much we do not know behind the scenes to make assumptions. We don't know that the offensive changes meant OC. That's just what we are assuming. But to add to the not asking the prom queen out because of getting turned down, I had that mindset when I was in high school, and it turned out that I could get women I wanted if I just showed interest. Does that apply to Marshall, I dunno, kinda different scenario lol But you gotta look at whose on the market and what they aim to do as far as being a one year and done type or the type that will give you a few.

This is the kind of mindset that wanted Marshall Football to fold up permanently in Nov 1970.
Nah, that was a plane crash that killed the whole team. This is a guy with no connection to the MU athletic department whatsoever not being hired to fill a position that isn't even vacant. But I could see how you could get the two confused.

Nah, that was a plane crash that killed the whole team. This is a guy with no connection to the MU athletic department whatsoever not being hired to fill a position that isn't even vacant. But I could see how you could get the two confused.

No. Not confused at all.

The collection of coaching superstars is not for FAU. The collection of coaches is for the NEXT team that Kiffin goes to. They are willing to coach the worst team in the worst conference for their future.

I just found out that we did not go after Urban Meyer when he was available. Now he is tied up in that contract with Ohio State and we will probably never get him.

You see. This would be the appropriate time for herdalicious to apply his "apples vs. oranges" analogy.

Reactions: 30Kelly
Neither apples, nor oranges, nor Urban Meyer are team-killing plane crashes.

Oh wait.....this is one of those........"never speak of the plane crash" lectures, unless you're standing at the fountain, moments.. Got it.

I guess we could replace my example with the overall mindset of WV in general that always looks at any challenging situation and inserts the loser logic..... "guess its not meant to be.....no point in going forward....not worth it...impossible...no need to make an attempt....etc" (Sorry... but, that still applies to many in the Huntington/Marshall community following the tragedy.)

Having grown up in Huntington, I can say, that Marshall is very fortunate Nate Ruffin and a few others were not afraid to "ask out the Prom Queen".

Possible good news: Rex Ryan is NOW available! That "explosive" Bills offense should fit right in with Doc's current simplistic and conservative coaching philosophy!!!

Nope. As far as we know, he has no ties to the State of Wv, has actually held a head coaching position, most likely doesn't know MH or Doc. Philosophically they are much the same, but the previous things mentioned automatically eliminate him.

(Disclaimer.....for those that don't understand that this is not an endorsement for Ryan)

Further clarification on the Urban Meyer discussion . Who needs Urban Meyer when you can get his mythical recruiting coordinator on the cheap? No way in hell Urban could have done it without Docs recru.....uhh, we, ehhh....

Oh wait.....this is one of those........"never speak of the plane crash" lectures, unless you're standing at the fountain, moments.. Got it.

I guess we could replace my example with the overall mindset of WV in general that always looks at any challenging situation and inserts the loser logic..... "guess its not meant to be.....no point in going forward....not worth it...impossible...no need to make an attempt....etc" (Sorry... but, that still applies to many in the Huntington/Marshall community following the tragedy.)

Having grown up in Huntington, I can say, that Marshall is very fortunate Nate Ruffin and a few others were not afraid to "ask out the Prom Queen".

Be careful, people get offended when you speak of such mindset about WV

Aren't you one of the posters who is upset with Doc over cutting players loose?

I am upset that the recruiting genius doesn't seem to have the skills to bring in talent combined with character and average intelligence that keeps them out of the courthouse Something is also seriously lacking in evaluating whether or not these "players" have the ability to function effectively within a team concept.

7 years with a recruiting genius and where is the talent? Real head coaches and programs not asleep at the wheel reload. Once again we are having to reevaluate and rebuild.

Okie States OC was the OC at Shippensburg St last year. But I am sure he is not qualified to coach at Marshall.

As long as that baggage knows how to call more than 3-4 plays, it's a win either way.

That's the spirit. Who cares if he's a piece of trash that has no character. I'm not saying he is, but if the allegations against his former program are true (as they seem to be) then I don't want him anywhere near our program.

We had one bad year, not time for us to sell out the program in order to have a sleazy coordinator

That's the spirit. Who cares if he's a piece of trash that has no character. I'm not saying he is, but if the allegations against his former program are true (as they seem to be) then I don't want him anywhere near our program.

We had one bad year, not time for us to sell out the program in order to have a sleazy coordinator
At this point I'd gladly take Hitler at OC if he were alive and could run 5 solid plays.

It's not just one bad year that everyone is concerned about. It's all the other things that went along with this one bad year, like all our talented players getting booted off, Legg's ineptitude becoming more apparent with a QB who isn't as talented as Cato, etc, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT