ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo HC Lance Leipold

I'd be curious to see how many lower level coaches make the jump to FBS and then how many of them are successful. It doesn't seem like there are many hires from the lower levels.

You would think there would be.

Reactions: HerdyGurdyMan
I'd be curious to see how many lower level coaches make the jump to FBS and then how many of them are successful. It doesn't seem like there are many hires from the lower levels.

On the flip side, you have guys like Brent Beliema that go from school to school after being fired from his previous employer. Mind boggling.

On the flip side, you have guys like Brent Beliema that go from school to school after being fired from his previous employer. Mind boggling.

Bielema was fired from one school (Arkansas). He left Wisconsin on his own after going to the Rose Bowl three straight years to finish his tenure there, which is impressive. He wasn't a total failure at Arkansas, as he lasted five years there, went 29-34 in the hardest division in the country, and had three winning seasons. That's after having taken over a 4-8 program.

Reactions: HerdyGurdyMan

Happens quite often if you consider FCS to be a lower level.

Among active FBS HCs there’s Bill Clark, Dino Babers, Chris Creighton, Mike Houston, Willie Fritz, Jeff Monken, Craig Bohl and Chris Klieman. Going way back there’s Brian Kelly and Jim Harbaugh.

ADVERTISEMENT