ADVERTISEMENT

cali

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
California is (literally) burning up with wildfires still raging. NBC found human feces on 140 city blocks of downtown San Francisco. Los Angeles has become the homeless capital of the US, and the LA Times reports that 5 homeless people die each day in LA. And yet - the governor has the time to dictate how people can can celebrate Thanksgiving. This is his latest mandate:

For Thanksgiving / Christmas:
no more than 3 families may gather
host must collect the names of all who attend
all gatherings must be outside
all food must be single serve and disposable
you must wear a mask at all times except to eat
you can only gather for 2 hours

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/10/12/california-covid-guidelines-gathering-singing-music/

*** Breaking News . . . (from over two weeks ago) ***

What a dick for trying to mitigate the loss of lives and destruction of the economy for long-term. Doesn't he/they know that they should just let people fend for themselves, ignore the overwhelming number of experts on the subject (including the White House's own medical experts), and see how the cards fall?

Los Angeles has become the homeless capital of the US, and the LA Times reports that 5 homeless people die each day in LA.
Just a part of the "aura" of the place. Why.....you can drive for miles and miles and never see homeless anywhere. Making a big deal out of nothing. Anyone that's been out there knows it's not an issue. :rolleyes:

Just a part of the "aura" of the place. Why.....you can drive for miles and miles and never see homeless anywhere. Making a big deal out of nothing. Anyone that's been out there knows it's not an issue. :rolleyes:

Who was the idiot who said that homeless are in every little corner of LA and that you can't go a single place in SoCal without seeing them? Was it some podcast guy? Then, I quickly disproved the claim, and you showed your ass in that thread.

Oh, yeah. The argument was that there are now homeless in Hollywood . . . which has been the case, and yes, part of the aura for a long time there. Again, the damn costume people have a high percentage who are homeless.

Oh, yeah. The argument was that there are now homeless
Wrong. The argument is that homelessness has now surpassed the historical norms and is taking over larger parts of LA. Fact.
you showed your ass in that thread.
Wrong. I showed several news clips making you look like a dumb ass by reporting on the exact same claim I made above. Funny how not a single news report I linked, suggested the growing and out of control homelessness in LA Is part of the “aura”.

Wrong. The argument is that homelessness has now surpassed the historical norms and is taking over larger parts of LA. Fact.

The quotes I challenged had nothing to do with that. It had to do with that moron claiming that you can’t go anywhere in SoCal without seeing homeless.

You realize that thread is still active, right, liarherdfan? Why lie about something so easily tracked down?

The quotes I challenged had nothing to do with that. It had to do with that moron claiming that you can’t go anywhere in SoCal without seeing homeless.

You realize that thread is still active, right, liarherdfan? Why lie about something so easily tracked down?
You’ve lied about me cougar man. So I would say that makes you a liar. Durham an Hunter Biden‘s laptop knows!

Reactions: 19MU88
The argument was that there are now homeless in Hollywood
The quotes I challenged had nothing to do with that.

Make up your mind.

Our specific conversation and subsequent debate dealt exactly with the increased homeless problem across LA and the fact that areas like Hollywood are being over run with homeless issues. It's why your "aura" comment was mocked and why you left the thread after multiple news reports (discussing the exact opposite of "aura") were linked.

Make up your mind.

Our specific conversation and subsequent debate dealt exactly with the increased homeless problem across LA and the fact that areas like Hollywood are being over run with homeless issues. It's why your "aura" comment was mocked and why you left the thread after multiple news reports (discussing the exact opposite of "aura") were linked.

Do you know what it means to “take things out of context”? You’ve just done that.

I challenged the claim that you can’t go anywhere in SoCal without seeing homeless. I didn’t challenge the claim that there are now homeless in Hollywood, except for laughing at that considering homeless have been throughout Hollywood for decades. And yes, the homeless are part of the aura of that area.

It's why your "aura" comment was mocked and why you left the thread after multiple news reports (discussing the exact opposite of "aura") were linked.

Nobody left any thread. You’re claiming that news reports disputed the fact that part of the aura is the grittiness of Hollywood? Ever been to West Hollywood? Ever been to the Sunset Strip. Those parts of Hollywood are overwhelmingly considered “grimy.” Part of the aura of those areas is the druggies, homeless, and weirdos that pervert the area. There is simply no arguing that for anyone who has ever spent just one night there.

What’s one of the biggest tourist drawsin Hollywood? The area near The Chinese Theatre/Walk of Fame. What is there? A ton of druggies, homeless, and weirdos.

It’s part of the aura.

Ever been to West Hollywood? Ever been to the Sunset Strip. Those parts of Hollywood are overwhelmingly considered “grimy.” Part of the aura of those areas is the druggies, homeless, and weirdos that pervert the area. There is simply no arguing that for anyone who has ever spent just one night there.

What’s one of the biggest tourist drawsin Hollywood? The area near The Chinese Theatre/Walk of Fame. What is there? A ton of druggies, homeless, and weirdos.

I’ve been going there for years. I have family that has lived there for years.

Walking past tent encampments has never been the aura of walking down the streets of Hollywood. Needles in the streets and human shit in the gutter has never been the aura of walking down the streets of Hollywood. It’s progressed well beyond “weirdos” and the occasional stoned bum. Even the liberals that live there admit this.

Walking past tent encampments has never been the aura of walking down the streets of Hollywood. Needles in the streets and human shit in the gutter has never been the aura of walking down the streets of Hollywood. It’s progressed well beyond “weirdos” and the occasional stoned bum. Even the liberals that live there admit this.

Do you realize that you just confirmed my point? My point was that the podcast guy was a moron for claiming that suddenly there are no areas of SoCAL to avoid homeless. I claimed that 1) There have been homeless throughout SoCal for years, including in many well-known areas and 2) There are still tons of areas that do not have homeless, which is the opposite of his claim.

Now, you've just admitted that Hollywood has always had the occasional homeless and weirdos. And yes, the aura of Hollywood has always involved the homeless, druggies, and weirdos. The characters on Hollywood Blvd. are one of the biggest draws of the area . . . and guess what? Many of those guys are homeless.

Let's turn the rest of the country into California and NY which are places people are leaving in droves. Makes sense.

Let's turn the rest of the country into California and NY which are places people are leaving in droves. Makes sense.

No, let's turn the country into these 10 states: Tennessee, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, West Virginia, Louisiana, New Mexico, Mississippi. It can be a race for which state can acquire the highest poverty level. You conservative idiots have 9 of the 10 that are now winning that race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT