ADVERTISEMENT

California continues to lose residents to Arizona, Nevada

right011.png

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

Overall, we rate Fox News right biased based on editorial positions that align with the right and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, and numerous false claims and failed fact checks.

right011.png

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

Overall, we rate Fox News right biased based on editorial positions that align with the right and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, and numerous false claims and failed fact checks.

No question. They are leaving.

right011.png

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

Mark Margolis Rage GIF by Breaking Bad

If a couple million more want to leave we might finally solve our housing supply issue.
Edit: it would still take me an hour longer than it should to get to LA though.

• Haha
Reactions: herdfan06 and 30CAT
If a couple million more want to leave we might finally solve our housing supply issue.
Edit: it would still take me an hour longer than it should to get to LA though.
Blackrock and the big boys keep buying houses everywhere. Also builders are not going to go in like they used to and build 200 extra homes ahead of them being sold. Big boy buying apartment complexes. Foreign entities as well. Throw in the average American investor who believes buying extra homes are.good investments and the markets are stretched thin. Lower and middle class first time home buyers are fooked.

Reactions: ohio herd and 30CAT
Blackrock and the big boys keep buying houses everywhere. Also builders are not going to go in like they used to and build 200 extra homes ahead of them being sold. Big boy buying apartment complexes. Foreign entities as well. Throw in the average American investor who believes buying extra homes are.good investments and the markets are stretched thin. Lower and middle class first time home buyers are fooked.
Tell me about it. Developers here are building wherever they can, but NIMBYs try to stall it as much as possible. Plus the foreign and domestic investment firms.

We need to go back to houses being a thing people buy to live in, not a sub section of a sub section of an investment portfolio.

Throw in the average American investor who believes KNOWS buying extra homes are.good investments

We need to go back to houses being a thing people buy to live in, not a sub section of a sub section of an investment portfolio.
No thanks. I do buy them so people can live in them. I also greatly undercut rental rates and give people great living options. As long as they pay on time and don't cause issues, I don't raise the rent. The Florida property hasn't had a rent increase in over five years even though comparable properties in the building have seen rent increases of about 40%. One of the SLC properties has had a rent of $1300 since July '21 which was $200 below comparable properties in that development back then and is about $400 lower than what they get now.

The overwhelming majority of property buyers don't buy to sit in them. They are providing housing for people to live in, many times, putting the renters in an advantageous situation.

No thanks. I do buy them so people can live in them. I also greatly undercut rental rates and give people great living options. As long as they pay on time and don't cause issues, I don't raise the rent. The Florida property hasn't had a rent increase in over five years even though comparable properties in the building have seen rent increases of about 40%. One of the SLC properties has had a rent of $1300 since July '21 which was $200 below comparable properties in that development back then and is about $400 lower than what they get now.

The overwhelming majority of property buyers don't buy to sit in them. They are providing housing for people to live in, many times, putting the renters in an advantageous situation.
Choke on a cock

Tell me about it. Developers here are building wherever they can, but NIMBYs try to stall it as much as possible. Plus the foreign and domestic investment firms.

Here is a problem Are we going to end up as a nation of renters? 72 years old and paying rent?

At some point, the market is going to crash. Way overvalued in many areas. People are going to be upside down.

Reactions: 30CAT
Here is a problem Are we going to end up as a nation of renters? 72 years old and paying rent?

At some point, the market is going to crash. Way overvalued in many areas. People are going to be upside down.
I mean the system is setting itself up so that yes, 72 year olds will be paying rent. Thats how everything is headed now.

The market will crash when either demand drops or supply rises. Demand won’t drop (macro, it will in certain markets) because people have to live somewhere. If institutions all decided to divest it would crash but they wouldn’t do that to each other.

Reactions: 30CAT

How is it going to crash when very few new houses are being built. Yet everyday people are getting promotions, transferred, married, divorced, having kids, kids are moving out, graduating, etc, etc. You know, all the reason why people actually have to buy a house.

So if all those things are happening, and very few houses have been built since COVID, then how is it going to crash. And even if it does, how many decades is it going to take before it happens.

How is it going to crash when very few new houses are being built. Yet everyday people are getting promotions, transferred, married, divorced, having kids, kids are moving out, graduating, etc, etc. You know, all the reason why people actually have to buy a house.

So if all those things are happening, and very few houses have been built since COVID, then how is it going to crash. And even if it does, how many decades is it going to take before it happens.
He lives in California. The entire population has left the state, mostly to west virginia like you said. Houses are basically free here now due to the mass exodus and crash like Crispy Lips has made 75 posts about.

(Hokies didn’t say it was going to crash. In fact, he said the opposite).

The entire population has left the state, mostly to west virginia like you said. Houses are basically free here now due to the mass exodus and crash like Crispy Lips has made 75 posts about.

That's a lie. Angry and a liar. I'll blame your lies on your pent-up anger.

I mean the system is setting itself up so that yes, 72 year olds will be paying rent. Thats how everything is headed now.

The market will crash when either demand drops or supply rises. Demand won’t drop (macro, it will in certain markets) because people have to live somewhere. If institutions all decided to divest it would crash but they wouldn’t do that to each other.

I misread your post as rifle said

I read it that you were saying it would crash

My apoligies

Building "3 million affordable house units" isn't the answer. Another taxpayer boondoggle that will ultimately be another Section 8 tenement housing project.

More tax breaks for those that actually pay income tax will put more money in the economy long term, than any 1 time govt stimulus check.

Someone with more info on this please chime in. I was thinking that Big Corporations ( like in Atlanta) have purchased large amounts of homes and the rise of AirBNB has created a problem for many first time home buyers

Someone with more info on this please chime in. I was thinking that Big Corporations ( like in Atlanta) have purchased large amounts of homes and the rise of AirBNB has created a problem for many first time home buyers
Both are issues though the former is probably the bigger issue. AirBNB contributed and makes living near homes that have been converted to AirBNBs worse, and in certain highly desirable locations the AirBNB effect is going to have a big impact, but in most places the bigger problem is the megacorps.

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT