ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all optimists.......

..........I'm surprised you missed the point of my statement. Look up the definition of derogatory and get back to me.....

Clearly, you're the one who doesn't know its meaning. The poster above you referred to somebody by calling him "Josh Stowers Sr." He wasn't calling him that as a compliment. It was derogatory in nature.

One more point you talk about Doc not winning championships here is fact for you critics Michigan has no Big 10 championships in the last 10 years. I guess Michigan is not a great program since they have no titles in the last 10 years? Only 1 team wins a championship each year you people forget that fact.

So, is ODU Ohio State, UNCC Purdue, and Michigan State MTSU?

Legg was certainly the decision maker in terms of what he wanted at the QB position for "his" offense, and was heavily involved in those recruiting decisions. He did not recruit Thomson, but he originally wanted Kai Locksley at QB in the 2018 class. He has been a failure at UTEP.

There is a very organized recruiting process in place that is used to identify players for evaluation and then offers and also to determine how many recruits we need to have at each position. The process is very meticulous as I understand it with Doc only involved at a high level. The RC runs the process for each cycle and the coaches and coordinators doing the evaluations, rankings, and decision making on recruits. Doc reviews the information and signs off if he approves. The process is his baby, but his really is only involved at a high level.
Doc is the ONLY person that approves who gets offered. Period. I have heard of coaches going out doing work on a kid that he really likes then getting shot down. This is Doc's baby and he controls it, and maybe from a high level but Doc is the decision maker.

Im from the Eastern Panhandle and not one player from here has landed on the roster since Doc has been the coach. Is it the Assit's coaches are not taking anyone to Doc. Its Doc's job on the line so to think he just handed over QB recruiting to someone just sounds stupid to me

Doc is the ONLY person that approves who gets offered. Period. I have heard of coaches going out doing work on a kid that he really likes then getting shot down. This is Doc's baby and he controls it, and maybe from a high level but Doc is the decision maker.

Im from the Eastern Panhandle and not one player from here has landed on the roster since Doc has been the coach. Is it the Assit's coaches are not taking anyone to Doc. Its Doc's job on the line so to think he just handed over QB recruiting to someone just sounds stupid to me
Like i said there is a complex recruiting process in place and Doc makes high level decisions.

I am not gonna pretend I know as much as Doc or any other D1 coach, but looks as if you are still going off about the QB from that area that landed at D2. Look, if the kid was good enough, why isn't he at ur precious WVU. You have it in your head that Marshall is the same as Shepard, ridiculous. We compete for the same recruits as other D1 schools and there just aren't many in the state any given year. We get a few, WVU gets a few and 1 or 2 goes out of state, end of story. That isn't hard to understand.

I am not gonna pretend I know as much as Doc or any other D1 coach, but looks as if you are still going off about the QB from that area that landed at D2. Look, if the kid was good enough, why isn't he at ur precious WVU. You have it in your head that Marshall is the same as Shepard, ridiculous. We compete for the same recruits as other D1 schools and there just aren't many in the state any given year. We get a few, WVU gets a few and 1 or 2 goes out of state, end of story. That isn't hard to understand.
AT this point the WVU commit from Martinsburg Dwayne Grantham most likely is not going to get his grades. Is Marshall in a position to get in on him if this does in fact take place?

AT this point the WVU commit from Martinsburg Dwayne Grantham most likely is not going to get his grades. Is Marshall in a position to get in on him if this does in fact take place?

Coach Stowers told me in a private message that Doc has told his assistants not to recruit anyone from the Eastern Panhandle, so I doubt it.

Coach Stowers told me in a private message that Doc has told his assistants not to recruit anyone from the Eastern Panhandle, so I doubt it.
The rumor in the EP is Doc and Coach Walker at Martinsburg High had a falling out over Eugene German the oline kid that ended up going to Charlotte and being a three starter.

The rumor in the EP is Doc and Coach Walker at Martinsburg High had a falling out over Eugene German the oline kid that ended up going to Charlotte and being a three starter.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
We supposedly offered but he said "thanks, but no thanks" as he was WVU all the way. If he doesn't make the grades then he won't be able to go to WVU so he would have to start over in recruiting. We have spots at his position available in the class so it depends on whether the two sides start talking again.

I disagree about Legg making the decision on anything recruitment wise. Doc makes his own decisions with recruiting period. For example, there were many grad transfer QB's on the market and we settled on Thomson. Legg was already gone.
Cramsey brought the kid here with him if Inrecall correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT