ADVERTISEMENT

Can We Cheer as a State for Being Last?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Governor has announced the first case of the Corona virus in the Eastern Panhandle. So we win by being the last state! Something to be proud of - I guess!

Reactions: Elkview
Figured it would be from that area and close proximity to DC. I ain't sceered!

Side note: as recently as last week, people were still flying back and forth from Amazon HQ in Seattle (site of the largest outbreak in the US at the time) to their facility in Huntington.

If you look at the map of this 0.0000000000001% of humanity has it “plague” by counties, then you can find lots of WV sized regions that are virus free. It is just that none of them geographically add up to one individual state. It is called “rural America”. It is really no surprise that the first case of this disease of contact showed up in the eastern panhandle, along I-81 and near Baltimore and Washington.

As to the “not testing” and other such nonsense, actually WV is in on the same level as any other state, you cannot test people who do not have symptoms.

Side note: as recently as last week, people were still flying back and forth from Amazon HQ in Seattle (site of the largest outbreak in the US at the time) to their facility in Huntington.

Frankly, that’s pretty damn stupid and short sighted. They can skype, web ex, go to meeting. Geez.

As to the “not testing” and other such nonsense, actually WV is in on the same level as any other state, you cannot test people who do not have symptoms.

Except: "We've only had 84 tests in my state as of Monday, said Joe Manchin, the state's senior US senator.

Not trying to start a Manchin stoning here. Like him or not, he does have access to information we don't.

Wrong. The article simply states that said kits are in short supply. Not, as Manchin claims there is some plot that only HE can fix.

But by all means, believe that only your Byrd-god can save you. That somehow the federal government was going to end I-64 at Kenova and restart it at WSS, but your great Bryd-god, using his super genius powers, tricked them into treating WV like every other state. You deserve what you will get.

Wrong. The article simply states that said kits are in short supply. Not, as Manchin claims there is some plot that only HE can fix.

But by all means, believe that only your Byrd-god can save you. That somehow the federal government was going to end I-64 at Kenova and restart it at WSS, but your great Bryd-god, using his super genius powers, tricked them into treating WV like every other state. You deserve what you will get.

Okay, put the gun down and relax.

I was in no way talking about Manchin. I have no clue about the things you just listed, or his claims/promises concerning them. Truth is, I don't know squat about the guy, other than the fact that a lot of people don't like him - you, it seems, included.

ALL I WAS SAYING, is that many articles and interviews over the past week have emphasized the lack of testing that has gone on in WV over the initial part of this situation, which has skewed the numbers. I stand by that. Sorry I used the wrong guy as my source.

Reactions: herdfan06
This is a new strain of flu. Hard to test for what you don’t know your testing for.

It takes time to develop, manufacture and distribute millions of kits. Even then there will massive shortages.
Can’t just snap the fingers and they magically appear.

The Chinese suppressed information on the strain and numbers affected initially. That screwed everyone around the globe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT