ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Edward Camden

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Photo of Captain Edward Camden: Volusia County, Florida,1917. He put on his Civil War veteran’s uniform and tried to register for the draft on the first day of World War I(he was unsuccessful)
He rode with Stonewall and was one of the "Immortal 600."
Enlisted in Company C, Virginia 9th Infantry Battalion on 13 May 1861. Promoted to Full 2nd Lieutenant on 15 Jul 1861. Promoted to Full 1st Lieutenant on 30 Apr 1862.Transferred to Company C, Virginia 25th Infantry Regiment on 01 May 1862. Promoted to Full Captain on 14 Feb 1863. He was captured by Union forces at Spotsylvania VA. on 12 May 1864. Mustered out on 09 Apr 1865 at Appomattox Court House, VA.

450164068_122148995108249606_6493347003302081729_n.jpg

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Photo of Captain Edward Camden: Volusia County, Florida,1917. He put on his Civil War veteran’s uniform and tried to register for the draft on the first day of World War I(he was unsuccessful)
He rode with Stonewall and was one of the "Immortal 600."
Enlisted in Company C, Virginia 9th Infantry Battalion on 13 May 1861. Promoted to Full 2nd Lieutenant on 15 Jul 1861. Promoted to Full 1st Lieutenant on 30 Apr 1862.Transferred to Company C, Virginia 25th Infantry Regiment on 01 May 1862. Promoted to Full Captain on 14 Feb 1863. He was captured by Union forces at Spotsylvania VA. on 12 May 1864. Mustered out on 09 Apr 1865 at Appomattox Court House, VA.

450164068_122148995108249606_6493347003302081729_n.jpg
There was a civil war officer that served during WW1 but at a state side training detail. I think he was in his late 70s at that time.

Yes a lot of Veterans agree with Trump when discussing Song Bird McCain
So since he was a POW, he’s not a hero due to getting captured? That was trump’s claim, and you appear to be agreeing with that.

You’re as much of a piece of shit as he is. As I have said for years, trying to defend trump’s words and actions only make the defender look unethical and illogical. But I’m sure you’re used to that.

So since he was a POW, he’s not a hero due to getting captured? That was trump’s claim, and you appear to be agreeing with that.

You’re as much of a piece of shit as he is. As I have said for years, trying to defend trump’s words and actions only make the defender look unethical and illogical. But I’m sure you’re used to that.
Nope not what I claimed. I said a lot of Veterans agree with his stance on Song Bird McCain and that's all I said.

Nope not what I claimed. I said a lot of Veterans agree with his stance on Song Bird McCain and that's all I said.
His stance? His stance on McCain is that “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

That’s his stance on McCain, and you’re supporting him. Then, again, he could walk down Fifth Ave . . .

His stance? His stance on McCain is that “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

That’s his stance on McCain, and you’re supporting him. Then, again, he could walk down Fifth Ave . . .

Hey dumbass. McCain and Trump hated each other. It was nothing more than a personal attack on one individual.

You slander half of America because they are voting for Trump.

You're one to talk.

Hey dumbass. McCain and Trump hated each other. It was nothing more than a personal attack on one individual.

You're one to talk.
Moron, this isn't about me. I am not running for office nor am I fooling people by trying to claim that I am the biggest supporter of the military. Even then, I still dont make the negative comments about the military like trump does.

Let me dumb this down even more for you: herdman, a big trump supporter, is trying to applaud this POW. I showed that trump doesn't think the guy should be applauded since he was captured. Seems a bit contradictory to his hero's stance, eh?

You're one to talk.

Interestingly but not surprising the Left hated McCain until he became their darling because of his opposition to and hatred for Trump.

Rolling Stone did a very unflattering piece on McCain at one time. It may be this article behind a pay wall.

His contemporaries in the military had no love for McCain as because of his family legacy he didn't wash out after several lost aircraft.

He was the only Republican member of the savings and loan scandal among other things. All in all not a very well liked person.

But hey, the resident liberals love to use him as prop against Trump.

Reactions: 30CAT
Oh, why stop at McCain? Let's look at the other respected Republicans and see their thoughts on trump, shall we?

crushed noo GIF

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
Herman must not get wifi in his deathmobile.

Herman: "Hey, this guy is was a POW, so we should honor and respect him."
Trump: "The loser got caught. Those people aren't heroes to me."
Herman: "Uhh, what should I say now?"

Moron, this isn't about me. I am not running for office nor am I fooling people by trying to claim that I am the biggest supporter of the military. Even then, I still dont make the negative comments about the military like trump does.

Let me dumb this down even more for you: herdman, a big trump supporter, is trying to applaud this POW. I showed that trump doesn't think the guy should be applauded since he was captured. Seems a bit contradictory to his hero's stance, eh?
I was showing a neat picture and thought it was cool. It was showing a piece of history. You turned it political.

Herman must not get wifi in his deathmobile.

Herman: "Hey, this guy is was a POW, so we should honor and respect him."
Trump: "The loser got caught. Those people aren't heroes to me."
Herman: "Uhh, what should I say now?"
That is not what I was doing. I was just showing an old man, who was a Confederate soldier that tried to sign up for WW1. You came in here like EG and tried to make it something it wasn't.

I was showing a neat picture and thought it was cool. It was showing a piece of history. You turned it political.
So you don't want to explain how your hero claims this guy shouldn't be honored yet you want to honor him?

BTW, since this guy was a Confederate, do we have to change the name of Camden Park? Is that still a thing?

I started the thread, had the concept of the thread.
As you said, you had low expectations for it, because frankly, it was a lot quality thread. I approached it from a different direction which led to high engagement and interest.

I can't always save shitty posts that you, Michigan, and other deplorables make, but I am probably the best at doing that, much like everything else.

As you said, you had low expectations for it, because frankly, it was a lot quality thread. I approached it from a different direction which led to high engagement and interest.

I can't always save shitty posts that you, Michigan, and other deplorables make, but I am probably the best at doing that, much like everything else.

I sell a lot of tickets.

I sell a lot of tickets.

You don't sell a lot of tickets. You sell a lot of the sodas/snacks from the concession stand, which are also revenue drivers.

You're like the Scottie Pippen/Klay Thompson of the board. Nobody is buying a ticket/coming here to see you. They are wanting to see Jordan/Steph Curry/RifleGod. They like you being on the team, and you have significant value, but you aren't carrying the team on your own. You definitely aren't winning championships on your own.

Jordan/Steph/RifleGod do those things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT