ADVERTISEMENT

CBH portal news

Best guess is one of the MAC schools in Ohio. I'm predicting Kent State. They secured the top Division I player in Ohio, from Columbus, in the latest recruiting class. They seem to be a team on the move. OU is another possibility. His transfer opens up the needed slot for the kid from Logan. Wonder if any others will leave? If all stay, Danny will have 4 openings next year after the seniors graduate.

Best guess is one of the MAC schools in Ohio. I'm predicting Kent State. They secured the top Division I player in Ohio, from Columbus, in the latest recruiting class. They seem to be a team on the move. OU is another possibility. His transfer opens up the needed slot for the kid from Logan. Wonder if any others will leave? If all stay, Danny will have 4 openings next year after the seniors graduate.

actually 3 for next year. Collins is already in line for one of them

Reactions: Always The Herd
If everyone else stays as indicated in the HD today. Competition for PT will be fierce next year. 4 seniors returning...2 of which will be returning starters. Wouldn't be surprised to see Beyers jump into Bennett's starting spot. Bennett and George will both get minutes. I think Early and Obinna will also earn playing time as true freshmen. And Goran and Marko who I expect to make a big jump. It will be fun.

Last edited:
Cam Brooks-Harris has taken his law firm name and entered the transfer portal.

If we recall, Brooks-Harris...
sat out a few games down the stretch. To my knowledge no reason was given & I am pretty sure he was not injured.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte (78 degrees today---Saturday)

Don't think Knapper is an answer at a guard position in the future at MU. He was not going to be anything more than a 5th guard going forward at WVU and his play there this season was mediocre to very average at best. Like to think that at this stage, going into season 7, of Danny's tenure that we can do a lot better than one of Huggy's recruiting misses!.

If CBH lands at a MAC school, hope it won't be one that we will be playing in the next few seasons. And hope that list will include OHIO U., a game that should be a "no brainer" every year for both schools!!

Last edited:
What can we expect from Rucker, Dillon, and Sarenec because we got to see so little of them this season.

Sarenac played 14.4 minutes per game. That’s right in line with role player as a freshman. He showed flashes of being a good shooter, flashes of creating extra opportunities on offense simply by deflecting rebounds, and some growing pains, too.

He really doesn’t fit with your example. I look forward to seeing how quickly he grows on the court. Turn those flashes into consistent play and he becomes a factor.

If we recall, Brooks-Harris...
sat out a few games down the stretch. To my knowledge no reason was given & I am pretty sure he was not injured.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte (78 degrees today---Saturday)
when he came back from his second suspension he had really digressed. You saw how poorly he played when he was on the floor the first game back. 3 turnovers and a foul in about 1:30 of game time. Danny lost all faith in him down the stretch and this he didn't see the floor again.

I though both Saranec and Milanivich (sp) were major contributors to this team this year, good recruits IMHO. They both gave super minutes at times and contributed to several wins.
I agree but I just didn't see Saranec play much when I watached on TV. Everyone kept saying we needed to recruit better but I have liked what I saw or heard about this two players. Still wondering about Dillon and Rucker. I guess its just wait and see to how hard they work, put in the time, and develop. So much can change by working hard.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
THEN, smart asshole....You ask DD why we call each other===="Cousins-in-law?" Jealousy abounds and in you & MU88.....

Maybe Herdmeister can ask DD if herdzilla is related to him. Will you Meister? Ask DD if he has a "In-law" who is really close. Maybe, you can point DD to this thread and forum and see how many claim to be on the inside with him! That was we know the truth from the typical BS'ers abound.

Last edited:
Maybe Herdmeister can ask DD if herdzilla is related to him. Will you Meister? Ask DD if he is a "In-law" who is really close. Maybe, you can point DD to this thread and forum and see how many claim to be on the inside with him! That was we know the truth from the typical BS'ers abound.

Permit me to enlighten you....Dan does not READ chat forums, especially Marshall ones. We sit around drinking beers and laughing at all the BS that is spewed about him. He has always instructed me to "not fight his battles." He feels there is so much jealousy directed at the D'Antona family---he knows who is in his corner!

In fact, we talked via phone that last week he was in Texas after CUSA hoops were shut down. They departed two days after playing their last game.

Dan puts on his pants the same as you & I and I did not idolize him or Mike. Dan is the funny brother, then Mark and Mike is witty,,,but most serious of the three. Sister, Kathy, adores her three brothers--but she keeps them grounded too.

Competitive as HELL defines the D'Antonia family. They got that from Lewis & Betty Jo. They plan to win all things they are involved in....and they usually team up and WIN anything against family members at our Reunions.

Herdmeister knows Dan probably better than anyone on this forum. He will support all my claims in this post!

HerdZilla22

Last edited:
THEN, smart asshole....You ask DD why we call each other===="Cousins-in-law?" Jealousy abounds and in you & MU88.....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

jealousy?? shut up you crazy old man.

I guess we all just can't picture DD hanging out with a wife beater. that's what I understand from reading this forum.

Reactions: johns1124
I can assure most of you in this group......Mike D'Antoni is a VERY smart person! I don't know the others well enough to comment about them. I support what DD is attempting to do for MU men's basketball. I suggest we all get behind him; also I do not know Mr. Sweeney.....HOWEVER I know several others in the Sweeney family and they all are or were very good people and I have nothing negative to say about any of them. Let's Go Herd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also I do not know Mr. Sweeney.....HOWEVER I know several others in the Sweeney family and they all are or were very good people and I have nothing negative to say about any of them. Let's Go Herd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but his last name is Weeney, not Sweeney. It is "Gary S Weeney."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT