ADVERTISEMENT

Censorship- more liberal hypocrisy

KyMUfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
Liberals have long held a self-promoted goal of freedom of expression. In fact it seems at times they quit reading the Bill of Rights after Amendment One. Classical liberals would often quote Voltaire to illustrate their belief in the First Amendment, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

However it appears that classical liberalism has indeed died, replaced by a mob mentality and an unhealthy commitment to censor and silence opposing viewpoints. This mindset is seeking to set dangerous precedents.

liberals have the high ground on who we discriminate against.

Now, will someone insure AT&T gets regulated like a utility, please? $49/month is highway robbery!!!

The "independent thinker" linking to the Daily Caller.
Actually if you take your partisan blinders off and thought for a change instead of immediately jumping to conclusions the original source was CNN's "Reliable Sources", but alas you resort to the typical name calling again.. ☹

Reactions: mlblack16.
Actually if you take your partisan blinders off and thought for a change instead of immediately jumping to conclusions the original source was CNN's "Reliable Sources", but alas you resort to the typical name calling again.. ☹

I didn't even click on your link. All I needed to see is that you've been reading the Daily Caller. That tells me all I need to know about your independent thinking claim. Moron.

I didn't even click on your link. All I needed to see is that you've been reading the Daily Caller. That tells me all I need to know about your independent thinking claim. Moron.
So former social media execs aren't calling for the de-platform of OAN network? I hope they are. This right wing network needs blocked!!

More self-indictment of your typical liberal MO. You don't even know what you are responding to but feel qualified to pass judgement in a condescending manner while ignoring the facts right before your very eyes. And then the ever present name-calling. There is a bigger world out there than CNN. Maybe you need to expand your horizons...

More self-indictment of your typical liberal MO. You don't even know what you are responding to but feel qualified to pass judgement in a condescending manner while ignoring the facts right before your very eyes. And then the ever present name-calling. There is a bigger world out there than CNN. Maybe you need to expand your horizons...

And maybe I just am not going to participate in your stupid charade. You're getting your news from the like of the Daily Caller shows anyone paying attention that you're not an independent thinker.

While they can both fvck off, you are now being very narrow with "political access". Get yourself to one of those $10k a plate dinners and someone will take your call.
$10K plate dinners are political access, million and billion dollar contracts are political influence. There IS a difference. A huge one.

And maybe I just am not going to participate in your stupid charade. You're getting your news from the like of the Daily Caller shows anyone paying attention that you're not an independent thinker.
You contradict your points so much. You said you didn't even click on the link to determine the original source but you didn't have to in order to see that it came from CNN Reliable Sources. Look again...

Not really. It's all crookedness. Wealth is power. Like $2m pardons...at least Trump learned something from Bill on that one.
You really don't think there is a material difference in a $10k a plate dinner with constituents and million or billion dollar payouts from foreign businesses, governments or state-sponsored industries?

You really don't think there is a material difference in a $10k a plate dinner with constituents and million or billion dollar payouts from foreign businesses, governments or state-sponsored industries?

There is no ethical difference, and that is all that matters.

To accept one is to accept the other. Those $10k a plate dinners lead to million and billion dollar payouts in contracts, tax breaks, etc.

Obviously I would never win with an attitude like mine, but I have often said if I ran for state or national office I would not accept a donation over $20.* Lobbyists? Bwahaha. Fvck those guys.

* Can you imagine achieving your dream of being in Congress only to spend a third of your days begging for big donations? That has to be demoralizing for anyone with a sense of dignity. Might as well be homeless on the streets giving hand jobs for crack.

There is no ethical difference, and that is all that matters.

To accept one is to accept the other. Those $10k a plate dinners lead to million and billion dollar payouts in contracts, tax breaks, etc.

Obviously I would never win with an attitude like mine, but I have often said if I ran for state or national office I would not accept a donation over $20.* Lobbyists? Bwahaha. Fvck those guys.

* Can you imagine achieving your dream of being in Congress only to spend a third of your days begging for big donations? That has to be demoralizing for anyone with a sense of dignity. Might as well be homeless on the streets giving hand jobs for crack.
I agree with most of what you are saying. I think most of Trump's political appeal is because he has appeared to be above much of this during his term and I think that is why he got so much push back from those within and without of his party. i.e. why would he give up the billionaire rock star lifestyle to put his family through all of this? And I don't say that lightly. I saw something early in the 2016 campaign that was an epiphany type moment.

I think Democrats and Republicans have both contributed to getting us to where we are today and it is a broken system. Term limits would go a long way in breaking the system up. Congress should also apply the same laws they pass to themselves. They have exempted themselves many times.

I do disagree with your assertion that there is no significant difference between a $10k fundraiser and a non-disclosed foreign contract, bribe, influence, whatever you want to call it.

You contradict your points so much. You said you didn't even click on the link to determine the original source but you didn't have to in order to see that it came from CNN Reliable Sources. Look again...

It's irrelevant that the source is cnn, moron. It's relevant that your getting your information from Daily Caller which is a far right and unreliable source (nearly everything you've posted contradicts your claim of independent thinker). I'm pretty sure you're a trumptard.

It's irrelevant that the source is cnn, moron. It's relevant that your getting your information from Daily Caller which is a far right and unreliable source (nearly everything you've posted contradicts your claim of independent thinker). I'm pretty sure you're a trumptard.
More name calling and I believe your initial incorrect statement that is was Daily Caller is relevant.

I think most of Trump's political appeal is because he has appeared to be above much of this during his term

giphy.gif

What about not accepting contributions from outside your district?

What about not accepting contributions from outside your district?

I would not agree to that, and I will tell you why: local geography. If someone across the river thought I would fight for our regional shared interests, sure they could send me twenty bucks. Also in state shared interests...I live in the 9th, but this district shares a lot of regional interests with the 6th; hell, lots of people in the 6th work in the 9th. Which gets back to my previous complaints on gerrymandering, that area up the river to the Ohio line should be in the same district as I am, as it was from 2003-2013.

Or state. Did you see how much in out of state money came into the KY and SC senate elections this past year?
I have not, but can only imagine it is an insane amount of money.

I would not agree to that, and I will tell you why: local geography. If someone across the river thought I would fight for our regional shared interests, sure they could send me twenty bucks. Also in state shared interests...I live in the 9th, but this district shares a lot of regional interests with the 6th; hell, lots of people in the 6th work in the 9th. Which gets back to my previous complaints on gerrymandering, that area up the river to the Ohio line should be in the same district as I am, as it was from 2003-2013.
While they may have a vested interest in you, they cannot hold you accountable for your indiscretions with hookers and blow.

I have not, but can only imagine it is an insane amount of money.
Harrison spent $100 million in SC and McGrath spent $93 million in KY with the majority of the contributions likely coming from CA, FL and NY zip codes...☹

Harrison spent $100 million in SC and McGrath spent $93 million in KY with the majority of the contributions likely coming from CA, FL and NY zip codes...☹
Or maybe even China 😀😀😀

You call Daily Caller an unreliable and far right source, yet CNN Is your reliable source? OxyMORONic and unbelievable, you moronic, idiotic libtard.

Let me dumb this down for you:

Homosexuals, at least according to the Supreme Court as of a few months ago, are a protected class under the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Boogaloo members, Proud Boys, and fellow deplorables aren't a protected class.
Why do we have special protection under the law instead of equal protection under the law?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT