ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Litton

I have never been big on his quarterbacking. Been hard on him. What I see him him now is great. Put on 25 pounds and seems dead serious. Hope he plays great.
Much of it also hinders on how the team responds to him. His attitude was a major problem last season but he certainly was not the only one with a poor attitude, several other players did as well, but he is the QB and supposed to be the leader. I am hopeful the team has changed its attitude, and a good start would be with Litton for sure.

Much of it also hinders on how the team responds to him. His attitude was a major problem last season but he certainly was not the only one with a poor attitude, several other players did as well, but he is the QB and supposed to be the leader. I am hopeful the team has changed its attitude, and a good start would be with Litton for sure.

Attitude is the key thing season. If we as a team have the same attitude as last year, we won't win more than 3 games again, but if that aspect has changed, we will have more than just a winning record.

From what I saw at the practice on Saturday, it looks like Litton is the only guy ready to step up on Sep 2. The other guys aren't quite there with mechanics I don't think.

Hey sluggo72 last time I checked football is a "team" sport! Lord knows our team needs a "leader." Chase failed to show leadership last year and we probably still have guys from last years team who - in their minds, doubt his leadership ability. Honestly I hope your prediction of 9 wins happens BUT it's going to take more than Litton to accomplish that - especially since Doc retained Legg as the OC.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
No qb in the last 40 yrs has been given all these chances like chase has been given. Birdsong beat him out easily. We beat purdue and. birdsong got hurt. No doubt birdsong was alot better. No way do i see chase quarterbacking in the nfl. This is litton"s 3rd season. MU has done a terrible job getting qb's to come here under doc other than cato.

Last edited:
Well Cato was good, I agree. We still have two more years with Chase and for the most part he is developing out well, Green and Gaines are young so we will have to see what the future holds. In my opinion, Coach Doc and his staff are developing (QB's) if they stay around 4-5 years. That's the goal of any program, if the kid is willing to stay.

Last edited:
Wish it were that simple.
it is that simple. The way I see it, the only way he starts all 12 are,
1) he isn't hurt &
2) he is playing well . The only way he plays well if the O is playing well. We can run the ball, we can pass the ball, we make FG's and Xpoints score some TD's
If he plays well, the Herd will do well!!

its that simple.

Reactions: pdbailey
1) he isn't hurt &
2) he is playing well . The only way he plays well if the O is playing well. We can run the ball, we can pass the ball, we make FG's and Xpoints score some TD's

its that simple.

But that's sort of cheating the IF/THEN statement. Your original claim was that IF Chase starts, THEN we win. Point #2 of this post is really saying that IF we win, THEN Chase will start.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
1) he isn't hurt &

its that simple.

Respectfully disagree. Many more factors will play into a W-L other than what Litton does or doesn't do. Yes, he is a key element, no question. But the D has to play well, kickers and ST have to do their jobs and the OL has to stay healthy.

Case in point, Rippon's last year as our DC. Our our offense scored points in bunches but the D couldn't stop the Vinson D Team.

If I were going out on a limb, I would say if the starting 5 OL play and start every game, we have a better chance at winning 7 or more games. jmho.

Respectfully disagree. Many more factors will play into a W-L other than what Litton does or doesn't do. Yes, he is a key element, no question. But the D has to play well, kickers and ST have to do their jobs and the OL has to stay healthy.

Case in point, Rippon's last year as our DC. Our our offense scored points in bunches but the D couldn't stop the Vinson D Team.

If I were going out on a limb, I would say if the starting 5 OL play and start every game, we have a better chance at winning 7 or more games. jmho.
while I agree with you last statement, I figure it we aren't winning, no matter how well CL is playing, they will pull him to start someone else. It will be make a change for change sake sort of thing.

But that's sort of cheating the IF/THEN statement. Your original claim was that IF Chase starts, THEN we win. Point #2 of this post is really saying that IF we win, THEN Chase will start.
I didn't say 'if and only if' !!! Which would make it 2 part as you mentioned!!

If chase comes out and plays poorly he will need to improve quickly. Halfway thru the season and chase is not playing well then make a change. Marshall is good when they have good qb's. I always said the team with the best qb win 70% of the time. WE NEED A KICKER. 4 OUT Of ten last year is pititul. I would always use a scholly for a kicker.

If chase comes out and plays poorly he will need to improve quickly. Halfway thru the season and chase is not playing well then make a change. Marshall is good when they have good qb's. I always said the team with the best qb win 70% of the time. WE NEED A KICKER. 4 OUT Of ten last year is pititul. I would always use a scholly for a kicker.
We do use a scholarship for a PK, and we did on Phillips.

Talked with one of our former starters recently who was a senior last year and he said the coaches started losing control in 2015. He said he regrets staying another year and should have left after his junior season. Said they ruined football for him. Also said the loss of the strength coach was huge after 2015.

Reactions: HuntersvilleHerd
I have always said that the ten wins in 2015 were an illusion and were 100% due to what may have been the worst schedule Marshall has ever played at the FBS level. All you have to do is see what the 2014 team did against the same schedule, every game except WKU and UAB was over in the 2nd quarter, many in the first quarter.

I have heard that as well about the strength and conditioning coach. It was a tough loss.

Last edited:
Talked with one of our former starters recently who was a senior last year and he said the coaches started losing control in 2015. He said he regrets staying another year and should have left after his junior season. Said they ruined football for him. Also said the loss of the strength coach was huge after 2015.

Talked with some MU players. They said they hate it when fans make up rumors about them, misquote them, or even just flat out lie.
They also wished the fans were less panicky when it came to 1 real bad season, which they admit happened in 2016.
They also wanted everyone to know that Doc, the players, and AD want no repeats of last year. But they are somewhat pessimistic because the fans never want to move on from 2016.

Reactions: ToesMU
Talked with some MU players. They said they hate it when fans make up rumors about them, misquote them, or even just flat out lie.
They also wished the fans were less panicky when it came to 1 real bad season, which they admit happened in 2016.
They also wanted everyone to know that Doc, the players, and AD want no repeats of last year. But they are somewhat pessimistic because the fans never want to move on from 2016.

I talked with the security guys and concessions people. They said too many people make up rumors about talking to some players. And that the concession food sucks.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
If the players honestly think the result of 2017 has anything to do with how the fans feel about the result of 2016....then I think maybe I understand the result of 2016 a little more.

Jumping the gun a little bit there? Do you want the team to fail? Do you expect the team to fail?

Its kind of hard to want to be successful when a million things are done right and all thats is focused on is 1 error...each day. Its what our fans seem to embrace more than anything.

Don't whimp out and say, 'I think we will lose many games. But I hope I am wrong.' Right now whats their record?

I talked with the security guys and concessions people. They said too many people make up rumors about talking to some players. And that the concession food sucks.

Sadly, Sodexo pays for some expesnive things for the stadium and areas around the place. Their food blows but its tough to kick out someone who covers some of the expenses.

Jumping the gun a little bit there? Do you want the team to fail? Do you expect the team to fail?

Its kind of hard to want to be successful when a million things are done right and all thats is focused on is 1 error...each day. Its what our fans seem to embrace more than anything.

Don't whimp out and say, 'I think we will lose many games. But I hope I am wrong.' Right now whats their record?

Putting MU's worst team in 30 years on the field, when many of the experts were picking us to win the conference, requires a hell of a lot more than "1 error."

We are no different from any other fan base in the country. If anything, we are more connected and passionate about this program than most; and that's a good thing. The worst thing would be to go 3-9 and have no one comment or frequent message boards or have discussions. That would truly be sad. But I guess those in the Schewey would like that - they get a constant free pass.

Again, if the players are that worried about their fans' opinions, just wait until they meet their opponents' helmets.

Jumping the gun a little bit there? Do you want the team to fail? Do you expect the team to fail?.....Don't whimp out and say, 'I think we will lose many games. But I hope I am wrong.' Right now whats their record?

I'm optimistic, hoping for six wins. Based on the relatively static approach from the coaching staff, they seem to think last year's record was solely the product of team chemistry. If that is truly the case, then we could have a mild rebound and be bowl-eligible, but the depth, personnel and experience levels of this team indicate another year of building before they can meaningfully compete, even in this marginal conference.

If I were you, I'd save all my worry about the fans' opinions for the Miami game. A loss there puts Marshall behind the 8-ball, looking at a potential 1-4 start to the season. If this team gets to that point, the fans won't have to remember 2016, they can watch it all over again in 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT