ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Litton

Apparently, the fish maybe interested. They have two 7th Rd. picks, may pick him up for a camp tryout. Basically, a throw-a-way pick.

Last edited:
I never was a fan of chase but I'd be a lowlife if I didnt want him to make a team. Even practice squad pays far more than most Americans and he has his foot in the door. I want all Marshall kids to find work.

I wish him luck and hope he gets drafted.

A lot of folks on this board wanted him gone. He is. If he makes a team, he makes Marshall look good by putting another player in the NFL. Win win from my standpoint.

If he doesn’t, how does that help anyone?

There's a huge difference between being realistic about his chances at getting drafted and not wanting him to succeed.

I think 99% on here would love to see him drafted 1st round and become an NFL superstar, but he struggled too much as a QB in CUSA to suggest anything more than a very late round draft, and that's because a team is willing to take a chance on him.

Unless you have a guaranteed 1-4 rd grade coming out early is insane.

Also, it is idiotic that these guys can't go back to school if they go undrafted.

I never have understood the NCAA's policies that allow a HS baseball player to be drafted by MLB and even hire an agent and still have college eligibility, while having rules that eliminate football and basketball players if they take the same route.......

Reactions: WV_Celt
I never have understood the NCAA's policies that allow a HS baseball player to be drafted by MLB and even hire an agent and still have college eligibility, while having rules that eliminate football and basketball players if they take the same route.......

Are you sure that’s the case? I know about 9-10 years back a kid named Andrew Oliver was drafted, had an agent negotiate, didn’t end up signing and a few years later was suspended by the NCAA. His situation was turned into the NCAA by those agents bc he switched agents a few years later.

Not looking good. I feel bad for the guy if he doesn’t get drafted. I guess he’ll get a chance as a free agent but the odds there aren’t good.

Reactions: sistersville
Whoever “advised” Chase to leave early has got to be smiling right now.

According to Grant at the HD his family highly encouraged him to go and applauded the decision. This according to an article published this week. The dude isn’t ready. Another year to mature and get better would have helped his chances immensely.

I think the NFL teams saw lack of maturity and a limited skill set as his issues.

He can get an FA contract or go to the CFL. Hopefully something will fall into place.

Whoever “advised” Chase to leave early has got to be smiling right now.

12759804.jpeg
12756336.jpeg

I wish him luck and hope he gets drafted.

A lot of folks on this board wanted him gone. He is. If he makes a team, he makes Marshall look good by putting another player in the NFL. Win win from my standpoint.

If he doesn’t, how does that help anyone?
I don't think people wanted him gone they just wanted him to mature. I must admit once his legal issues came out after he left it seemed almost a given he would not get drafted(WAY, to many questions in his past with his skill set to get drafted). Honestly, I had heard his family never thought he did anything wrong and Im sure once the fan base turned on Chase after his soph year they encouraged him to tuck his tail and run. His family was part of his problem.

Reactions: pdbailey
I don’t understand anyone hoping Chase didn’t get drafted. He gave 3 years to our university, and tried to better himself, and won 2 bowl games. Maybe he should have came back for his senior year to help himself professionally, but I’m not mad he tried, or from the effort he gave. Was he the best no, but he wasn’t the worst. I honestly hope he finds success with a team as a UDFA and represents our university. He will be a son of Marshall always, and we should be supportive of him, and hope he does well. Any success he has is success for Marshall.

Last edited:
Undrafted.

Might get a "camp invite" which just means the NFL will dress him and a bunch of other future unemployed up in NFL uniforms and sell it as an "exhibition game" during baseball season. Cut. Career over.
He signed a free agent contract with Kansas City. Wish him luck!

Well, Chase go to work and do your best each and every day! Make the Chiefs as a backup and learn, learn to be a Pro on and off the field!!!!!

Andy Reid won’t baby him if he truly wants a shot at sticking in the league. Time to shut up, grow up and work harder then he has ever worked.

I don’t understand anyone hoping Chase didn’t get drafted. He gave 3 years to our university, and tried to better himself, and won 2 bowl games. Maybe he should have came back for his senior year to help himself professionally, but I’m not mad he tried, or from the effort he gave. Was he the best no, but he wasn’t the worst. I honestly hope he finds success with a team as a UDFA and represents our university. He will be a son of Marshall always, and we should be supportive of him, and hope he does well. Any success he has is success for Marshall.
No one has said they hoped Chase didn't get drafted. They all thought due to past and skill set they thought he wouldn't get drafted.

Andy Reid won’t baby him if he truly wants a shot at sticking in the league. Time to shut up, grow up and work harder then he has ever worked.
This is a very good point. KC is a great place for him to learn and grow but he will need to grow up fast. No showing up to practice not ready to put work in. Chase will need to work very very hard so maybe this will be good for him.

Remember that first job where you showed up early, stayed late, and then even went out with coworkers after work for tips on how to get along with the boss and understand the profession/organization? This is 24-7, 7 days a week from now until camp starts.

Reactions: Sash19
No one has said they hoped Chase didn't get drafted. They all thought due to past and skill set they thought he wouldn't get drafted.

That's the unfortunate reality for the so-called "supah fans."

You're either with them or against them. There's no middle ground for objective thought.

Good for Chase. I'd love to see him on Monday nights, before the offense takes the field, saying his name and then..."Marshall." Only time will tell if that happens.

That's the unfortunate reality for the so-called "supah fans."

You're either with them or against them. There's no middle ground for objective thought.

Good for Chase. I'd love to see him on Monday nights, before the offense takes the field, saying his name and then..."Marshall." Only time will tell if that happens.
Chase as a chance to prove himself so we will see if he (and his family) understands what it really takes to be successful. He can no longer blame others. Its go time.

Reactions: Sash19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT