ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Litton

He made no reads here, knew pre snap where he was throwing. He reached his peak here, not sure another season of not being developed would have done anything for him.

Last edited:
He made no reads here, knew pre snap where he was throwing. He reached his peak here, not sure another season of not being developed would have done anything for him.

He and Brady would have had a huge 2018. We beat NCST if we have Litton instead of Green.

Last edited:
cottrell75 said:

He and Brady would have had a huge 2018. We beat NCST if we have Litton instead of agre
[/quote]
Too bad he couldn’t beat Akron and Charlotte(among others).

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
has been released from the Seattle Dragons of the XFL. I hate to see it and feel sorry for the guy, but I can’t help but wonder how his career might’ve gone differently had he not left early.

I think his career has gone the way it would have gone had he stayed, but it sure would be nice to fall back on a college degree.

but it sure would be nice to fall back on a college degree.

I was thinking about this, and it appears under Doc Holliday we've only had two players who both started a game at QB and went on to graduate from Marshall:

1) Brian Anderson
2) Alex Thomson

(Blake Frohnapfel is close, but gets an asterisk: he never started a game, and his early graduation was just so he could transfer to UMass with two years of eligibility remaining)

Reactions: Elkview
I was thinking about this, and it appears under Doc Holliday we've only had two players who both started a game at QB and went on to graduate from Marshall:

1) Brian Anderson
2) Alex Thomson

(Blake Frohnapfel is close, but gets an asterisk: he never started a game, and his early graduation was just so he could transfer to UMass with two years of eligibility remaining)
Do you count Thomson? He came here as a graduate transfer

Was Litton released outright from the league?

Or was he released by the team and signed/assigned to the XFL's practice squad?

Do you count Thomson? He came here as a graduate transfer
I didn't think to have the stipulation that they began their careers at MU as well. If you stretched that out to "also were recruited by Doc Holliday" it takes the list down to zero names.

He already graduated prior to coming here right, so no that wouldn’t count.
I've been meaning to ask you this for the last two years, but do you know if a member of this forum has the ability to change their username? If so, have you considered editing your handle, by removing the 'is' and replacing it with 'usedtobe'

I've been meaning to ask you this for the last two years, but do you know if a member of this forum has the ability to change their username? If so, have you considered editing your handle, by removing the 'is' and replacing it with 'usedtobe'

Have thought about it many times, but as you can tell I have had it for a long time. I think my new name will be “Marshallusedtoplayforchampionships” but it seems a bit long.

49416210567_a2c23bbbc7_b.jpg

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
has been released from the Seattle Dragons of the XFL. I hate to see it and feel sorry for the guy, but I can’t help but wonder how his career might’ve gone differently had he not left early.
I was shocked Andy Reid signed Chase but it also tells you the potential he has because Andy has made a career of developing QB's. Once Andy dropped Chase it made sense and Im sure he came into camp with a big arm and lots of potential then you get a first hand look at his work ethic and his lack of ability to do the things off the field that makes you an NFL QB and he was cut. Once again Doc recruits talent and pays little to no attention to attitude or character.

I’m so surprised. A look back through the archives here will find plenty of talk about this program cancer and his great prospects. I remember many. All, as usual, ridiculed the voices of reason and reality.

Then the program cancer was on the KC PRACTICE squad. Never played an official down.

Then the program cancer was on the Jacksonville PRACTICE squad. Then Foles went down, and, nope, the program cancer remained on the PRACTICE squad. The Jags traded with Pittsburgh to get a backup, keeping the program cancer on the PRACTICE squad.

Then the program cancer was cut by Jacksonville.

Now the program cancer has been cut by some scrub league that won’t last 2 years.

As predicted.

Because, as I and plenty of others said at the time, the program cancer simply lacked the skills to play pro football. His selfish and self-destructive actions simply compounded his inadequacy.

Leaving out the bad teammate stuff, similar threads can be found about our two recent Euro level basketball departees. Plenty of NBA potential spew, and plenty of ridicule for those who understood they were Euro level (not that there is anything wrong or shameful about being Euro level).

I’m so surprised. A look back through the archives here will find plenty of talk about this program cancer and his great prospects. I remember many. All, as usual, ridiculed the voices of reason and reality.

Then the program cancer was on the KC PRACTICE squad. Never played an official down.

Then the program cancer was on the Jacksonville PRACTICE squad. Then Foles went down, and, nope, the program cancer remained on the PRACTICE squad. The Jags traded with Pittsburgh to get a backup, keeping the program cancer on the PRACTICE squad.

Now the program cancer has been cut by some scrub league that won’t last 2 years.

As predicted.

Because, as I and plenty of others said at the time, the program cancer simply lacked the skills to play pro football. His selfish and self-destructive actions simply compounded his inadequacy.

Leaving out the bad teammate stuff, similar threads can be found about our two recent Euro level basketball departees. Plenty of NBA potential spew, and plenty of ridicule for those who understood they were Euro level (not that there is anything wrong or shameful about being Euro level).
Thanks, Sam. A thread about Chase Litton-a football player-and somehow you turn it into something about basketball. Doesn't that belong in another thread as, I believe, you have stated before?

As predicted.

Again, Doc didn't take attitude into consideration when recruiting this kid(or any other kid for that matter). I hope when Doc looks back after leaving this job he sees his mistakes the 2016 season was a joke and not sure he every recovered

Reactions: The Real SamC
We literally had a current player's dad tell you this is not accurate. Why do you keep posting it?
ok, first, who is the current players dad? Second, so Doc did take attitude into consideration, because if he did then he missed something. Sam confirmed he was a problem, so what am I missing?

ok, first, who is the current players dad? Second, so Doc did take attitude into consideration, because if he did then he missed something. Sam confirmed he was a problem, so what am I missing?
I'm not going to tell you who he is, but he addressed you directly in a thread a couple of weeks ago.

And I didn't say he NEVER ignores character for talent because that would be ridiculous. Every coach in America, (including Saban, Swinney, Orgeron, Day and Riley) will recruit a knucklehead from time-to-time if they're talented enough.

I'm not going to tell you who he is, but he addressed you directly in a thread a couple of weeks ago.

And I didn't say he NEVER ignores character for talent because that would be ridiculous. Every coach in America, (including Saban, Swinney, Orgeron, Day and Riley) will recruit a knucklehead from time-to-time if they're talented enough.
I had no idea a father of player addressed this issue so Im not sure how I would know.

Still, Chase was an attitude problem.

The program cancer was not “talented” at all.

You’re an idiot. The “cancer” was talented enough to have multiple NFL teams sign him, talented enough to have another professional league sign him, and talented enough to make you look dumber than usual, which takes quite a bit of talent.

He's the most talented QB we've had at Marshall in quite awhile.

Totally agree with this. My hot take is that I'll always believe the kid was shaving points. He threw some picks that 1) made absolutely no sense with relation to where his receivers were and 2) hit the DB/Safety in the numbers like he was trying to make sure he caught it.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
I was never a fan of how he handled himself around other players. His mother got on here after I had give a not so good report on him. I felt bad over that and stayed away most of the time in threads about him. He had talent. That was not the problem except one major flaw. He didn't look off his receivers and knew where he was going to throw before the snap. I thought he was gun shy about getting hit. He had all the tools but not working hard and wearing those big diamond ear rings and never kept his helmet on unless he was pouting. Seen him stand off by himself separate from the team. I would have liked to have seen chase make a good living playing football. I felt bad for him in a way. I believe his family and friends must have been telling him how great he was which didn't help his cause. Now someone might know how his family handled him because I'm only taking a shot at why his lack of discipline wasn't ever dealt with. Poor old Aaron gives us these scouting reports on here on players the herd signs and he makes you wonder why some of our kids are not at Alabama. Can't fault Aaron for not loving the herd. I bet he will walk around the Joan and if he catches herd fans not rooting hard and loud for the Herd he might slap a man or a woman just like Patton did that American soldier when he said his nerves were bad. I hope he doesn't lay a slap down on michiganherd just for having Michigan in front of herd as his screen name. Doc would fight for Aaron quicker than any herd fan. Hard to find a fan who agrees with every single move a coach makes. He loves Trump more than Doc. Aaron probably spends more money on Marshall gear than any two fans. I don't know how many days straight has he worn herd gear. He named his kids after herd players and used reference to the herd in his wedding vows. He seems to have a pretty cool wive and a son who probably knows herd football better than any kid his age. He has size too so maybe a future herd player. He would never be allowed to attend WV on a scholarship if it was the only school offering. They do love the herd

Last edited:
I was never a fan of how he handled himself around other players. His mother got on here after I had give a not so good report on him. I felt bad over that and stayed away most of the time in threads about him. He had talent. That was not the problem except one major flaw. He didn't look off his receivers and knew where he was going to throw before the snap. I thought he was gun shy about getting hit. He had all the tools but not working hard and wearing those big diamond ear rings and never kept his helmet on unless he was pouting. Seen him stand off by himself separate from the team. I would have liked to have seen chase make a good living playing football. I felt bad for him in a way. I believe his family and friends must have been telling him how great he was which didn't help his cause. Now someone might know how his family handled him because I'm only taking a shot at why his lack of discipline wasn't ever dealt with. Poor old Aaron gives us these scouting reports on here on players the herd signs and he makes you wonder why some of our kids are not at Alabama. Can't fault Aaron for not loving the herd. I bet he will walk around the Joan and if he catches herd fans not rooting hard and loud for the Herd he might slap a man or a woman just like Patton did that American soldier when he said his nerves were bad. I hope he doesn't lay a slap down on michiganherd just for having Michigan in front of herd as his screen name. Doc would fight for Aaron quicker than any herd fan. Hard to find a fan who agrees with every single move a coach makes. He loves Trump more than Doc. Aaron probably spends more money on Marshall gear than any two fans. I don't know how many days straight has he worn herd gear. He named his kids after herd players and used reference to the herd in his wedding vows. He seems to have a pretty cool wive and a son who probably knows herd football better than any kid his age. He has size too so maybe a future herd player. He would never be allowed to attend WV on a scholarship if it was the only school offering. They do love the herd
In all fairness to Chase, the hit he took in the Akron game would make anyone gun shy. Imo that hit was the beginning of his downfall.

....lessee, Sam is assembling a hit list of nicknames for fellow posters and admins. Now he is expanding the categories to include former players! So far we have
“The criminal” - K O Marcum
“The mental defective” - Riflearm2
“The program cancer” - Chase Luton

There may be more. I guess it’s akin to the Old Pharoh declaring that no one shall utter Moses’ name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT