ADVERTISEMENT

ChatGPT

murox

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
In addition to its threat to universities as a whole, AI may displace lawyers and non-interventialist doctors in the near future. ChatGPT just passed the USMLE.

There are going to be some interesting developments with AI and automation, but I'm very fearful of what could go wrong.

It is coming in many fields. It is going to be hard to imagine, especially when powerful people, especially in govt, get control of it.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
In addition to its threat to universities as a whole, AI may displace lawyers and non-interventialist doctors in the near future. ChatGPT just passed the USMLE.

There are going to be some interesting developments with AI and automation, but I'm very fearful of what could go wrong.

Yeah but what did it score on the LSAT

I have been doing some research into AI and the more i know the more it concerns me for our future. For sure some of what it brings to the table is both exciting and trailblazing. However like Musk says he fears artificial intelligence could one day outsmart humans and endanger us, citing AI as the biggest threat to civilization. I believe he is spot on.

Now that tons of places have eliminated the LSAT or MCAT....good luck as a white guy from marshall or WVU getting into any these elite places. Those tests used to find the low/middle class non-legacy kids.
So other than skin color or sexual orientation, what criteria are they using nowadays?

Reactions: ohio herd
So other than skin color or sexual orientation, what criteria are they using nowadays?

Legacy admissions.

You'll know they care about equality or "equity" when they get rid of that as a variable.

Essays, disadvantaged groups, minority status, gender, grades and prestige of school.

I have a friend intimately involved in the UVA admission process (?I think he's on a board or something). He said when they dropped ACT/SAT during covid it created a HUGE influx of applications and the admissions process has been a disaster.

No other metric has ever shown better objective data that is prognostic of success in school as these standardized tests. Yes, they have their flaws...but they are so far superior to subjective other metrics and completely eliminating them is fallacy IMO.

Now that tons of places have eliminated the LSAT or MCAT....good luck as a white guy from marshall or WVU getting into any these elite places. Those tests used to find the low/middle class non-legacy kids.
The good news is those “elite” schools are quickly losing their elite status. Employers know an Ivy League degree doesn’t mean what it used to.

Legacy admissions.

You'll know they care about equality or "equity" when they get rid of that as a variable.

Essays, disadvantaged groups, minority status, gender, grades and prestige of school.

I have a friend intimately involved in the UVA admission process (?I think he's on a board or something). He said when they dropped ACT/SAT during covid it created a HUGE influx of applications and the admissions process has been a disaster.

No other metric has ever shown better objective data that is prognostic of success in school as these standardized tests. Yes, they have their flaws...but they are so far superior to subjective other metrics and completely eliminating them is fallacy IMO.
I love that it’s happening. The legacy top schools are digging their own graves by not admitting the top students. Do you think these high IQ people won’t excel in life because they go to Penn State and not Penn?

I love that it’s happening. The legacy top schools are digging their own graves by not admitting the top students. Do you think these high IQ people won’t excel in life because they go to Penn State and not Penn?
Would you rather have a token doctor from Penn or a highly qualified doctor from Penn State(or Marshall for that matter).

Those kids will be fine.

But the connections mean something (or at least the results of such connections often "pay off") and getting a lot of smart people all together in one dorm or classroom has merit.

But these places have become too ideologically possessed and have also turned into hedge funds with a side-gig of education. Look at those endowments! The pursuit of truth has been super ceded by the pursuit of activism first, education/research (search for truth) second.

Higher ed will be disrupted, I just don't know how it will look in a decade. There is potential there.

My ideal doctor is a 48 year old white male from Boone Co., WV who went to a state (MD) school.
So you wouldn't want a self-proclaimed expert who coulda gone to med school but instead chose a lucrative career in the entertainment industry while also coaching only at his choice of collegiate athletic programs?

My ideal doctor is a 48 year old white male from Boone Co., WV who went to a state (MD) school.
Hey Doc, I have this problem. I meet all these hot chicks and they all just want to blow me. Can't figure it out.

I’ve been messing around with Chat GPT a bit the last few days, it’s pretty freaky.

It’s amazing to think where the technology with be in 5-10 more years.

Smoke show “9s” but he can’t post a pic of them at dinner because he got caught using IG pics of girls who didn’t know him and they got upset about it.

Yet I have pictures with all of those girls. Do you see how stupid you make yourself look constantly with your obsession with me?

So you wouldn't want a self-proclaimed expert who coulda gone to med school but instead chose a lucrative career in the entertainment industry while also coaching only at his choice of collegiate athletic programs?

Want to compare net worth, incomes, girls, intelligence, athletic ability, physical appearance, lifestyle . . . ?

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Want to compare net worth, incomes, girls, intelligence, athletic ability, physical appearance, lifestyle . . . ?

I couldn't care less about what you have, the girls you date, etc.

Unlike you I'm not painfully insecure.

We have mocked you for years for your self-promotion without evidence to back it up. No one here believes you’re rich. No one believes you bang hot chicks. Your teammates have said you were the worst baseball player on a bad team. Your physical appearance is of an average-looking middle age guy.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Yet I have pictures with all of those girls. Do you see how stupid you make yourself look constantly with your obsession with me?

Tell you what. Send all the nudes to me and I promise to do two things:

1. Keep them confidential.
2. Confirm with the board that you’ve still got it.

Tell you what. Send all the nudes to me and I promise to do two things:

1. Keep them confidential.
2. Confirm with the board that you’ve still got it.
$100k bet offer for the welshing coward.

Both of us will send a nude of a girl holding a piece of paper with today’s date and “murox is king” for me and “hourglass hips are for women” for tubby. The person who sends the hottest chick as judged by bc wins.

Surely a man with hordes of “9s” can find one to salvage his reputation.

Both of us will send a nude of a girl holding a piece of paper with today’s date and “murox is king” for me and “hourglass hips are for women” for tubby. The person who sends the hottest chick as judged by bc wins.

Fwiw, I approve of this bet.

Reactions: big_country90

I’m down for this.

Fwiw, I approve of this bet.
Gays and the mentally ill don’t subscribe to guy code (as evidenced by his constant references to the hooters chick), so it’s a risky proposition for me — but one I would certainly win, like with everything else.

Reactions: ThunderCat98

Yes. You go first

Hahaaa

Here to moderate

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to this friend. I will leave it at that. This is just the basics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT