ADVERTISEMENT

Chief of Staff

extragreen

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 2, 2007
White House chief of staff John Kelly spoke to the "good" and "not so good" parts of US history on Monday, speaking highly of Confederate general Robert E. Lee and attributing the origin of the American Civil War to a "lack of an ability to compromise."

that's alright, you libs like changing history. saw this morning on one of the news channels a church in virginia is taking down a picture of george washington because he owned slaves and it hurt peoples' feelings. tell me, who are you beta cuck faggit libs going to profess to be your new first POTUS with this change of history?

White House chief of staff John Kelly spoke to the "good" and "not so good" parts of US history on Monday, speaking highly of Confederate general Robert E. Lee and attributing the origin of the American Civil War to a "lack of an ability to compromise."

Are you dense? My son recently received his commission in the US military. They study the tactics of a lot of generals, including Robert E Lee and others. They are required to to take military history and tactics as a requirement. Robert E Lee is studied quite often.

Don't be a dumb ass.

Reactions: Herdfaninnoke
Are you dense? My son recently received his commission in the US military. They study the tactics of a lot of generals, including Robert E Lee and others. They are required to to take military history and tactics as a requirement. Robert E Lee is studied quite often.

Don't be a dumb ass.

Rommel is studied also. Don't be a moron.

Yep, let's defend a traitor to the country who fought to defend the right to own slaves. Nothing more honorable than that.
i agree with your sentiment; i disagree with your desire to rewrite history. now, who has your vote for first POTUS?

Have you been through that training? Lee is regarding highly as a general. The US Army has a fort named after him and barracks at West Point.

Lee is a traitor. The fort and barracks are named after a traitor. Rommel was highly regarded as a general.

Lee is a traitor. The fort and barracks are named after a traitor. Rommel was highly regarded as a general.

Lee also made his peace with God. You should read about him and later in life.

If the US Army respects Lee that is good enough for me.

In 1907, on the 100th anniversary of Lee’s birth, President Theodore Roosevelt expressed mainstream American sentiment, praising Lee’s “extraordinary skill as a General, his dauntless courage and high leadership,” adding, “He stood that hardest of all strains, the strain of bearing himself well through the gray evening of failure; and therefore out of what seemed failure he helped to build the wonderful and mighty triumph of our national life, in which all his countrymen, north and south, share.”
Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/making-sense-of-robert-e-lee-85017563/#URFKPtBwr03Yt5mx.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Are you seriously questioning he committed treason against the United States?

Was he convicted of treason? I can't seem to find where he was convicted of treason. If he was please share with me. Can't locate it.

Was he convicted of treason? I can't seem to find where he was convicted of treason. If he was please share with me. Can't locate it.

I'll make it easy for you since you don't want to admit your confederate hero is a traitor....did Robert E. Lee take up arms against the United States?

I'll make it easy for you since you don't want to admit your confederate hero is a traitor....did Robert E. Lee take up arms against the United States?

Yes.

Now if you can share with me his treason charge and conviction that would be great.

Using your rules he was never charged or convicted so no he didnt commit treason
We have a winner!

Lincoln did not want him charged nor did US Grant, the opposing General want it either.

So, no treason for you greed. Further more, treason would have likely been hard to prove and convict against a uniformed soldier, even the ranking General of the South.

Don't need a charge and conviction, since you've admitted he took up arms against the U S. Thanks!

Not true. By definition and legality he likely did not commit treason. Regardless, not sure why in the hell you want to rehash something that was decided in the mid 1860's.

Not true. By definition and legality he likely did not commit treason. Regardless, not sure why in the hell you want to rehash something that was decided in the mid 1860's.

He definitely committed treason. You just admitted to it.

No, you did. I didn't. That's cool. It was in 1860's. Why would I give a flying ****?
I'm not sure why you bother wasting your time with him, other than it passes the time away. I'm the luckiest MF'er on this board, as he continues to have me on ignore. Not sure if Greed is John Podesta, but he sure as hell looks like him.

440.jpg
79d95a6fbb8d05f49f91e0e55e50df74_400x400.jpeg

I'm not sure why you bother wasting your time with him, other than it passes the time away. I'm the luckiest MF'er on this board, as he continues to have me on ignore. Not sure if Greed is John Podesta, but he sure as hell looks like him.

Hell, I don't know either. I guess it is a stress reliever and he probably is bored or something and I feel like I am helping him. Why did he put you on ignore?

Like all generals they all went to military school together. When war broke out all the generals served for the side where they lived. Lee was trying to defeat an enemy. He was not fighting to keep slaves. He was leading his people. He had been raised in new york he would have been on the union side
.like all wars the politicians go to war over disagreements. The soldiers get no opinion. The south had no chance but because of the great Robert Lee Lee they hung tough. When they surrendered Robert Lee ride thru 500 union soldier who saluted the man. Runaway slaves were caught and returned by those on the side of the North.

Robert E Lee committed treason against the United States. Trying to justify it does not change the fact that he committed treason.

Every single person in the south and even some slaves committed treason then. Westmorehead committed treason then lying to america to get more boys sent over there to die.

The greatest democrat of all time saw robert e lee as an inspiration to himself during world war ll.Called him america's greatest general. Why dont u libs get your noses out of black asses and gays and fight for the indians? Calling robert e lee someone who committed treason is the kind of dumb crap that gets democrats beat. Calling people stupid for not voting for hillary will get trump 8 yrs. People will vote for trump out of pure spite if the dems dont wake the hell up. Crying like bitches for 10 months has gotten them no where.

Just so we are clear, all men should be judged in greed's eyes by looking only at their worst decision and viewing it in the light least favorable to them. Using his rules, of course, the last two Dem presidents were a crackhead terrorist and a serial rapist.

Robert E Lee committed treason against the United States. Trying to justify it does not change the fact that he committed treason.
Well, no he didn't and history shows that and will long show that. You will just be some dead anonymous internet poster from Out Wayne and nobody will give a shit what your opinion is. They don't really give a shit now. US Grant and Lincoln didn't bring the charges nor did they want to but you think your opinion means jack shit.

ADVERTISEMENT