ADVERTISEMENT

Chipotle increasing wages…and prices

Are you stupid? Not even joking, like a legit window licker? Have you been to Lowe’s recently? Checked the price of wood recently?
No. You're the lying idiot. Those increased prices at Lowes are due to the 4% increase charged by Chipotle to pay their employees a bit more. Everyone knows this. Idiot.

No. You're the lying idiot. Those increased prices at Lowes are due to the 4% increase charged by Chipotle to pay their employees a bit more. Everyone knows this. Idiot.
It’s a domino effect. Want me to draw it out in crayon for you? Moron.

It’s a domino effect. Want me to draw it out in crayon for you? Moron.
And I'm guessing you believe inflation is tied closely to the increase in wages of low wage workers. Amirite you stupid trumptard.

And I'm talking waaay over your head. You should have at least finished pre-school. Idiot.
Stop thinking about cleaning up after your cuck and realize there’s more to the issue. It’s not just limited to Chipotle, you fvcking moron.

Stop thinking about cleaning up after your cuck and realize there’s more to the issue. It’s not just limited to Chipotle, you fvcking moron.
You're the one that started this with Chipotle, you stupid lying trumpQtard. The 4% increase in their prices is irrelevant. You duncepuppy.

You're the one that started this with Chipotle, you stupid lying trumpQtard. The 4% increase in their prices is irrelevant. You duncepuppy.
You are so damn stupid that the tomatoes really are screaming now.

I want to know who is causing all this inflation that keeps occurring almost all the time.
Death, taxes....and rising prices. Complaining about fast food going up 4% is some old man yelling at clouds shit.

Lumber? The reasons are well documented. It will come back down.
I wouldn’t eat their slop if they lowered wages and prices.
I'm with you here. A decent real Mexican joint is dirt cheap for lunch. Why eat that Chipotle shit?

Death, taxes....and rising prices. Complaining about fast food going up 4% is some old man yelling at clouds shit.

Lumber? The reasons are well documented. It will come back down.

I'm with you here. A decent real Mexican joint is dirt cheap for lunch. Why eat that Chipotle shit?
Again, it is not just fast food. It is everything.

Reactions: Jartard
Chipotle & Wells Fargo are two companies that I’m truly baffled at how they’re still around (or at least haven’t changed their names.).
Wells Fargo was caught repeatedly breaking the law during the most overly-aggressive time of the CFPB’s existence & they brushed that shit off like lint. Chipotle had a run of salmonella that makes me wonder if the people still eating there know what salmonella is (& got hit with a $25 million dollar fine.)
Well Fargo is proof our country is broken.

Again, it is not just fast food. It is everything.
I cannot recall any period in my life when prices consistently went down across the board. Can you? Data shows a small dip in 2009, that's it. Of course, the Great Recession was nothing to cheer about.

The lumber thing is alarming, yes...but again, well documented and barring any collusion prices should come down.

Projected CPI for this year is up 1.9%. That's in line with the historical average in our life times (actually a little low).

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/abou...flation-calculator/consumer-price-index-1913-

, be forced to pay employees more,
Greed paying employees?????

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

Reactions: Jartard
Please quote where I said that.

I won't hold my breath...
you trust the govt? I trust many individuals in govt. I have dealt with many fine folks, but collectively the govt ? Nope. Many of them working for them wouldn't either. It is usually not the average employee. It is the politicians in charge.

Inflation is only a crisis when a Repub is in the WH. Nothing to see during Mush/Harris admin. The great recession "recovery" continues.

Inflation is only a crisis when a Repub is in the WH. Nothing to see during Mush/Harris admin. The great recession "recovery" continues.
Inflation, gas prices rising, dependent and beholden to russian oil now, Chinese controlling supply chains throughout the world and growing their miitary and taking territory.

Mush is off to a great start, part of the grand plan

hahaha, you know better than that. Any business is going pass that cost on.
That’s false. There is a tipping point in pricing for products and services. A company will gladly squeeze 4% of its margin if it means not losing 20% of its sales due to a price increase.

IMO we are at the tipping point with the companies "eating" their cost increases and not passing them through to customers. Prices to end user/consumer have remained relatively flat the last few years, with many industries not passing costs on.

Packaging sizes have been reduced. Various service levels have been altered or eliminated. Disruptive technologies have also allowed increased scale while reducing pressure to increase overall consumer prices. It will be interesting to see if this will continue as wage levels are now measurably increased.

Reactions: i am herdman
That’s false. There is a tipping point in pricing for products and services. A company will gladly squeeze 4% of its margin if it means not losing 20% of its sales due to a price increase.
We can't eat anymore. That's the point.

Prices to end user/consumer have remained relatively flat the last few years, with many industries not passing costs on.
Well, yeah, because inflation has been under average the last decade, so it wasn't as pertinent. We are past the tipping point for many industries, and costs have already been increased.

I raised our prices 13% across the board in January even though our costs haven't increased. Not having increased our fees in 2.5 years and with others doing it allowed for an easy time and excuse to get away with it. Two weeks ago, I interviewed with an investor on the east coast regarding a CEO position at a small company he invested in. He talked me out of that job, then offered me to run two of his five companies (guy is a serial entrepreneur who also wanted to dump $1 million into me starting the same company on the east coast that I just built here). One of those two companies has a product which is almost entirely steel. It retails for about $4500. He is raising the cost $1500 and will still make less on it after the increase due to the shipping and steel costs increases. So even though he is increasing retail price by 33%, he is still going to make less on each unit.

None of that changes the fact that what Herdman said is false. He said "any business is going to pass that cost on," and that's not only completely false, but it is also bad business.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Well, yeah, because inflation has been under average the last decade, so it wasn't as pertinent. We are past the tipping point for many industries, and costs have already been increased.

I raised our prices 13% across the board in January even though our costs haven't increased. Not having increased our fees in 2.5 years and with others doing it allowed for an easy time and excuse to get away with it. Two weeks ago, I interviewed with an investor on the east coast regarding a CEO position at a small company he invested in. He talked me out of that job, then offered me to run two of his five companies (guy is a serial entrepreneur who also wanted to dump $1 million into me starting the same company on the east coast that I just built here). One of those two companies has a product which is almost entirely steel. It retails for about $4500. He is raising the cost $1500 and will still make less on it after the increase due to the shipping and steel costs increases. So even though he is increasing retail price by 33%, he is still going to make less on each unit.

None of that changes the fact that what Herdman said is false. He said "any business is going to pass that cost on," and that's not only completely false, but it is also bad business.
so you raised your prices. it just took you longer. I sell capital equipment. if the manufacturer raises the cost of equipment 5% then, we can't eat all of that. now what we can do is buy in bulk from manufacturer in order to get better margin from them. but, even outside of that, everything else is going up. eventually, that cost gets passed on to the end user/consumer.

He said "any business is going to pass that cost on," and that's not only completely false, but it is also bad business.
I read Herdman's comments as essentially "we are past the tipping point" for not passing on price increases. Something we all seem to agree on. Not sure what the real debate is here.
The consumer has actually "paid" more (not necessarily in price) through various products and services for several years now (via smaller/quantity packaging or reduced services--without begin given a price break). I believe that is beginning to change on a wider scale. Just as your business has demonstrated.
The ability for businesses to wring more costs out of their goods and services is maxed.

so you raised your prices. it just took you longer.
I didn't raise prices out of necessity or increased costs to us. I increased them due to being able to take advantage of every other vendor doing it, thus not having to get much pushback from our customers. There's a huge difference.

. if the manufacturer raises the cost of equipment 5% then, we can't eat all of that. now what we can do is buy in bulk from manufacturer in order to get better margin from them. but, even outside of that, everything else is going up. eventually, that cost gets passed on to the end user/consumer.
Yes, at a certain point, it will. But I guarantee that if you raising the cost to your customer will result in one of your competitors taking 20% of your business, your executives will gladly eat most of that 5% increase in costs instead of the other alternative, which proves your initial comment wrong.

And if you would have stopped bitching about the death mobile and stopped accepting such high commissions, your company wouldn't be in this situation financially.

I didn't raise prices out of necessity or increased costs to us. I increased them due to being able to take advantage of every other vendor doing it, thus not having to get much pushback from our customers. There's a huge difference.

Yes, at a certain point, it will. But I guarantee that if you raising the cost to your customer will result in one of your competitors taking 20% of your business, your executives will gladly eat most of that 5% increase in costs instead of the other alternative, which proves your initial comment wrong.

And if you would have stopped bitching about the death mobile and stopped accepting such high commissions, your company wouldn't be in this situation financially.
Our competitors are in the same situation as the cost of everything is going up across the board. The death mobile was years ago and that was a terrible idea on some bean counters part.

So, you are gouging people? Is that Tyrone down at the buy here and pay here lot? Or is that at the payday lending place?

ADVERTISEMENT