ADVERTISEMENT

Christianity Questions

An example of how an older person can be like a child. When a child prays for something they 100% believe they will receive what they prayed for. We adults should pray with the same faith a child FEELS when they pray.
My last prayer was about 43 years ago. I prayed for this girl cheerleader to make love to me. Prayer didn't work out though, and probably was a good thing, as it would have been my first piece, and she would have probably laughed at me once my 8 or 9 seconds were up. It might have been one of those unanswered prayers ole Garth used to sing about though. Good thing, if so, because that cute girl now looks like a beached whale. I can't imagine how bad my life would suck if I had to come home to her every day.

Surely you know that the old law is no longer in effect. That covenant has been replaced.

I'll repeat Matthew 5:17-20

" 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Idk what Bible your "reading"

My last prayer was about 43 years ago. I prayed for this girl cheerleader to make love to me. Prayer didn't work out though, and probably was a good thing, as it would have been my first piece, and she would have probably laughed at me once my 8 or 9 seconds were up. It might have been one of those unanswered prayers ole Garth used to sing about though. Good thing, if so, because that cute girl now looks like a beached whale. I can't imagine how bad my life would suck if I had to come home to her every day.

You really thought praying to God for sexual immorality was going to work??

LOL, how about those pictures? Talk about unclean. I sure as hell didn't want to see them.

I'll repeat Matthew 5:17-20

" 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Idk what Bible your "reading"

I'll make it real simple for you.

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

_______Jesus

No. It's not.

derpy-donald-trump-hurr-durr-de-herp-de-derp-derp.jpg

Reactions: Herd Fever
So basically what I've gathered from the 88 posts on the question I asked at the beginning is that you see nothing wrong with an all knowing all loving God damning billions of people to hell because they don't believe as you do. You completely support eternal torment and suffering for somebody who has lived an exemplary life but just didn't believe the way you believe. That they should go to the same place rapists and murderers etc who did not do a death bed confession goes too.

You all also seem to support that hell is eternal. So once again you think it's completely logical and have no issue to give someone eternal torment and a horrible beyond words punishment for infinity because they were not accepting of Jesus.

I tell you if you guys are right heaven is going to be very small (in fevers case there will be about 10 people) and it will be very very crowded as the majority of the population of all time will be there.

You're originally from Wayne county. I'm astonished that you have so little Biblical understanding.

I actually, believe it or not, have a very good biblical understanding, but it's just something that I have real trouble with in my belief systems. My parents are both strong Christians, my dad is passed away, but was very involved in the church and was saved, my one brother is also very involved in the church as is his wife and they are both strong Christians.. My other brother goes to one of the mega churches, where the preacher is worth about the same as a CEO of a large corporation and preaches like Joel Osteen. It fits his lifestyle, he's a wealthy jet setter and that type of Christianity suits him.

But my whole life that part of Christianity or honestly any religion that has a hell has always bothered me. That you would have this all powerful, loving God, who would create all of these humans in his likeness. Love them and everything else but at the end of the day if they are not a part of a finite group of people, because remember extra you believe the only way to heaven is the way you believe, so you even feel and believe me I know many others who have the same beliefs that even other Christians if they are not like you will also go to Hell.

So God created all of these billions of people only to send them to eternal punishment when they die for a sin that is just not believing in a particular way. I just find that so strange. And honestly extra and I mean no disrespect by saying this I can read and study the Bible over and over and I would still find this really disturbing.

You're originally from Wayne county. I'm astonished that you have so little Biblical understanding.

You realize that you don't have a single person in this thread who agrees with your interpretation of Matthew, right? That includes a range of people with multiple degrees on the subject all of the way down to a HELP student who has trouble spelling his name and everyone in between.

I actually, believe it or not, have a very good biblical understanding, but it's just something that I have real trouble with in my belief systems. My parents are both strong Christians, my dad is passed away, but was very involved in the church and was saved, my one brother is also very involved in the church as is his wife and they are both strong Christians.. My other brother goes to one of the mega churches, where the preacher is worth about the same as a CEO of a large corporation and preaches like Joel Osteen. It fits his lifestyle, he's a wealthy jet setter and that type of Christianity suits him.

But my whole life that part of Christianity or honestly any religion that has a hell has always bothered me. That you would have this all powerful, loving God, who would create all of these humans in his likeness. Love them and everything else but at the end of the day if they are not a part of a finite group of people, because remember extra you believe the only way to heaven is the way you believe, so you even feel and believe me I know many others who have the same beliefs that even other Christians if they are not like you will also go to Hell.

So God created all of these billions of people only to send them to eternal punishment when they die for a sin that is just not believing in a particular way. I just find that so strange. And honestly extra and I mean no disrespect by saying this I can read and study the Bible over and over and I would still find this really disturbing.

If I have the time I'll respond to this after 9 pm. I'll be busy until then.

So basically what I've gathered from the 88 posts on the question I asked at the beginning is that you see nothing wrong with an all knowing all loving God damning billions of people to hell because they don't believe as you do. You completely support eternal torment and suffering for somebody who has lived an exemplary life but just didn't believe the way you believe. That they should go to the same place rapists and murderers etc who did not do a death bed confession goes too.

You all also seem to support that hell is eternal. So once again you think it's completely logical and have no issue to give someone eternal torment and a horrible beyond words punishment for infinity because they were not accepting of Jesus.

I tell you if you guys are right heaven is going to be very small (in fevers case there will be about 10 people) and it will be very very crowded as the majority of the population of all time will be there.

Look, I go by what the Bible says when it comes to Salvation and Eternal Life.

Look, I go by what the Bible says when it comes to Salvation and Eternal Life.

But you do realize that there are lots of different religions that have their bible that tells them how to not go to hell that is completely different from the Bible you believe in. They probably believe you are going to hell too.

Reactions: herdfan06
But you do realize that there are lots of different religions that have their bible that tells them how to not go to hell that is completely different from the Bible you believe in. They probably believe you are going to hell too.

I don't care what other people's religion tell them. I believe what the Bible and True God says.

I don't care what other people's religion tell them. I believe what the Bible and True God says.

The bible you read has been translated numerous times by sinful and error-prone men from different languages. Unless you speak the original language - which you don't because you can't even speak basic English - you have no idea of knowing what is accurately translated.

The Bible speaks about False Prophets in both the old and new testament. Joel Osteen is a False Prophet. TD Jakes, Jerry Falwell and all these mega church False Prophets are just that, false prophets. They know the rules, they know the Laws and yet they still don't follow them.

The bible you read has been translated numerous times by sinful and error-prone men from different languages. Unless you speak the original language - which you don't because you can't even speak basic English - you have no idea of knowing what is accurately translated.

Once again, instead of leading a legit conversation, you resort to childish name calling and bashing. You just can't help yourself can you??

Once again, instead of leading a legit conversation, you resort to childish name calling and bashing. You just can't help yourself can you??

You're too stupid to catch on, but you realize the name-calling and bashing is only done to you (unless somebody introduces it first) to you, right? You can read many different threads today where I am in disagreement with many other posters, and you're the only one getting bashed.

You're too dumb to pick up on that. Really, why don't you stay on the premium board? You clearly aren't welcome over here by the majority of posters. When one of us needs a laugh, we go out of our way to ask you for your opinion on a topic.

A 37 year who spends his time bashing people on message boards for fun? How pathetic does that sound?

And I'm not the only one, you bash anyone who holds a different opinion than you then you hold a grudge against them forever.

A 37 year who spends his time bashing people on message boards for fun? How pathetic does that sound?

You said I was 35 a few weeks ago, but now I am 37? Your math is as shitty as the rest of your life.

There are people who base their entire careers on bashing people attempting to sing. There are people who base their entire careers on bashing coaches/athletes in sports.
There are people who base their entire careers on bashing politicians/supporters of a particular party.
There are people who base their entire careers on bashing movies and books.

So, no, I don't think it is pathetic that a person is entertained by bashing stupid people who promote their stupid ideas for others to read.

What I think is pathetic is a 30 year old who still lives with momma'. What I think is pathetic is a guy who lives with momma' because he can't afford otherwise, then goes and boasts about paying cash for a new Cadillac . . . and it wasn't even new. What I think is pathetic is a 30-something year old who gets abused so badly and is so soft, that he then contacts employers of other posters and fabricates stories about them. What I think is pathetic is a 30-something who, truly, has the intelligence level of an average 12 year old. What I think is pathetic is a 30 year old who takes his shirt off in the gym area at a public fitness center to take selfies in the mirror . . . and then has the gall to post them online! What I think is pathetic is a guy who boasts about banging his hot girlfriend . . . and then seeing she looks closer to Guillermo on Jimmy Kimmel than anything one would consider "hot." What I think is pathetic is a 30-something year old who commits numerous NCAA violations and stalks high schoolers on their social media just so he can post about it on a site he has to pay to belong to; you have to pay to be there, yet the former board owner asked a favor of me to post there for free. Know your role in life. What I think is pathetic is you claiming that peaceful protesters deserved to die for speaking out against religious beliefs that support discrimination against women and killing of non-believers.

Need I go on?
And I'm not the only one, you bash anyone who holds a different opinion than you then you hold a grudge against them forever.

This board is overwhelmingly conservative. I have disagreed hundreds of times with just about all of the regular posters on here. With the exception of a few morons, there are no grudges held. I'd enjoy watching a game in person with just about everyone on here, and I have done those things and others with many on here including wvu fans. On the other hand, I can't imagine many people (or even anyone) who would enjoy spending time drinking a beer or watching a game with you other than for some entertainment . . . that being laughing at you for being so clueless.

Now, as I said before, run along back over to the site that only welcomes you because you pay. Nobody really wants you here. We will call for you when we need to feel better about ourselves.

Peaceful Protesters? WTF are you talking about??

Seems like you have a ton of time on your hands for your long drawn out replies. Difference between me and you is I don't come here for approval.

Peaceful Protesters? WTF are you talking about??

A couple of years ago in Texas, a Muslim murdered some people who were having a protest against Mohammad. You claimed that they deserved it for mocking Mohammad.

Seems like you have a ton of time on your hands for your long drawn out replies.

My long, drawn-out replies are very fast for me to type. My brain works much faster than yours, and I am a speed typist. You, on the other hand, have trouble with basic elementary level thinking, so what takes me minutes would take you hours.

Difference between me and you is I don't come here for approval.

We are just hoping you don't come here for any reason anymore.

If I wanted to go somewhere for approval, I wouldn't pick a political forum where most people have different political views than I do. Do you ever think before you type?

But ill ask you this, you dislike me because??

It is more of a thought process of knowing you are a huge moron. I think you are a piece of shit as a person; a bum; somebody who will always be a joke. It is those things more than it is a disliking.

Now, your turn. How come my words on a sports message board lead you to acting out for hours on social media that I am not even a part of? How come I can get such strong reaction from you?

What I think is pathetic is a 30 year old who takes his shirt off in the gym area at a public fitness center to take selfies in the mirror . . . and then has the gall to post them online!

Yeah, and they were certainly images I could have lived without.

Unclean for sure.

But my whole life that part of Christianity or honestly any religion that has a hell has always bothered me.

I suppose it kind of bothers everyone that thinks about it. You realize that probably no human being would choose to serve God if there wasn't a punishment involved. The vast majority of people won't serve God even with the punishment as part of the conditions. Ecclesiastes 12:13 Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Proverbs 9:10 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

That you would have this all powerful, loving God, who would create all of these humans in his likeness. Love them and everything else but at the end of the day if they are not a part of a finite group of people, because remember extra you believe the only way to heaven is the way you believe, so you even feel and believe me I know many others who have the same beliefs that even other Christians if they are not like you will also go to Hell.

I'd be interested in proof that I've ever said my way is the only way. I've actually been attacked by others on this board for me stating that I don't think God will send people to torment that haven't heard the gospel. My reason for stating that is because the Bible says that "for where no law is, there is no transgression." Romans 4:15

So God created all of these billions of people only to send them to eternal punishment when they die for a sin that is just not believing in a particular way.

I have yet to meet any 2 people who agree on everything in the Bible. Ever. Even the apostles had disagreements. But I will say this, that if God convicts a person's conscience and draws that person to him, and that person refuses or ignores that calling and dies in that condition, they face eternal torment. And finally, if a person is "sent" to torment, it will be because of their choice in life to not serve God.

You realize that you don't have a single person in this thread who agrees with your interpretation of Matthew, right? That includes a range of people with multiple degrees on the subject all of the way down to a HELP student who has trouble spelling his name and everyone in between.

You realize that means absolutely nothing to me, right?

A Baptized child is clean.

Idk what Bible your reading or what BS church you attend but you need to leave that church if you expect to receive salvation.

All children are clean, and baptizing them accomplishes nothing for them except to get wet.

You realize that probably no human being would choose to serve God if there wasn't a punishment involved.

That's such a bogus argument. I know that a big part of serving your god is based in believing in him and spreading the word. But many atheists live a life that is very "Christ-like." They have options for a much easier life, but they don't do those things because their morals don't agree with it. They aren't fearful of a punishment if they were to do it, but rather, just think it is wrong to do.

All children are clean, and baptizing them accomplishes nothing for them except to get wet.

Oh, I don't know about that. I've gotten quite a few 16 and 17 year old girls wet, and they turned out to be some dirty little girls.

That's such a bogus argument. I know that a big part of serving your god is based in believing in him and spreading the word. But many atheists live a life that is very "Christ-like." They have options for a much easier life, but they don't do those things because their morals don't agree with it. They aren't fearful of a punishment if they were to do it, but rather, just think it is wrong to do.

You forget that those "Christ-like" atheists decide not to serve God. They don't believe in the punishment.

You forget that those "Christ-like" atheists decide not to serve God. They don't believe in the punishment.

That's exactly the point. They don't think they have any punishment, so they have more reason to live an anti-Christlike life. But they don't do that. Besides the believing and spreading the word, many of them live very Christian lifestyles. A belief that there is some sort of punishment if they don't live a Christian-like lifestyle (absent the belief and spreading the word) is not why most people live a respectable life.

That's exactly the point. They don't think they have any punishment, so they have more reason to live an anti-Christlike life. But they don't do that. Besides the believing and spreading the word, many of them live very Christian lifestyles. A belief that there is some sort of punishment if they don't live a Christian-like lifestyle (absent the belief and spreading the word) is not why most people live a respectable life.

The vast majority of people on earth, most of them not atheists, live respectable lives. They don't fear the punishment either. If they did, they would make preparations for death.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT