ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck D had it right . . .

ThunderCat98

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 23, 2007
when he said "neither party is mine, not the jackass or the elephant" (albeit in a different context). The underlying sentiment is correct. Neither party cares for, nor tries to protect, the citizenry. It's all about staying in power and perpetuating their own political existence. Absent meaningful reforms such as hard term limits, ceasing insider trading and kickbacks, and restrictions on legislative salaries, expenses, and retirement benefits, nothing will ever change. Until the people wise up (hint: they won't because the majority are short-sighted and ignorant) and focus on candidates willing to make these things happen, we're stuck with a broken system. It could be saved, but it would take a grass-roots, concerted movement by the American people across 3-4 election cycles to elect candidates willing to (1) commit to a maximum of two terms, and (2) constantly fighting and pushing for system-altering legislation over these two terms.

when he said "neither party is mine, not the jackass or the elephant" (albeit in a different context). The underlying sentiment is correct. Neither party cares for, nor tries to protect, the citizenry. It's all about staying in power and perpetuating their own political existence. Absent meaningful reforms such as hard term limits, ceasing insider trading and kickbacks, and restrictions on legislative salaries, expenses, and retirement benefits, nothing will ever change. Until the people wise up (hint: they won't because the majority are short-sighted and ignorant) and focus on candidates willing to make these things happen, we're stuck with a broken system. It could be saved, but it would take a grass-roots, concerted movement by the American people across 3-4 election cycles to elect candidates willing to (1) commit to a maximum of two terms, and (2) constantly fighting and pushing for system-altering legislation over these two terms.
Trump is actually the antidote to this. The System will do everything in its power to keep him out of the White House. The only man for the job right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Trump is actually the antidote to this. The System will do everything in its power to keep him out of the White House. The only man for the job right now.
I really think that trump is just as big of a problem, as the original post. Totally different types of problems…but problems nonetheless. If DeSantis doesn’t get the nod… I have no idea what I’ll vote come 2024.

Interestingly I became a Buchanan Republican back when I was younger mainly because both Democrats and Republicans were so opposed to him. He was an Establishment Republican until he started visiting factories and talking to the middle-class.

Trump seems to have those same feelings for the middle-class and like Buchanan is a target for both parties.

Here is something Pat Buchanan said 30 years ago and is just as true today:

If the country wants to go in a liberal direction, if the country wants to go in the direction of [Democrats] George Mitchell and Tom Foley, it doesn't bother me as long as I've made the best case I can. What I can't stand are the back-room deals. They're all in on it, the insider game, the establishment game—this is what we're running against.[10]

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Interestingly I became a Buchanan Republican back when I was younger mainly because both Democrats and Republicans were so opposed to him. He was an Establishment Republican until he started visiting factories and talking to the middle-class.

Trump seems to have those same feelings for the middle-class and like Buchanan is a target for both parties.

Here is something Pat Buchanan said 30 years ago and is just as true today:

If the country wants to go in a liberal direction, if the country wants to go in the direction of [Democrats] George Mitchell and Tom Foley, it doesn't bother me as long as I've made the best case I can. What I can't stand are the back-room deals. They're all in on it, the insider game, the establishment game—this is what we're running against.[10]
I understand your point … but i feel like trump has done dirty back room deals as a politician and a businessman, his entire life. Everything he does, imo, is to further himself…not even the party.
He has to know that Desantis will beat him…

I really think that trump is just as big of a problem, as the original post. Totally different types of problems…but problems nonetheless. If DeSantis doesn’t get the nod… I have no idea what I’ll vote come 2024.
If you don't vote or sit it out , you are giving the nod to a Democrat. They cannot be allowed to continue to win. They are damaging the country beyond measure and repair. They are for power and control.

I understand your point … but i feel like trump has done dirty back room deals as a politician and a businessman, his entire life. Everything he does, imo, is to further himself…not even the party.
He has to know that Desantis will beat him…

In the past I could never stand Trump. However before the 2016 primaries I was wakened from a deep sleep and thought to myself Trump is going to be our next president.

I get what you say about the back room deals and no doubt he probably tried the same in DC but was naive as to how the politicians enrich themselves, kind of like a fish out of water.

However I don't think he ran for president to necessarily further himself. I believe he genuinely loves the US, maybe not as much as himself..., and was troubled by the direction it is going.

After all, he has lost net worth and gave up a billionaire Rockstar lifestyle to put his family and himself through unprecedented and unrelenting attacks.

I just hope he can tone down the rhetoric and stick more to the issues. He is generally right on those.

It's all about staying in power and perpetuating their own political existence.

Trump is actually the antidote to this.

Trump is the antidote to politicians doing anything to stay in power and prolong their own political existence? The guy who told his closest advisors and family that he wanted to try to find a way to stay in office after being voted out, the guy who refused to commit to leaving peacefully if he were to lose to Biden, and the guy who urged his supporters to "fight like hell" during their march/attack trying to change the outcome of the election, and the guy who is now sabotaging his own party by separating it is the guy who is the antidote to not being all about staying in power and continuing his own political existence?

What in the fvck is wrong with this moron?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Trump is the antidote to politicians doing anything to stay in power and prolong their own political existence? The guy who told his closest advisors and family that he wanted to try to find a way to stay in office after being voted out, the guy who refused to commit to leaving peacefully if he were to lose to Biden, and the guy who urged his supporters to "fight like hell" during their march/attack trying to change the outcome of the election, and the guy who is now sabotaging his own party by separating it is the guy who is the antidote to not being all about staying in power and continuing his own political existence?

What in the fvck is wrong with this moron?
Your posts are so bland these days. You used to at least post things worthy of responding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT