ADVERTISEMENT

Chucks article

Marine03

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 29, 2012
Connecticut
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/spor...cle_74b041ae-c1bf-5f1f-be1f-44063ec76419.html

Seems as if (and this to you Josh) Doc and company kind of suck against anyone with a heartbeat. And ironically (Josh) there is no mention of “the mess he inherited from Mark and Kayo” mentioned anywhere.
Of course, unless you’re a big donor none of these options on this board, in the stands, on the streets, talk shows, or anywhere else matter do they?

Reactions: putnam green
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/spor...cle_74b041ae-c1bf-5f1f-be1f-44063ec76419.html

Seems as if (and this to you Josh) Doc and company kind of suck against anyone with a heartbeat. And ironically (Josh) there is no mention of “the mess he inherited from Mark and Kayo” mentioned anywhere.
Of course, unless you’re a big donor none of these options on this board, in the stands, on the streets, talk shows, or anywhere else matter do they?

And you’re shocked by that? Landon conspired with Pruett and Justice to get Doc canned last year and you think he’s going to mention something in Doc’s favor? C’mon man!

Doc was dealt a bad hand when he took the job. Most coaches get 2-3 years to repair and rebuild their program. Beyond that time frame, I agree, it’s on him.

My point is this. I just don’t understand how you can pin turnovers on a coach, especially when three out of the four picks thrown, the receivers were running open. They were just poorly thrown balls, unless the receiver ran the route short, who knows!

You all are acting like the season is over and there’s still a chance (long shot) that we could win 10 games.

No one in this forum projected that before the season started.

And you’re shocked by that? Landon conspired with Pruett and Justice to get Doc canned last year and you think he’s going to mention something in Doc’s favor? C’mon man!

Doc was dealt a bad hand when he took the job. Most coaches get 2-3 years to repair and rebuild their program. Beyond that time frame, I agree, it’s on him.

My point is this. I just don’t understand how you can pin turnovers on a coach, especially when three out of the four picks thrown, the receivers were running open. They were just poorly thrown balls, unless the receiver ran the route short, who knows!

You all are acting like the season is over and there’s still a chance (long shot) that we could win 10 games.

It’s been 8 years, and with a watered down schedule he’s had 1 title. It’s been on him since 2012

It’s been 8 years, and with a watered down schedule he’s had 1 title. It’s been on him since 2012

I am not sold it is all Doc's faught. From a guy that serves as an assistant coach.....the head coach is only as good (or bad) as his supporting staff. We assistants coach our players to improve their skills and when we are successful...our head coach looks like a genius. When we fail....he catches hell. Someone said since Doc is a first time head coach----this makes it difficult to select a productive staff....or terminate a coach. As a manager...the last thing you want to do is fire someone since it impacts a lot of innocent family members....and it also shows you made a poor hiring decision from the beginning. Oh heck.....there are more important things than a football game. People are starving in this world. Go Herd....best WKU.

HERDZilla22

Last edited:
I am not sold it is all Doc's faught. From a guy that serves as an assistant coach.....the head coach is only as good (or bad) as his supporting staff. We assistants coach our players to improve their skills and when we are successful...our head coach looks like a genius. When we fail....he catches hell. Someone said since Doc is a first time head coach----this makes it difficult to select a productive staff....or terminate a coach. As a manager...the last thing you want to do is fire someone since it impacts a lot of innocent family members....and it also shows you made a poor hiring decision from the beginning. Oh heck.....there are more important things than a football game. People are starving in this world. Go Herd....best WKU.

HERDZilla22

Of course it is, he’s the HC he has full control on all things football related. He’s responsible for his staff and that includes the hiring and firing of them.

Who the crap cares about the fantastical "winning 10 games" in this league? The only reason nobody on this forum projected 10 wins is because of the low standard set by Doc fielding the most shockingly abysmal team in Marshall history last year. Bottom line, in this trash heap of a conference , playing for a league title is the ONLY thing that matters.

How many times do we have to hear "how can you blame turnovers on a coach? How can you blame lack of execution, run blocking, catching etc on the coach ? Obviously we don't teach them to miss blocks. " That's been the refrain for years now. Why even have a damn coach if they control none of that?

13-30 against winning teams, Josh. Less than 2 DECENT wins a year. "You are who your record says you are."

How long are we going to be ok with that level of success? Either:

A. You are ok with it, and if so you just have a different standard. We can just agree to disagree. Or

B. You think we're on the right track, and real, sustained success is just right around the corner.

If B, what evidence do you see to say that we're on an upward trajectory? How long are you willing to wait for it to play out? Obviously 8 years, but are you willing to wait 9 years? A decade ??

It breaks my heart for our program and town. I know it's hard to see, but I love my school as much as you do. It's just not happening man.

at this point I don't see us getting 10 wins. I don't think everything is falling apart either. I agree the past 2 games turnovers have been the difference. If we fix that we can win 2-3 more. If not then I guess the vultures are going to circle the Shewey Building

at this point I don't see us getting 10 wins. I don't think everything is falling apart either. I agree the past 2 games turnovers have been the difference. If we fix that we can win 2-3 more. If not then I guess the vultures are going to circle the Shewey Building

I don’t see it happening either honestly. I projected 8-4 at the beginning of the year and I’m still ok with that projection.

I don’t see it happening either honestly. I projected 8-4 at the beginning of the year and I’m still ok with that projection.

So you’re ok with a mediocre football team but not ok with mediocre attendance? And you can’t seem to figure out why one determines the other

Josh I cannot understand why you continue to defend Doc and want to blame everyone else. Doc is also 3 and 21 against teams with winning records on the road. just plain and simple....... he sucks. no enthusiasm plus he is an a@#hole.. he is a chicken as a coach. runs a vanilla system and deserves to be fired at the end of this season..

How can you go 12-0 an

How do you go undefeated and not win a conference championship?

Well, there’s 12 games in the regular season and since C-USA has a title game the title game declares the conference champion, not the regular season. We could win 12 games, lose the conference championship and not be the conference champion. That’s how.

Didnt Snyder take the team to a bowl his last year?

Didnt Snyder take the team to a bowl his last year?

Go back and look at the freshmen and sophomores on that roster. Our depth situation was a nightmare and our best option at QB couldn’t stop smoking weed. Besides that, our facilities were a joke.

You said it, not me. You said, “a league title is the only thing that matters.”

So you're going to try and use someone's words to prove your point (while ignoring the other 95 % of my post). If you do that and bust out the quotation marks, you might want to try and actually use an accurate quote. I said :

"Bottom line, in this trash heap of a conference , playing for a league title is the ONLY thing that matters. "

As in being relevant and competitive and a REAL threat to win the league. That has happened twice, in 13 and 14. And in 13 we got embarrassed in the championship game.

HERDZilla22

Dude you are a JV Assistant Baseball coach.

Sit down somewhere.

You are likely getting the conspiracy theories from the folks at MU. They know they need to save their retirement plans.

Reality is the football program at MU is not performing at the standard it should. One title in 8 years. Less than stellar and poor records against the good teams while playing watered down schedules.

Who cares what people predicted? MU should be winning championships. That is not happening.

There were no real changes put in place after a dumpster fire season last year.

You are likely getting the conspiracy theories from the folks at MU. They know they need to save their retirement plans.

Dude, we’ve been through this. It happened. MetroNews, a completely WVU biased, news outlet even reported it.

Dude, we’ve been through this. It happened. MetroNews, a completely WVU biased, news outlet even reported it.
Conspired? OK.

Regardless, does that make the situation at MU acceptable? Where did they get their info by the way? Hamrick? Mad because the governor called them out?

Well, there’s 12 games in the regular season and since C-USA has a title game the title game declares the conference champion, not the regular season. We could win 12 games, lose the conference championship and not be the conference champion. That’s how.
Then you would be 12-1...not 12-0

HERDZilla22

Zilla, Doc is building a program on second chance transfers and props. That is ALL on him.

I think we can sum this up as Marshall football isn't performing up to standards expected. The record against teams with a winning record speaks for itself. It's been a very long time and doc as HC needs to make the right changes that are obvious or we need another HC who can win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT