ADVERTISEMENT

Coach fired

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007

Unfortunately, its women's soccer.

Marshall University Director of Athletics Christian Spears announced on Monday that a national search will begin immediately for the position of head women's soccer coach.

That search comes after former head coach Michael Swan was relieved of his duties on Monday after four seasons with the Herd.

Reactions: RhinoD
I had to look upi womens soccer and see how they did. They were about .500 . Only a pussy AD picks on the womens soccer coach. Seems to want to feed his ego, But when the big desicions come, FB, BB I doubt he will have the stones to do what needs done.
Heck read this guy's bio

He'd be an ideal fit,, yet thats the guy we just fired.

I had to look upi womens soccer and see how they did. They were about .500 . Only a pussy AD picks on the womens soccer coach. Seems to want to feed his ego, But when the big desicions come, FB, BB I doubt he will have the stones to do what needs done.
Heck read this guy's bio

I tend to agree with you, probably 12 people (parents and boyfriends) that care one way or the other about girls soccer. Football and Basketball have problems that must be dealt with in a decisive way but my bet would be Dan and Huff will both be back at the helm come Fall of 2024!

For those criticizing, give me the reason he was fired. Not what you think it might be, but the actual reason.

Heck read this guy's bio

The womens team sucked. They were slow and lacked skill. They had two players that could have played for other teams, Hugh and the goalie. From seeing some posts on social media, this seems like a welcomed change from those invloved in the program. A coaching job at Marshall shouldn't be like a government job, where you can cruise for years until retirement. They are paid to have success. Sadly, Swann didn't. It was a good move by the department.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
For those criticizing, give me the reason he was fired. Not what you think it might be, but the actual reason.
Look at his overall record, specifically the league record. Anyone that watched them play, could see the level of play slide the last few years, this year especially. No one likes to see people lose their jobs but coaches know the situation when they go into coaching, especially college. You are paid to win and have success.

The womens team sucked. They were slow and lacked skill. They had two players that could have played for other teams, Hugh and the goalie. From seeing some posts on social media, this seems like a welcomed change from those invloved in the program. A coaching job at Marshall shouldn't be like a government job, where you can cruise for years until retirement. They are paid to have success. Sadly, Swann didn't. It was a good move by the department.
well another way to look at it, he coached a slow and no skill team, with only 2 players who could play anywhere else to a 7 win season Thats remarkable, seeing how every year they have improved since he took over. And for that he was paid the sum of $83,000 (2022)!! which is approximately 1/2 of what any of the football coaches receive!! And now he has his life uprooted in a sport no one cares about other than the parents of the players!!
so if you pay like a Government worker, expect Government worker results!
This is just dirty from Spears, he didtn pay for success.

Last edited:
People at Mc Donalds make what we paid the womens soccer coach, and work less hours.
He made $83,421, as posted above and as confirmed by a quick search of the state payroll.

That is not only not "McDonald's level money", but more than the $55,000 average WV salary.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
He made $83,421, as posted above and as confirmed by a quick search of the state payroll.

That is not only not "McDonald's level money", but more than the $55,000 average WV salary.
I guarantee the area managers, back office people etc make at that or more. it is still half of what the lowest level FB coach makes If you want performace standards, pay them for performance.

heck the VB coach makes $113k /yr and all she has done is manage to lose more games each year.

well another way to look at it, he coached a slow and no skill team, with only 2 players who could play anywhere else to a 7 win season Thats remarkable, seeing how every year they have improved since he took over. And for that he was paid the sum of $83,000 (2022)!! which is approximately 1/2 of what any of the football coaches eceive!! And now he has his life uprooted in a sport no one cares about other then the parents of the players!!
His past teams had more speed and talent. He won more this year because the OOC was relatively easy. Funny how these coaches stay for years, yet are paid so poorly. Wonder why?

well another way to look at it, he coached a slow and no skill team, with only 2 players who could play anywhere else to a 7 win season Thats remarkable, seeing how every year they have improved since he took over. And for that he was paid the sum of $83,000 (2022)!! which is approximately 1/2 of what any of the football coaches eceive!! And now he has his life uprooted in a sport no one cares about other then the parents of the players!!
How do you tell us you did not graduate, without telling us you did not graduate?

• Haha
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
I think that’s the point, why does anyone other than Huff really care? He just does this to build his resume for his next stop. People’s lives be dam.

Do you? You hate Spears, we get it. But your petulance isn't gonna change a thing, in fact, this'll be you come Christmas:

boom smile GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT