ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Stowers, We Had a Deal

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Which is why I said I'll let him operate over there as long as it doesn't pertain to any posts/posters from HN or OF (which those rules apply to everyone).

I don't think this is happening. His accounts are being deleted over on Pullman and it did not pertain to any post/poster from HN or OF.

Pullman is operating smoothly. I thought we had an agreement.

I don't think this is happening. His accounts are being deleted over on Pullman and it did not pertain to any post/poster from HN or OF.

Pullman is operating smoothly. I thought we had an agreement.

You’re right. If he’d only post on Pullman, then he’d be fine, but that’s not happening. So when I delete his accounts on OF/HN, it deletes his accounts on Pullman as well.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
You’re right. If he’d only post on Pullman, then he’d be fine, but that’s not happening. So when I delete his accounts on OF/HN, it deletes his accounts on Pullman as well.
I think you allowed the volleyball thread. Then, there are guys taking free shots at him.

......gee, I didn’t realize that HN was a democracy? If so, I want to file election fraud charges, ‘cuz I was never notified. Boo hoo, cry me a river of your tears. You’ll receive as much sympathy from 99 % of this board as you have given to your fellow Sons of Marshall over the years - 0. I fully expect him to file a federal lawsuit for the perceived violation of his first amendment rights this week. He has his sights set on SCOTUS, but knows the newly minted conservative majority will laugh their collective asses off when they see his personally written brief (because no lawyer regardless of ability/experience could possibly improve on his superior reasoning, logic AND grammar skills ;D) )
All kidding aside, this couldn’t be happening to a more deserving jack ass than Rifle. Oh wait, if I don’t mention sports I will be charged with posting on the wrong board.......Go Herd! Beat Cincy.....
;)
p.s. Clarence - we’re still good - good??

p.s.s. I guess the ban starts over with the Rifle/Cottrell - bashing moniker??!!!!!

......gee, I didn’t realize that HN was a democracy? If so, I want to file election fraud charges, ‘cuz I was never notified. Boo hoo, cry me a river of your tears. You’ll receive as much sympathy from 99 % of this board as you have given to your fellow Sons of Marshall over the years - 0. I fully expect him to file a federal lawsuit for the perceived violation of his first amendment rights this week. He has his sights set on SCOTUS, but knows the newly minted conservative majority will laugh their collective asses off when they see his personally written brief (because no lawyer regardless of ability/experience could possibly improve on his superior reasoning, logic AND grammar skills ;D) )
All kidding aside, this couldn’t be happening to a more deserving jack ass than Rifle. Oh wait, if I don’t mention sports I will be charged with posting on the wrong board.......Go Herd! Beat Cincy.....
;)
p.s. Clarence - we’re still good - good??

p.s.s. I guess the ban starts over with the Rifle/Cottrell - bashing moniker??!!!!!
violation of rules, using names

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
That’s not why they lost their moderating privileges. They know why. You should ask them.

This is such a Trumpesque type of move: put sanctions in place, clearly indicating limitation of areas in which to operate. Violator says “f____k you Coach! and violates terms of sanction. Mod imposes the final death blow by announcing the “nuclear” sanction! Violator is pissed!!!
Trump sits back and smiles......

That’s not why they lost their moderating privileges. They know why. You should ask them.

I am not sure where that plays into this thread; maybe W-S said something about mods, I just gloss over his posts...but since you brought it up...

Sure, ask me. I have nothing to hide.

I know why. I also know I was not the culprit. And I think you, and Chris, know that as well.

I'm not upset by it. I am amused by it. I am still going to be posting here and having fun.

I am not sure where that plays into this thread; maybe W-S said something about mods, I just gloss over his posts...but since you brought it up...

Sure, ask me. I have nothing to hide.

I know why. I also know I was not the culprit. And I think you, and Chris, know that as well.

I'm not upset by it. I am amused by it. I am still going to be posting here and having fun.

It was in reply to Rifle’s post that was deleted.

I’m not pointing fingers. I was just explaining to him that he was wrong in his assumptions of why those privileges were stripped.

It was in reply to Rifle’s post that was deleted.

I’m not pointing fingers. I was just explaining to him that he was wrong in his assumptions of why those privileges were stripped.
Who runs this establishment? Campbell? Chris, or you? Thanks.

And I am still waiting for someone to explain why SamC is allowed to say the things he does without being booted, while I read others who get booted for venial sins

And I am still waiting for someone to explain why SamC is allowed to say the things he does without being booted, while I read others who get booted for venial sins

For me, it'd be a question of what did he say that would warrant a ban?

Did we miss something?

Nice word pull! I didn't know the meaning. Can you give an example of a "slight, pardonable" sin on this message board? Asking for a banned friend...

Ok so I am new here. I am trying to figure out what the original post had to do with Marshall sports.

It boggles my mind how or why you guys what to bring that stuff over here.

Then you complain, and ridicule the people running the site when they have an issue with you.

Why don’t you just keep the bull crap over on the forum in which you guys talk to each other like children all the while trying to act like adults.

Baffling

For me, it'd be a question of what did he say that would warrant a ban?

Did we miss something?

Well I think so- It is my understanding that inappropriate content gets you banned. I have seen people banned simply for not being a Marshall fanatic and being critical of the program using sarcasm. Yet Sam can spew lies and false content constantly and thats ok. I dont see why one is better/worse than the other.

Unless it was for reasons other than you listed, then I'm going to say they were banned by mistake.

Thats frustrating.. I have been banned in the past for using sarcasm. And it's straight up ban, not probation. I have seen way worse than what I did. And no explaination.. just 'rules violation.'

On that note- why isn't posting lies and false content also a problem? That seems more problematic than being sarcastic, or criticizing Marshall, or giving an opinion of a player or coach, or calling someone out for their BS ( all reasons people have been banned according to the content I read)

Thats frustrating.. I have been banned in the past for using sarcasm. And it's straight up ban, not probation. I have seen way worse than what I did. And no explaination.. just 'rules violation.'

On that note- why isn't posting lies and false content also a problem? That seems more problematic than being sarcastic, or criticizing Marshall, or giving an opinion of a player or coach, or calling someone out for their BS ( all reasons people have been banned according to the content I read)

Hell.. Chris wouldn't even let me use a specific handle because it was sarcastic. It wasn't defamation, it was sarcasm. Yet Sam can post lies all the time. Thats my point

Again, I can't really comment on those situations simply because I'm unaware of the circumstances. You'd have to ask the person that put the ban in place. I will say, to my knowledge, there are only three (maybe four) people with those privileges now. We'll monitor it going forward.

Again, I can't really comment on those situations simply because I'm unaware of the circumstances. You'd have to ask the person that put the ban in place. I will say, to my knowledge, there are only three (maybe four) people with those privileges now. We'll monitor it going forward.

I am 99% sure that the person who banned me a while back is not a moderator now, and they did it because it disagreed with them harshly and they didn't like it.

Still curious as to why Sam can post lies and false content but a handle can't be used. Probably a Chris question since he was the director on the handle

Still curious as to why Sam can post lies and false content but a handle can't be used. Probably a Chris question since he was the director on the handle

Posting false content is something 99% of the people associated with message boards are guilty of so I don't think that's something we can start banning people for.

As far as the handle goes, I don't know what your old handle was to comment, but I support Chris' decision nonetheless.

Ok so I am new here. I am trying to figure out what the original post had to do with Marshall sports.

It boggles my mind how or why you guys what to bring that stuff over here.

Then you complain, and ridicule the people running the site when they have an issue with you.

Why don’t you just keep the bull crap over on the forum in which you guys talk to each other like children all the while trying to act like adults.

Baffling

You took the time to respond and you could have just ignored it

This is a high level situation involving me, coach stowers, and the owner of this site.

It is not going to take away from the excitement of Marshall sports and there is a bigger picture here. You just stirred it up when things have at least for the moment been worked out. This was a dying thread so dont stir the pot in a tense situation.

You do know most of us are actually friends and just bust each others' balls, right?

Speaking of bullcrap, anyone ever read this Perkins guy's Facebook page? I think you and your boys do the same thing over WVU/MU. It is at times....brutal.

I am 99% sure that the person who banned me a while back is not a moderator now, and they did it because it disagreed with them harshly and they didn't like it.

Sam, while insane at times, is merely posting an opinion and nothing personal towards anyone directly. He refers to wvu as a whole, THE AMERICAN!!!! As a whole, as well as whatever else he talks about.
The message, obviously biased and nuts, isn't a direct threat or personal insult towards anyone's family or well being. If you're offended because he hates wvu, well, welcome to the page of your in-state rival...don't expect anyone to like wvu. Don't act surprised either, what you read on here is what wvu fans do in real life and like it. If you're somehow personally offended by it, grow a pair.

The other banned poster would not only disagree but use personal attacks based on observations of the poster in question when they'd somehow let slip something personal about their lives in an entirely different topic/thread. The intent of his responses were borderline malicious in intent since they often contained personal shots at someone.
I am sure Sam is on the radar of the mods and has been posting for a while, so he not only is aware of the board rules but doesn't try to cross them. Unlike the banned guy, if ever told, "we're warning you, don't do that again" Sam actually would comply.

Sam, while insane at times, is merely posting an opinion and nothing personal towards anyone directly. He refers to wvu as a whole, THE AMERICAN!!!! As a whole, as well as whatever else he talks about.
The message, obviously biased and nuts, isn't a direct threat or personal insult towards anyone's family or well being. If you're offended because he hates wvu, well, welcome to the page of your in-state rival...don't expect anyone to like wvu. Don't act surprised either, what you read on here is what wvu fans do in real life and like it. If you're somehow personally offended by it, grow a pair.

The other banned poster would not only disagree but use personal attacks based on observations of the poster in question when they'd somehow let slip something personal about their lives in an entirely different topic/thread. The intent of his responses were borderline malicious in intent since they often contained personal shots at someone.
I am sure Sam is on the radar of the mods and has been posting for a while, so he not only is aware of the board rules but doesn't try to cross them. Unlike the banned guy, if ever told, "we're warning you, don't do that again" Sam actually would comply.

I can assure you nothing Sam has said is offensive to me, and if it ever was, it certainly could never offend me because of what he said about WVU or any other team. It doesn't bother me that teams like or don't like one another. Quite frankly I think its humorous when people whine that people like both teams.

My point with Sam is he posts statistics, garble, and diatribes about anything and everything, and then can't account for himself when people call him out. I agree about the personal attacks, however that doesn't answer my question- why can someone get booted for being sarcastic about Marshall, when Sam gets a free pass for being a complete a-hole to every other team in the country. This IS a message board, and I know it is Marshall based, but as the old adage goes- if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Shouldn't the mods have a little more backbone?

I can assure you nothing Sam has said is offensive to me, and if it ever was, it certainly could never offend me because of what he said about WVU or any other team. It doesn't bother me that teams like or don't like one another. Quite frankly I think its humorous when people whine that people like both teams.

My point with Sam is he posts statistics, garble, and diatribes about anything and everything, and then can't account for himself when people call him out. I agree about the personal attacks, however that doesn't answer my question- why can someone get booted for being sarcastic about Marshall, when Sam gets a free pass for being a complete a-hole to every other team in the country. This IS a message board, and I know it is Marshall based, but as the old adage goes- if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Shouldn't the mods have a little more backbone?
Stop playing the innocent/naive card.

Deep down you're a WVU fan and once in awhile that fandom comes out in the form of over-the-top shit talking about Marshall. This is not a smack board and I have zero tolerance for it. That's why you've been given multiple time-outs and suspensions. What Sam does or doesn't do is quite frankly none of your concern. Yes, he's ridiculous and stubborn but he's been on this board for over a decade and is a Marshall fan. He gets a lot more rope to hang himself with than you do.

And one more thing: "Tron Martinez 4 President" is not a username I'm going to allow on this forum. Sorry if you don't understand that but I really couldn't care less.

This is the last time I'll address this topic with you. We've been over it multiple times via email and I'm tired of seeing it on my board.

Got it?

Reactions: mlblack16.
Stop playing the innocent/naive card.

Deep down you're a WVU fan and once in awhile that fandom comes out in the form of over-the-top shit talking about Marshall. This is not a smack board and I have zero tolerance for it. That's why you've been given multiple time-outs and suspensions. What Sam does or doesn't do is quite frankly none of your concern. Yes, he's ridiculous and stubborn but he's been on this board for over a decade and is a Marshall fan. He gets a lot more rope to hang himself with than you do.

And one more thing: "Tron Martinez 4 President" is not a username I'm going to allow on this forum. Sorry if you don't understand that but I really couldn't care less.

This is the last time I'll address this topic with you. We've been over it multiple times via email and I'm tired of seeing it on my board.

Got it?

I am a WVU fan, I have NEVER once said I wasn't. I am also in fact a Marshall grad. I am not really sure why that seems to be such an issue. I have openly admitted it multiple times.

And just so I am clear- is there a smack board? Every team in the country has one, but it seems like Marshall doesn't. I don't really need one because I don't care to talk smack other than when fans of Marshall AND wvu act like spoiled candy asses. I will call out both sides. But if there is not a smack board, how is it possible to call a spade a spade?

One more thing- I have NEVER been given a time out or suspension, it has only been a full time boot, which is BS. That's probably more than anything what I don't understand- how is smack a full time ban but attacking someone personally (which I have never done) is a temporary time out? Answer that please

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT