ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Pennington

Jartard

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 29, 2019
Has committed to Marshall. That gives us 3 scholarship QB’s in this recruiting class. We also have 2 TE’s in this class. Any ideas what the pressing needs that are left include?

It's good to have depth. With the transfer portal available one or two may leave for playing time.

My thought exactly. With Wells and Zban there, and bringing in three goods ones, a couple will leave

Competition will sort out who will be our QB of the future.
With Wells having 4 years remaining, kind of makes one wonder if maybe the confidence in him isn’t solid behind the scenes bringing in 3 QB’s on scholarship this year. Granted Ohio State showed a few years back that you need at least 3 quality QB’s for the unknown.

With Wells having 4 years remaining, kind of makes one wonder if maybe the confidence in him isn’t solid behind the scenes bringing in 3 QB’s on scholarship this year. Granted Ohio State showed a few years back that you need at least 3 quality QB’s for the unknown.
We needed 3 QBs when Chad was a freshman. That worked out rather well.

We're only bringing in one QB on scholarship this year (Cam Fancher). Zamora, Pennington and Harrison haven't started their senior seasons in high school yet.

We're only bringing in one QB on scholarship this year (Cam Fancher). Zamora, Pennington and Harrison haven't started their senior seasons in high school yet.
and from what we hear Fancher is actually being looked more as an "athlete" than a QB. People that I know that have seen him play in HS believe that is what he should be at the college level

and from what we hear Fancher is actually being looked more as an "athlete" than a QB. People that I know that have seen him play in HS believe that is what he should be at the college level

Well, that's bad information as I've been told. The staff has been really pleased with what he's done so far and have went as far to say, "I think we got a steal with him."

Reactions: Bayou Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT