ADVERTISEMENT

College Football News: Marshall Preview

This article lists Stephen Gilmore as the best player on the team.

I want you to close your eyes for a moment. Visualize the ball floating through the air in the tight spiral, glistening in the stadium lights as it floats toward a receiver at the sideline. Before it can reach its target, it strikes the name on the back of the jersey - "GILMORE."

Players fall to the ground.

A yellow flag arcs into the night sky.

First down.

I don’t get people thinking Navy is going to be a loss. They weren’t all that good last year. App State will be a dogfight and ECU will be much improved. https://navysports.com/sports/football/schedule/2020
One could argue the Herd wasn't all that good last year as well, particularly down the stretch. Big early season game for the Herd for sure, but I think Navy will be hard to beat. You'll know how this one is going to go during the opening possessions. Stop the triple option, and you have a chance. If you can't, you're in for a long day.

Of course, the huge parking lot brawl probably had a lot to do with play on the field down the stretch.

Last edited:
One could argue the Herd wasn't all that good last year as well, particularly down the stretch. Big early season game for the Herd for sure, but I think Navy will be hard to beat. You'll know how this one is going to go during the opening possessions. Stop the triple option, and you have a chance. If you can't, you're in for a long day.

Of course, the huge parking lot brawl probably had a lot to do with play on the field down the stretch.
Agree...if we let Navy hog the ball all day and go on 10:00 drives we're in deep trouble!

I want you to close your eyes for a moment. Visualize the ball floating through the air in the tight spiral, glistening in the stadium lights as it floats toward a receiver at the sideline. Before it can reach its target, it strikes the name on the back of the jersey - "GILMORE."

First down.
LOL! Best post I have read in some time. Bravo!!

Reactions: herdalicious
Navy will be tough because of that offensive scheme for sure, and they are unpredictable because you never know about the academies (they will have 2-3 good years and then absolutely fall off the map for a year or two)... That game could go either way.

Basically if we split with Navy/App State and beat ECU then I think we outperform the prediction and end with 10 wins or more. I just don't see us losing more than one CUSA regular season game. The East is not going to be good and UAB is a toss up in my mind.

Just a quick glance at the schedule and here is what I come up with...

@ Navy - W (could go either way)
NC Central - W
ECU - W
@ App State - L (could go either way)
@ MTSU - W
Old Dominion - W
@ North Texas - W (but worrisome on the road)
FIU - W
@ FAU - W
UAB - L (could go either way)
@ Charlotte - W (although we always suck in Charlotte)
Western Kentucky - W

I would say 7 wins would be worst case scenario, with losses to Navy, ECU, App State, UAB and one other CUSA team... Best case is obviously 12 wins, but we all know how unlikely that is, so I will say we beat the prediction, go 10-2 and win the East.

First down.

Yeah, I don't really get the mix of "loves and supports Marshall football” and "doesn't like Marshall football players.”

We are playing Navy at the best time possible. Game one gives the defense to really prepare as best they can against the Navy offense
This is 100% accurate. We can literally gameplan for Navy's offense weeks in advance. NC Central as our opponent in week two is optimal, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT