ADVERTISEMENT

Confused

PullmanFinger

Green Buffalo
Aug 25, 2017
I don't know whether to be happy with our record or aggravated that Bill 3rd Legg is still around. 14 points to Charlotte. Looked like we were playing the 69ers today not the 49ers

I don't know whether to be happy with our record or aggravated that Bill 3rd Legg is still around. 14 points to Charlotte. Looked like we were playing the 69ers today not the 49ers

We won what are you complaining about!!!! How dare you, we were not predictable and we played with fire and fury all game!!! Bill legg is the greatest!! Just look at what he did last week and this week exactly the same team doing exactly the same game plan and man we looked on fire !!! Wooo hoooo go bill legg hope, he stays forever!

kresier, Pennington, leftwich, hill have been some of the last QBs to be able to throw a deep ball..... we haven't had a deep threat since...

Marshall use to score on a 80-90 yard pass all day.. but that style play has to change cause we can't hit a target running full speed...

We won what are you complaining about!!!! How dare you, we were not predictable and we played with fire and fury all game!!! Bill legg is the greatest!! Just look at what he did last week and this week exactly the same team doing exactly the same game plan and man we looked on fire !!! Wooo hoooo go bill legg hope, he stays forever!

:rolleyes:

If anyone is satisfied with this win they have their head stuck where the light doesn't shine! Our defense is solid and are responsible for our wins. Our offense is the poorest I have ever seen. Holiday should have made some changes on the staff before the season started. We need to find an offensive line coach and an offensive coordinator. Having two offensive coordinators is BS and was just a way to keep the fan base quiet. Well we can now see that Legg is still in control and our offense sucks for air. It's sickening to watch such a performance when you have weapons to score from anywhere on the field.

Wow thundermax where you been? Legg has been discussed on here for months. Oh well. Go Herd (despite Legg).

This fanbase!

We are four and one overall, one and zero in the conference, and two wins from a bowl. The one was to a team that will be ranked about 18th when the poll comes out this afternoon and which should be 6-0 and ranked 8th or so but for a bad game with USC.

This fanbase.

If anyone is satisfied with this win they have their head stuck where the light doesn't shine! Our defense is solid and are responsible for our wins. Our offense is the poorest I have ever seen. Holiday should have made some changes on the staff before the season started. We need to find an offensive line coach and an offensive coordinator. Having two offensive coordinators is BS and was just a way to keep the fan base quiet. Well we can now see that Legg is still in control and our offense sucks for air. It's sickening to watch such a performance when you have weapons to score from anywhere on the field.
Wow, Im kinda excited about the team. I actually think the turn around from last season is amazing. Sure, the offense didn't score a ton of points but Doc gets paid to win not entertain. How would you feel if the team lost?

This fanbase!

We are four and one overall, one and zero in the conference, and two wins from a bowl. The one was to a team that will be ranked about 18th when the poll comes out this afternoon and which should be 6-0 and ranked 8th or so but for a bad game with USC.

This fanbase.
If your satisfied with 6 win seasons just to make Bowl game then your not a Marshall fan.. our offense is horrible anyone can see that, and I've been screaming it for awhile now. again way to predictable.!!!!

But who am I.

This fanbase!

This fanbase.

Come on Sam. There are huge issues on the offense. Everyone can see them. Yeah, 4-1 is awesome but the big picture is, we don't have a good OC and our offense is woefully inconsistent. We'd get drilled if we played in a legit league.
Thank God we play is a glorified FCS league.

Litton is still throwing off his back foot -- even noticed it on the TD to Ty're. Mechanics have not improved with the new QB coach/co-offensive coordinator.

I DO think he is making better decisions and showing more leadership. Manning camp has made a difference in that regard.

As long as Doc is coach and Legg wants to be at Marshall and Hamrick is at Marshall that trifecta will remain in place. It doesn't matter is we are 12-0 or 0-12. They will all ride off in the sunset together when they chose to do so.

If your satisfied with 6 win seasons just to make Bowl game then your not a Marshall fan.. our offense is horrible anyone can see that, and I've been screaming it for awhile now. again way to predictable.!!!!

But who am I.

Come on Sam. There are huge issues on the offense. Everyone can see them. Yeah, 4-1 is awesome but the big picture is, we don't have a good OC and our offense is woefully inconsistent. We'd get drilled if we played in a legit league.

This fanbase.

WTF do you want?

4-1, one loss was to a ranked ACC team who just waxed the once worshiped Louisville. Beat a team from the almighty THE AMERICAN!!!! on the road.

Satisfied with "just" a bowl? No, but the fact is, the way the system is unless we go undefeated, a pre-Christmas named for some obscure product bowl is what happens. There really is not much difference in bowl quality between 11-1 and 6-6 for any of the G5. Reality. So "satisfied" ? No, but after last year, a return to a bowl will be nice for this still young team. More to come.

And the same ole bellyaching about CUSA. It is where we are. It is our league. Winning it (something we have done exactly ONCE) is nothing to you? We are never going to get in the P5. That leaves this grand THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!! Bull s***. We have been over and over it. Fact is those in power made the decision (the correct one, IMHO) to stay out of that cesspool of hype and fanless football. That is unlikely to change for at least a decade. Enjoy what we are.

This fanbase is the most hangdog sad negative bunch going.

4-1, undefeated in conference. Be happy.

How do you only win this league once? That says a lot right there. Maybe this is our year. The league is that bad..

Reactions: marshallisqbu
This fanbase.

WTF do you want?

4-1, one loss was to a ranked ACC team who just waxed the once worshiped Louisville. Beat a team from the almighty THE AMERICAN!!!! on the road.

Satisfied with "just" a bowl? No, but the fact is, the way the system is unless we go undefeated, a pre-Christmas named for some obscure product bowl is what happens. There really is not much difference in bowl quality between 11-1 and 6-6 for any of the G5. Reality. So "satisfied" ? No, but after last year, a return to a bowl will be nice for this still young team. More to come.

And the same ole bellyaching about CUSA. It is where we are. It is our league. Winning it (something we have done exactly ONCE) is nothing to you? We are never going to get in the P5. That leaves this grand THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!! Bull s***. We have been over and over it. Fact is those in power made the decision (the correct one, IMHO) to stay out of that cesspool of hype and fanless football. That is unlikely to change for at least a decade. Enjoy what we are.

Lol. Are you implying that Marshall was invited to the AAC and declined the offer? If so I would love to see some supporting evidence of this.

Reactions: nmhmu1983
This fanbase.

WTF do you want?

Please. This fan base is like any other fan base. If we didn't give a shit or were on Docs nutsack like some, you wouldn't see anything on this board.

But, yeah, it's all fluffy bunnies and rainbows.

We have some improving to do as a team.

Unfortunately playing like this is going to end up being a long season.

Our offense is the poorest I have ever seen.

Happy-New-Year-Baby-Clipart-2016-01EXLG2490x3222Print300DPI.jpg

We are 4-1! Yeah! Let's look at those 4 wins. Miami of Ohio lost at home this weekend to what was a winless Bowling Green team. Kent St got dominated by NIU. Cinci got smoked at home by 28 by UCF in a SHORTENED game. Lastly, we scored 14 points against one of the worst teams in FBS that also lost at home to NC A&T....sorry if 4-1 doesn't excite me.

Hey, UCF 85. Now don't you get cocky because your starting to turn your program around! Remember where you were a couple seasons ago. Stay in your lane and enjoy your coaching staff, while you have them!

Man I thought I was the only crazy wacko nut job that never provides facts and actual data to say our offense is trash and bill legg needs fired...!!

But I guess not...!

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth

Yep. That's 4-1 against teams who are currently 2-4, 2-4, 1-5 and 0-6. Collectively, 5-19, or just over 25% victorious. That certainly will soon allow the Herd to make a Big Splash on the national FBS football scene, I'm sure.

I dont understand the mentality of the guy calling the plays... Against NC State in the first half and Cincy last week the offense was creative, effective and fun to watch... Kent State and last night, we get up 14 points and turn into a middle school team. Run up the middle, screen, run up the middle, punt. Repeat.

Quick note - 5-19 is just a little better than 20%, not 25%.

This is actually the third game in a row that we have went into a shell in the second half. The good news is that we are 3-0 in those games. The bad news is that it is only a matter of time before this style costs us a game we should win. The positive results in these games is only going to reinforce to Doc that it is the right thing to do. I spoke to a former Marshall player after the game (Donnan era) and his simple comment was that "I guarantee we would have played to put the game away".

At this point I'm not sure Legg is the guy to blame. He calls plays that accomplish the strategy of the head coach. If Doc, after watching the first half, is fully convinced that the opposition can't score enough points in the second half to beat us, his directions to Legg could simply be "let's focus on running clock and getting out of here". It will eventually catch up with him.

The thing that made yesterday so boring was that we consistently, for the entire game, snapped the ball very deep into the play clock, so we were running about 3 plays every two minutes. I was just sitting there thinking - remember when the staff used to run more players per game than anyone in college football? How does a staff go to such extremes in a 4-5 year period? It tells me that we really don't have a philosophy on what we want to be.

Quick note - 5-19 is just a little better than 20%, not 25%.

This is actually the third game in a row that we have went into a shell in the second half. The good news is that we are 3-0 in those games. The bad news is that it is only a matter of time before this style costs us a game we should win. The positive results in these games is only going to reinforce to Doc that it is the right thing to do. I spoke to a former Marshall player after the game (Donnan era) and his simple comment was that "I guarantee we would have played to put the game away".

At this point I'm not sure Legg is the guy to blame. He calls plays that accomplish the strategy of the head coach. If Doc, after watching the first half, is fully convinced that the opposition can't score enough points in the second half to beat us, his directions to Legg could simply be "let's focus on running clock and getting out of here". It will eventually catch up with him.

The thing that made yesterday so boring was that we consistently, for the entire game, snapped the ball very deep into the play clock, so we were running about 3 plays every two minutes. I was just sitting there thinking - remember when the staff used to run more players per game than anyone in college football? How does a staff go to such extremes in a 4-5 year period? It tells me that we really don't have a philosophy on what we want to be.

Well said... I hope they bring there attitudes they took to Cincinnati every game they were fun to watch that night!

they sure brought last years attitude to charlotte... .zzz zzzzz .zzzzzzzzz

Depth (or lack there of) along the offensive front has been a major factor into slowing the pace down.

Yea but wait till the end of November once they are playing there best ... they need to get that chemistry and fluidity cause they are so young...

We are 4-1! Yeah! Let's look at those 4 wins. Miami of Ohio lost at home this weekend to what was a winless Bowling Green team. Kent St got dominated by NIU. Cinci got smoked at home by 28 by UCF in a SHORTENED game. Lastly, we scored 14 points against one of the worst teams in FBS that also lost at home to NC A&T....sorry if 4-1 doesn't excite me.

Here it comes...I was waiting for like at least 3 more weeks till this crap comes out.

I swear, some would spend more time trying to discredit the team than just saying, "We won...it wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win. Hope the team improves next week and wins again."

Nope, not for some of you, who want to go at great lengths to prove your narrative about the offense is correct. SPOILER: It's not correct.
Even when Legg does call a good game like against Cincy, some of you just can't accept it...ever...at all...because you want to "prove" it's not good.
Funny thing...despite the looks of our team, if Legg was so bad, we wouldn't be 4-1 right now...and not have surpassed our win total last year...so I guess the offense works good enough.

Here it comes...I was waiting for like at least 3 more weeks till this crap comes out.

I swear, some would spend more time trying to discredit the team than just saying, "We won...it wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win. Hope the team improves next week and wins again."

Nope, not for some of you, who want to go at great lengths to prove your narrative about the offense is correct. SPOILER: It's not correct.
Even when Legg does call a good game like against Cincy, some of you just can't accept it...ever...at all...because you want to "prove" it's not good.
Funny thing...despite the looks of our team, if Legg was so bad, we wouldn't be 4-1 right now...and not have surpassed our win total last year...so I guess the offense works good enough.
Special teams bailed out the offense against Miami and the defense bailed us out against Kent St and Charlotte. Is 14 points against one of the worst teams in FBS acceptable? 21 points against another of the worst FBS teams. Our offense only scored 10 points against Miami...10.

No offense to anyone here, but there is a lot of other things not taken into consideration in this conversation. One is, due to on the field time reduced for the offense due to defensive turnovers and point from special teams, the Miami game didn’t give the offense a lot of time to perform. This season is going to be similar to 2015,offense up and down, it is what it is.

Josh said ..... OL's are built on chemistry. These guys haven't had the chance to build that yet. What you're seeing now isn't necessarily the same OL we'll be seeing in October and November.

Here is is October and now your saying depth is our problem..... lol your funny man

Josh said ..... OL's are built on chemistry. These guys haven't had the chance to build that yet. What you're seeing now isn't necessarily the same OL we'll be seeing in October and November.

Here is is October and now your saying depth is our problem..... lol your funny man

Chemistry is key in offensive line play. It’s the most important aspect of it.

And yes, depth is an issue. In the last two weeks, we’ve only played 3 guys at tackles (and Addison only played one series against Cincy).

So Will Ulmer and Tarik Adams have played 99.99% of the snaps in the last two weeks.

If we were to play uptempo with our depth lacking then our level of play would likely drop off even further due to exhaustion.

You all crack me up, we went 3-9 last year! We are currently 4-1! Most of the people on here were screaming for improvement this year or docs head! Do I think we go 12-1 this year?!? No, I don't!!! But I think 9-10 wins in very reasonable and a lot better than last year!!! Wtf is the problem? Yeah we only scored 14 points.... but we only needed 4 points.... wins are the only thing that matter!!! Stop complaining and enjoy the win!!! Would you rather be sitting at home in December or bowling at the start of winter?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT