ADVERTISEMENT

Covid hospitalizations

herdfan429

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
The Atlantic has a story out from a pre published (not yet peer reviewed) study on hospitalizations and covid. The short of it is we may be inflating true covid hospitalization by upwards of 50%. The numbers are including asymptomatic cases and incidental findings of people at the hospital for other reasons that are being tested. It will be interesting to see if others pick up and expand the sample of this study to see if it is a blip or an actual trend

Not even saying it’s wrong, but all I know there is no room in the Inn in Charleston -Huntington hospitals for some reason.
My wife works at Cabell and in her job, she’s very aware of the occupancy, it’s been pretty much full for the past couple of weeks. It’s also Covid that is the reason.

There are limitations to the study one of which is it was done prior to delta variant. I don’t think the point of the study was to say there were hospitals chocked full of people on that the numbers of people counted as covid hospitalization may be skewed.

Herdman, yes, cases have been trending down for the last 7-10 days. Extra is using deaths, a lagging indicator.

Also, this surge has been far less deadly than the previous strain. The death to case ratio is around 0.6% for this spike whereas previous spikes saw rates around 1.2%.

Herdman, yes, cases have been trending down for the last 7-10 days. Extra is using deaths, a lagging indicator.

Also, this surge has been far less deadly than the previous strain. The death to case ratio is around 0.6% for this spike whereas previous spikes saw rates around 1.2%.
Thank goodness for that vaccine reducing deaths, huh

Reactions: Chevy1

Thank you for the clarification.

Thank goodness for that vaccine reducing deaths, huh
Thank God for Trump. I can't imagine if this thing would have hit and the current admin trying to get it done. Govt is typically slow but with this Mush brain it is slow and off the tracks.

No, I'm not. The 7 day average for cases was the highest yesterday of any 7 day average since Jan 25, 2021
so is Biden's plan he said he had not working? hell, he has three vaccines out there to work with and knows more about the disease.

Reactions: Jartard
I know of 2 people who died in car accidents that during their medical tests showed positive with COVID19 that got scored as a COVID19 death. don't know how much similar happened. but definitely there are cases that should be scored in another category

Looks like a lot of blood on trump and trumptards....

And here are the American adults who say they’ve already been vaccinated —

• Democrats: 88 percent
  • Republicans: 55 percent
  • Biden voters in 2020 general election: 91 percent
  • Trump voters in 2020 general election: 50 percent

Newsflash: Trump is not the President. When you are the “President”, you are the President of everyone and not just who your handlers tell you that you are. People died of Covid under Trump mostly before the vaccines rolled out, all the deaths under Dementia Joe have been since the vaccines rolled out.

But Joe is the most popular man in our history. Shouldn't he be able to convince people to get a vaccine

Can you imagine if dems would habe been in charge? There likely would be no vaccine

Glad I went on living my life last year instead if being a hermit.

all the deaths under Dementia Joe have been since the vaccines rolled out.
And the vast majority of those are due to hog-headed Americans who won't wear masks and won't get vaccinated. Most of those are conservative voters and you still don't care if they die or not. I do.
Can you imagine if dems would habe been in charge? There likely would be no vaccine
You're an idiot.

And the vast majority of those are due to hog-headed Americans who won't wear masks and won't get vaccinated. Most of those are conservative voters and you still don't care if they die or not. I do.

You're an idiot.
Dems can't move fast. They would have politicized it more and turned it to shit. We would still be told hide in your closet...waiting and waiting.

Was watching CNN yesterday and noticed that minorities are slow to the jab. Thus please provide a link since i have yet to see a data point that backs up your claim to 88%. They are obviously not telling the truth

Reactions: Jartard
Was watching CNN yesterday and noticed that minorities are slow to the jab. Thus please provide a link since i have yet to see a data point that backs up your claim to 88%. They are obviously not telling the truth
You mean you didn’t get asked political affiliation when getting a vaccine????

🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: ohio herd
Just consider it fake news as usual and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT