ADVERTISEMENT

Cramsey's Most Important Task

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
GET KNOX MORE INVOLVED!

Find a way to get Knox more involved in this game. He needs to be the focal point in this offense come Saturday. He's been removed by the last two teams from being a factor although he was doing pretty good last game, but we were pass happy. That is something that we cannot be in this game. We have a young QB who came completely unglued and we cannot afford for the young man to have another rough game.

Yes MTSU and Rice did a good job in scheming out Knox, but it's Cramsey's job to counter their scheme and defeat it. Use two TEs and bigger sets.

We're supposed to be a good team. We're supposed to have the best RB and the best OL in the conference and both are supposed to be among the best in the nation.

Coming into JCE this Friday night is one of the worst rush defenses in the country. Charlotte is the 110th ranked rush defense in the nation. They surrender 213.2 yards per game on 5.86 yards per carry.

There is absolutely no excuse for Knox not to be a big factor in this game. He's our best player and your best players are supposed to be the ones that step forward and take over when they're needed the most.

We've allowed to bad teams take our best player out of the game. That just simply should not happen.

In the infamous words of Mark Snyder. "We gotta get that fixed."

Just how much more likely are we to win if Knox goes over 100 yards on the ground and when he finds paydirt.

If Knox eclipses the 100 yard mark we are 13-2 and when he is under 100 yards we are 5-5.

The two losses in 100 yards games were the loss to UCF in the bowl game last season where Knox ran for 103 yards and VT in 2018 when he ran for his 204 yards.

When Knox finds the endzone we are 14-2 and when he doesn't score we are 5-5.

When Knox scores two or more TDs we are 6-1.

The two losses when Knox scored were against Boise in 2019 where he scored once and against VT in 2018 where he scored twice.

In games where Knox goes for over 100 yards and 2+ TDs we are 4-1 with the lone loss being to VT in 2018.

Feed the man the ball!

Reactions: HerdFan73
I 100% agree with you, although I’ll point out I think we were the ones the schemed our Knox not Rice.

I pointed out in another thread that he was averaging 5 YPC at halftime. With only 7 carries. Given that evens was out he should have had close to double the carries.

I 100% agree with you, although I’ll point out I think we were the ones the schemed our Knox not Rice.

I pointed out in another thread that he was averaging 5 YPC at halftime. With only 7 carries. Given that evens was out he should have had close to double the carries.
That's where I was trying to go in my post. I did another post on the other board that broke down each possession and we've been very pass happy. Even if they were scheming Knox out MTSU and Rice(coming in) both sucked against run and UNC-C is even worse. There is zero excuse to not have Knox more involved if not the focal point.

Grant needs some pressure taken off of him.

Reactions: HerdFan73
@HerdFan73 here is the other post I referenced

MTSU who is 109th in the nation allowing 221.9 yards per game and 5.23 yards per carry held Knox to 70 yards and no TDs.

Rice who is 65th in the nation allowing 162.3 yards per game and 4.47 yards per carry held Knox to 76 yards and not TDs.

Full disclosure Cain Madden was out against MTSU and today Ulmer and Ball were out. Still why have we been unable to push these bad teams around? Why has Cramsey been unable to get Knox more involved in the game? It almost seems like we've just kind of gave up on the run game.

Here are the possession for each game. Unless noted the run plays are by Knox.

Against MTSU
1st Possession: Run-Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass-Run-Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass-Punt
2nd Possession: Pass-Pass-Run-Pass-Pass-Punt
3rd Possession: Run-Pass(TD)
4th Possession: Run-Run-Pass-Punt
5th Possession: Pass-Pass-Pass-Run-Pass-Pass-Pass-Run(Turnover on downs)
6th Possession: Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass-Punt
7th Possession: Run-Pass-Pass-Pass-Run(Wells)-Pass(TD)
8th Possession: Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass(TD)
9th Possession: Pass-Pass-Run(Willie)-Pass(TD)
10th Possession: Pass-Pass-Pass-Punt
11th Possession: Run(Evans)-Pass-Run(Evans TD)
12th Possession: Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass(TD)
13th Possession: Run-Pass-Run-Run-Pass-Run-Run-Run(Wells)-Run-Pass-Run(Wells)-Run(Evans)-Run(Evans)-Run(Evans)-Missed FG

Against Rice
1st Possession: Pass-Run-Pass-Run-Pass-Run-Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass(Turnover on Downs)
2nd Possession: Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass(INT)
3rd Possession: Run-Pass-Run(Wells)-Pass-Run-Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass-Run-Pass-Punt
4th Possession: Pass-Pass-Run-Run(Wells)-Pass(sack)-Pass(INT)
5th Possession: Pass-Run(Wells)-Pass-Punt
6th Possession: Run-Pass-Pass(INT)
7th Possession: Run-Run-Pass(INT)
8th Possession: Pass-Run-Pass(INT)
9th Possession: Run-Pass-Run-Run-Run(Wells)-Run-Pass-Run-Run-Pass(Sack)-Run(Wells)-Punt
10th Possession: Pass-Pass-Pass-Pass-Run-Run-Pass-Pass-Run-Pass-Pass(Turnover on Downs)

Considering how piss poor both MTSU and Rice are at defending the run is it the defense taking Knox out of the game or is Cramsey not doing enough to get him going. Especially today with the way Wells was struggling. Was there nothing that Cramsey could draw up to get Knox going the way he has for the first 6 games of the season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT